Recently I ran into an issue with the Drioid 2 and syncing with my Exchange 2003 server. The D2 had been running for months without issue, however I noticed a few days ago that it would no longer sync on the every 15 minute schedule. I had to manually sync.
I checked the battery mode and all the account settings and all seemed OK. I even tried to removed and re-add the account, however after removing and re-adding I could not even sync anything. I got "connection error" however it would not say what the error was.
Getting nervous I downloaded Improved Email which synced my contacts, but still no email messages. I removed that account as well and re-added one or two times but it did not work.
I saw some tips that Airplane mode might be stuck or the PM might be a little screwed up so here is what I did.
After this my syncing started to work again. Seems like something just got stuck and this kicked it back in
- Make sure you have enough space on a home screen
- Add the Airplane Toggle Mode widget by pressing and holding on the home screen and choosing the Motorola widgets
- Add the Power Control widget by pressing and holding the home screen and choosing Android Widget (need 4 spaces for this one)
- Turn the Airplane mode on to disable phone and data
- Turn the Sync control off.
- Turn the Airplane mode off to re-enable phone and data
- Turn the Sync control back on.