DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: No corporate sync in acct list

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

No corporate sync in acct list

Droid 2.2

Created a corporate sync account to connect with our exchange-type server. CS account fails to connect. I cannot get to the CS acct to modify/review its settings or even to delete the account.

When I navigate to the "my accounts" screen. Only my system backup, verizon, gmail accounts appear.

Any insight?

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    I had this bug too. Combed these forums and the internet at large for answers, nothing. I finally had to nuke the site from orbit (factory reset) to resolve it, and everything has worked perfectly since. Factory reset is a pain in the ass, especially if you have a bunch of customizations like me, but it's so far the only solution I know of to this bug.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Thumbs up Change your password

I had this same problem. I am changing jobs and needed to remove my old work email account. I changed the password on that account and my Droid could no longer connect. This allowed me to get to those account settings that I could not find before. At the bottom of the settings page is a button for removing account. Good Luck!
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Twitter
    tekops
    Phone
    Droid 3

Cool Removing account...

Quote Originally Posted by garzworld View Post
    I had this same problem. I am changing jobs and needed to remove my old work email account. I changed the password on that account and my Droid could no longer connect. This allowed me to get to those account settings that I could not find before. At the bottom of the settings page is a button for removing account. Good Luck!
    This worked great!

I created a corporate sync account on my Droid3 to an exchange server. Worked great, no problems except when I went to remove it there was no listing of the account in My Accounts or Settings->Accounts. Resetting the phone, etc., did not help. Called motorolla, tier 2 support. Clearing a bunch of caches, application databases, etc., NONE of it helped. Even put the phone in recovery mode and had it clear every cache, everywhere. No joy, cookie.

Changing the password at the server and then waiting for it to complain about authentication issues caused the "REMOVE ACCOUNT" button to appear at the bottom of the settings dialog and it worked to remove the account and the Device Administrator.

The app I have found that actually works the best for Exchange Accounts is MOXIER MAIL. The i/f is a little kludgy but it does not take over your phone and works great.

David

Links