DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Themes

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    airforcegeek
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by squidlymandingo View Post
    Right click go to 7zip open achive then drag to desktop when your done drag it back in.
    0_o I wish I could have known you could do that. This has been holding me back for days LOL. Also, downloading APK Manager 4.9 when I get home. It works for this kind of stuff...right?
    Also, should I be able to port themes easily this way.. by easily I mean, port their icon packs and other images used in the framework? Using another Droid 2 known working theme as a base?

I hate bugging you as I feel I've been kinda a bother with learning to dev. so I appologize now.. Once I get this theme I'm trying to create done. I will post a thread letting you know and also I will be looking for testers. Preferably ppl who are able to SBF their phone in worst case scenario. lol

Thanks for the help Squidly
    Last edited by pkbest; 12-13-2010 at 12:33 PM. Reason: wanted to add a thank you...
  2. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    If I didn't want to be bothered I wouldn't answer I don't mind the only time you will need apkmanager is to compile/decompile like changing xmls. If your only interested in changing images your not there yet.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    airforcegeek
    Phone
    Droid X
    If I didn't want to be bothered I wouldn't answer I don't mind the only time you will need apkmanager is to compile/decompile like changing xmls. If your only interested in changing images your not there yet.
    ah.. well I want to first create new images, then maybe learn to port themes. However, one thing I have never understood is why porting themes requires owning both phones. At least that is what I have read. Much appreciated squidly..
  4. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    You don't need to own both phones I only own a D2 that's why that's the only rom I have out I can't fix things without the ability to test porting is easy its just moving images for the most part then signing and zipaligning when necessary.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    airforcegeek
    Phone
    Droid X
    You don't need to own both phones I only own a D2 that's why that's the only rom I have out I can't fix things without the ability to test porting is easy its just moving images for the most part then signing and zipaligning when necessary.
    Cool.. well i might need help knowing when to zipalign "when necessary" lol I understand the reason behind zipalign, just not when as far as porting I guess.

Also, the new customized homeblur.apk is finished. Going to flash my phone and pray it works. If it does. I will take pictures and post a thread and see who's interested and take inputs on it.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Links