DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: repair shattered screen?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global

repair shattered screen?

I have a two month old droid 2 global that just dropped lightly (in a protective case and with a screen protector!) and the screen shattered. I have no insurance. But it still works, and I saw a site called "Clean Planet Cell phone repair" that says it can replace the screen for $89. Considering retail is $599, if that works it would be lovely... anyone know or have other suggestions? TX!

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cassidyathena View Post
    I have a two month old droid 2 global that just dropped lightly (in a protective case and with a screen protector!) and the screen shattered. I have no insurance. But it still works, and I saw a site called "Clean Planet Cell phone repair" that says it can replace the screen for $89. Considering retail is $599, if that works it would be lovely... anyone know or have other suggestions? TX!
    Call Motorola first and see how much their repair would be. Even though its not in warranty they should still fix it for you. Also, if you have someone else do it i'm sure there is a way Motorola can tell if someone else has opened the phone therefor any future problems won't be fixable by Motorola.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by miketoasty View Post
    Call Motorola first and see how much their repair would be. Even though its not in warranty they should still fix it for you. Also, if you have someone else do it i'm sure there is a way Motorola can tell if someone else has opened the phone therefor any future problems won't be fixable by Motorola.
    Miketoasty, thanks! As it happens, my techie brother suggested the same thing, which had never even occurred to me (my bad) and they will fix it for $110, and take about a week vs. 24 hours for the other place, but definitely a better idea. Quality, not quickness ;-)
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by miketoasty View Post
    Miketoasty, thanks! As it happens, my techie brother suggested the same thing, which had never even occurred to me (my bad) and they will fix it for $110, and take about a week vs. 24 hours for the other place, but definitely a better idea. Quality, not quickness ;-)

No problem, and trust me you never know the kind of quality your going to get with these 3rd party sites. Good luck with your repair and enjoy your droid!
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    JaredSartin
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    You shattered Gorilla Glass?!
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xPhoenix777 View Post
    You shattered Gorilla Glass?!
    It's not un-breakable.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

8. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1682 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    this is for droid 1 but I am sure it will work for d2

9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Wow, I don't think I could do that, but in any case mine has a slide out key board so it would work differently. In this case I think paying for expertise is worth it!
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Wow, I don't think I could do that, but in any case mine has a slide out key board so it would work differently. In this case I think paying for expertise is worth it!

Given the fact that the video is of a Droid, which DOES have a slide out keyboard... I'd say you're right.

Plus, it's always nice to have a warranty on a repair, which you don't get when you do it yourself.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global

Red face

Given the fact that the video is of a Droid, which DOES have a slide out keyboard... I'd say you're right. .
    * hangs head in shame* It looked much thinner than mine! Really! :-) That's why I'm asking advice, not giving it :-) And I haven't done that kind of work since building dollhouse furniture in my lo-yonder youth... with good reason!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links