DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Help! Bootloop for GummyJAR! Cant go into recovery mode!

  1. Droid Newbie
    nickman1122's Avatar
    Member #
    164062
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #1

    Exclamation Help! Bootloop for GummyJAR! Cant go into recovery mode!

    So i tried using rom manager to flash the GummyJAR rom. When i went into boot mode, I couldnt get into recovery mode. NOW take out the battery, put it back in, push the powerbutton until the motorola sign comes up, then I press x then hold the power button. Then it goes to the gummyJAR boot and just loops. I tried connecting my phone to a wall but nothing changes EXCEPT when I get to the picture of the battery, i try going x+hold power button but same old GummyJAR bootloop/. I tried connecting it to my computer but then it just says "Bootloader D2.37 Battery OK OK to prgram Transfer Mode: USB" PLEASE HELP. Been trying for like 2 hours. PLease post ANYTHING that might help. How to do the steps I'm doing, links to stuff, anything. Thanks.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    FC127's Avatar
    Member #
    146455
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cortland, NY
    Posts
    196
    Twitter
    fc127
    Phone
    Droid X - Gingerbread
    #2
    You need to hold x and the power bttons at the same time right from the start. Then keep holding until recovery comes up. Try wiping cache and data from stock recovery.

    Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  4. Master Droid
    Kimo91's Avatar
    Member #
    161050
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    404
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    #3
    Exactly what happened to me last week. Tried everything and even brought it to my friend who's a android nerd and he too couldn't recover my phone. Had to get it replaced.

    sent from Kimo's rooted DROID 2
  5. Senior Droid
    FC127's Avatar
    Member #
    146455
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cortland, NY
    Posts
    196
    Twitter
    fc127
    Phone
    Droid X - Gingerbread
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimo91 View Post
    Exactly what happened to me last week. Tried everything and even brought it to my friend who's a android nerd and he too couldn't recover my phone. Had to get it replaced.

    sent from Kimo's rooted DROID 2
    Are you prepared to pay full price for that phone when verizon sees what is wrong with it?

    Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  6. Rescue Squad
    UrbanBounca's Avatar
    Member #
    121587
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,095
    Liked
    62 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Centura
    Premium Member
    #5
    You're not holding "X" long enough. GJ did this to me, too, and I wiped cache/data, and SBF'd back to normal.

    Your "Google nerd" must not know much about Android.

    Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  7. Master Droid
    Kimo91's Avatar
    Member #
    161050
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    404
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by FC127 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimo91 View Post
    Exactly what happened to me last week. Tried everything and even brought it to my friend who's a android nerd and he too couldn't recover my phone. Had to get it replaced.

    sent from Kimo's rooted DROID 2
    Are you prepared to pay full price for that phone when verizon sees what is wrong with it?

    I paid the insurance replacement cause I was the reason it bootlooped...I'm not dumb like these asses here that try to pull a scam to get a free replacement when they break their phones

    Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App


    sent from Kimo's rooted DROID 2
  8. Master Droid
    Kimo91's Avatar
    Member #
    161050
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    404
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    #7
    I paid the insurance cause I'm not like some of the dumb asses here that cause their phone to break via rooting and try to scam Verizon to send a free replacement. I broke my phone therefore I pay the price.

    sent from Kimo's rooted DROID 2
  9. Master Droid
    CD95YJ's Avatar
    Member #
    133232
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    871
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid X - just upgraded :)
    #8
    But even with the insurrance on the phone they can still charge you full price for the replacement if they look at your old phone and see the reason it "broke" was because you rooted it. Dropping it in water, dropping it on the ground, those are accidents, rooting and screwing it up isn't, and filling an insurance claim could be taken as fraud.

    Now to the op, when you connect to your computer that is the bootloader. Download RSDlite and the full SBF file for your phone to your computer. Make sure to read the posts on using RSDlite and flash the stock SBF to your phone. You can recover your phone... honest
    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
    There is no try, only do or do not -
  10. Junior Droid
    quayday8's Avatar
    Member #
    164833
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by CD95YJ View Post
    But even with the insurrance on the phone they can still charge you full price for the replacement if they look at your old phone and see the reason it "broke" was because you rooted it. Dropping it in water, dropping it on the ground, those are accidents, rooting and screwing it up isn't, and filling an insurance claim could be taken as fraud.

    Now to the op, when you connect to your computer that is the bootloader. Download RSDlite and the full SBF file for your phone to your computer. Make sure to read the posts on using RSDlite and flash the stock SBF to your phone. You can recover your phone... honest
    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
    +1 on this info. I had the same problem with GummyJar and did my research and brought my D2 back to life with an incredible ROM to boot!
  11. Master Droid
    NiceGuysFinishLast's Avatar
    Member #
    156937
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    748
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimo91 View Post
    I paid the insurance cause I'm not like some of the dumb asses here that cause their phone to break via rooting and try to scam Verizon to send a free replacement. I broke my phone therefore I pay the price.

    sent from Kimo's rooted DROID 2

    You paid $90 + shipping to replace a phone that could have been flashed in 10 minutes by someone with some basic knowledge acquired from the internet, and WE'RE the dumbasses?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Bootloop and no recovery
    By Wolfman5101 in forum Motorola Droid 2 Development
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 10:04 AM
  2. Unleashed 3.0 bootloop/ no recovery
    By Wolfman5101 in forum Droid 2 Roms
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 11:58 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 01:53 PM
  4. Clarifications on Bootloop, Brick, and Recovery Menu, and ROM
    By davidx in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-29-2010, 11:50 PM
  5. Stuck in Bootloop and No Recovery NEEED HELP please!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By NickEprice in forum Rescue Squad Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 08:50 AM

Search tags for this page

boot droid charge into recovery mode

,

bootloop droid charge wont push driver download

,

cant boot galaxy centura into download or recovery mode

,

cant go to ad recovery

,

droid 2 gummyjar boot loop

,

droid charge not going into recovery mode

,

getting droid 1 into recovery mode

,

how to boot droid charge into recovery mode

,
how to get a droide charge in recovery mode
,

how to get droid 1 into recovery mode

,
how to get in recovery on droid charge
,

how to get into recovery mode droid charge

,
how to get into recovery mode galaxy s in a bootloop
,

how to put droid charge into recovery mode

,

tablet bootloops on android

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+