DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Droid 2 disconnects from wifi

  1. Junior Droid
    MastarChew's Avatar
    Member #
    163362
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #1

    [SOLVED] Droid 2 disconnects from wifi

    SOLUTION:
    Thank you everyone who tried to help me out, i appreciate it!
    I had to change my router to wireless G only.
    works fine now.

    PROBLEM:
    First of all, I'm pretty new to the smart phone and forum scene.
    This problem has been driving me insane and I figured this would be the place to get some help.
    When I first got my droid this all worked fine, as of about a month ago I've been having this problem.
    My Droid 2 will connect to my wireless router and obtain an IP address no problem.
    When i go to access the web however, I will get disconnected.
    This does not happen every time, but a large majority of the time.

    Here is my router info/setup:
    Linksys E2100L wireless router
    Network Mode: Mixed
    Channel Width: Auto
    Channel: 1 - 2.412GHZ (no one in my area is on channel 1)
    SSID Broadcast: Disabled
    Security Mode: WPA/WPA2 Mixed Mode
    Wireless MAC Filter: Enabled (my phone's MAC address is on the permitted list)
    AP Isolation: Disabled
    Basic Rate: All
    N Transmission Rate: Auto
    CTS Protection Mode: Auto
    Beacon Interval: 100
    DTIM Interval: 1
    Fragmentation Threshold: 2346
    RTS Threshold: 2347

    If you guys would like more info just let me know.
    Any help at all on this would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by MastarChew; 01-30-2011 at 11:45 AM. Reason: issue is solved
  2. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #2
    I've had 3 wifi capable phones. A Blackberry Storm, a D1 and a D2.

    All 3 had problems with the Linksys Wireless N router I had. Specially if I was a bit of a distance from it or if I sat in my chair. Now I have a Belkin router. I still see an occasional issue but not as much as I did with the Linksys router.

    But your's is a wireless E and I believe that would make a difference. I almost bought one of those, changed my mind.

    Sorry if this isn't much help. Could be the router.

    Does it work fine when you're right next to it?
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Junior Droid
    MastarChew's Avatar
    Member #
    163362
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    I've had 3 wifi capable phones. A Blackberry Storm, a D1 and a D2.

    All 3 had problems with the Linksys Wireless N router I had. Specially if I was a bit of a distance from it or if I sat in my chair. Now I have a Belkin router. I still see an occasional issue but not as much as I did with the Linksys router.

    But your's is a wireless E and I believe that would make a difference. I almost bought one of those, changed my mind.

    Sorry if this isn't much help. Could be the router.

    Does it work fine when you're right next to it?
    No it does not work when I am right next to it.
    I've ran several different WiFi analyzers and I'm getting no interference from any other AP.
    The router works fine with my laptop, ps3, 360, wii, ds, and psp.
    Also like I said, it's only recently been doing this, which means it did work correctly at one point.

    Thank you for your reply
  4. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by MastarChew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    I've had 3 wifi capable phones. A Blackberry Storm, a D1 and a D2.

    All 3 had problems with the Linksys Wireless N router I had. Specially if I was a bit of a distance from it or if I sat in my chair. Now I have a Belkin router. I still see an occasional issue but not as much as I did with the Linksys router.

    But your's is a wireless E and I believe that would make a difference. I almost bought one of those, changed my mind.

    Sorry if this isn't much help. Could be the router.

    Does it work fine when you're right next to it?
    No it does not work when I am right next to it.
    I've ran several different WiFi analyzers and I'm getting no interference from any other AP.
    The router works fine with my laptop, ps3, 360, wii, ds, and psp.
    Also like I said, it's only recently been doing this, which means it did work correctly at one point.

    Thank you for your reply
    Well if all your other wireless devices are working and this won't work when you're right next to it I'd wager that you have an issue with the phone. Hard to say what caused it, I've never heard of an app interfering with wifi. Sounds to me like you ought to get a replacement.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Junior Droid
    MastarChew's Avatar
    Member #
    163362
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #5
    I've been messing around with this some more.
    I enabled broadcast SSID on the router.
    This appears to have at least helped some what.
    I can now at least sustain some connection.
    When i do a speedtest or any larger download I get disconnected after a few seconds and it then times out.
    please someone help me out here...
  6. Droid
    Nods_Dad's Avatar
    Member #
    114102
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    78
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #6
    I had a similar problem with my Dlink router....I had a setting to enable multicasting....I checked this and never had the issue again. Hope this helps

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  7. Junior Droid
    MastarChew's Avatar
    Member #
    163362
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Nods_Dad View Post
    I had a similar problem with my Dlink router....I had a setting to enable multicasting....I checked this and never had the issue again. Hope this helps

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    The only option I see on my router is "Filter Multicast"
    It is currently unchecked.
    checking appears to give me some results.
    I can do three speedtests in a row before being disconnected.
    my problem is however, still not resolved...

    Thank you for your reply
    Last edited by MastarChew; 01-22-2011 at 11:32 AM.
  8. Junior Droid
    MastarChew's Avatar
    Member #
    163362
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #8
    I have now tested my phone on a friend's wireless router and it appears to work fine, so the problem lies with my router settings.

    I'm surprised no one on here can help me... =(
  9. Senior Droid
    Khiraji's Avatar
    Member #
    139732
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    195
    Phone
    Droid 4
    #9
    Maybe try resetting your router? Stick a paper clip or a pen in the reset hole in the back, and hold for ~10 seconds.

    My D2 seems to love every router it's ever talked to, except the WAPs at my university. From friends' houses to Starbucks to random coffee shops or cafes, everything's great - except the university WAPs. I have to powercycle the Wi-Fi radio to get it to connect, and then it works great on campus. Weird.

    If all else fails, try a factory reset on your phone. It's a pain in the ass, but worth it if it fixes the problem.
  10. Developer
    jeffv2's Avatar
    Member #
    151962
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    1,241
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    galaxy nexus
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #10
    I had this problem, after changing my router from 2.4 ghz to 5ghz it now works flawlessly. I'm going to say it was probably because of radio interference, idk.... oh and I have a netwear WNR2000v3

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Droid constantly disconnects from USB
    By dajakal in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-03-2013, 12:37 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 12:16 AM
  3. Droid Disconnects Internet
    By ethereal67 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-25-2010, 12:34 PM
  4. My Moto Droid touch screen disconnects phone calls
    By JoDroid in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 08:17 AM
  5. Wifi Disconnects
    By wcnoland in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 09:19 PM

Search tags for this page

android 2.1.2 wireless disconnects
,

droid 2 disconnects wifi

,

droid 2 global wifi disconnect

,
droid 2 global wifi disconnecting
,

droid 2 wifi disconnects

,

droid disconnects from wifi

,
milestone 2 wifi disconnects
,

why does my phone disconnect from wifi

,
wifi disconnects frequently android
,
y does motorola droid 2 disconnect from wifi
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+