DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Slow internet on D2

  1. Junior Droid
    tacomaguy912's Avatar
    Member #
    150947
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    #1

    Slow internet on D2

    Bought the Droid 2 brand new on black friday of this year. I am already on my second warranty replacement (refurb) due to loose screen/screen wobble issues. Ive had this one for a couple days and the internet is noticeably slower than that of my new D2 and even the 1st refurb. Did i just get the shaft or is there something i can do to boost the speed? And why is it slower?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. What iDoesn't
    Droid DOES!!'s Avatar
    Member #
    77093
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,335
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #2
    Any task killers installed? Are you using back or home to exit applications?

    DroidForums Junkie!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

    If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  4. Junior Droid
    tacomaguy912's Avatar
    Member #
    150947
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    #3
    I have Advanced Task Killer installed. I use home to exit apps
  5. Rescue Squad
    spaz33g's Avatar
    Member #
    113637
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    orange county, ca
    Posts
    6,388
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, T-bolt, Droid 2
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by tacomaguy912 View Post
    I have Advanced Task Killer installed. I use home to exit apps
    You should do the opposite of both those things. Ditch the task killer and use the back button to exit apps. This signifies to the system that you are done with it and it will handle it in its own time.

    tappin and a talkin
  6. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #5
    Also clean the cache and the cookies.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  7. What iDoesn't
    Droid DOES!!'s Avatar
    Member #
    77093
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,335
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #6
    +100

    Quote Originally Posted by spaz33g View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tacomaguy912 View Post
    I have Advanced Task Killer installed. I use home to exit apps
    You should do the opposite of both those things. Ditch the task killer and use the back button to exit apps. This signifies to the system that you are done with it and it will handle it in its own time.

    tappin and a talkin


    DroidForums Junkie!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

    If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  8. Rescue Squad
    spaz33g's Avatar
    Member #
    113637
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    orange county, ca
    Posts
    6,388
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, T-bolt, Droid 2
    #7
    Also you mitt try an alternate browser. I have good experience with dolphin hd and it has options to clear cache and history on exit.

    tappin and a talkin
  9. Junior Droid
    tacomaguy912's Avatar
    Member #
    150947
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    #8
    And whats all this im seeing about rooting phones and resetting abunch of stuff. Would any of this help? And how do i clean caches and cookies?
  10. What iDoesn't
    Droid DOES!!'s Avatar
    Member #
    77093
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,335
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #9
    We'll tackle rooting later. Cookies are cleared in settings when your browser is open. Cache (unless you want to buy a $1 app) is done in Settings > Applications > Manage Applications and clicking on your apps.

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomaguy912 View Post
    And whats all this im seeing about rooting phones and resetting abunch of stuff. Would any of this help? And how do i clean caches and cookies?


    DroidForums Junkie!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

    If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  11. Rescue Squad
    spaz33g's Avatar
    Member #
    113637
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    orange county, ca
    Posts
    6,388
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, T-bolt, Droid 2
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid DOES!! View Post
    We'll tackle rooting later. Cookies are cleared in settings when your browser is open. Cache (unless you want to buy a $1 app) is done in Settings > Applications > Manage Applications and clicking on your apps.

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomaguy912 View Post
    And whats all this im seeing about rooting phones and resetting abunch of stuff. Would any of this help? And how do i clean caches and cookies?


    DroidForums Junkie!!
    You can clear your browsers cache by hitting menu and then settings and scrolling down to clear cache.

    tappin and a talkin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. slow 3G
    By hmedme in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 03:55 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-24-2010, 10:32 AM
  3. extreme internet slow down
    By pockets in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-29-2010, 07:24 PM
  4. slow MMS
    By datguybk in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-25-2009, 12:12 PM

Search tags for this page

droid 2 global internet slow

,

droid 2 global slow internet

,
droid 2 global slow to connect to internet
,
droid 2 internet loading slow
,

droid 2 internet slow

,

droid 2 slow internet

,
droid global 2 internet going slow
,

droid incredible 2 internet slow

,

droid incredible 2 slow internet

,

droid internet slow

,
droid slow internet
,

incredible 2 slow internet

,
slow internet on droid 2
,
slow internet on droid incredible 2
,
why is my droid internet slow
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+