DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stock vs. MotoBLUR

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Not a motoblur fan, but i will say their corporate email and active sync programs are a little better than stock. For one, it allows you to sync "all" emails rather than just "one" month. Unfortunately, if you keep bluremail then you have to use blurcontacts and some other stuff.

The moto dialer for D2 is also not too bad. I think this can be used without blur, however.

I was using Fission 1.0 for awhile but went with Green 2.4.5 super clean va pro (with D2 email) instead just because of the email package.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by lintmail View Post
    Not a motoblur fan, but i will say their corporate email and active sync programs are a little better than stock. For one, it allows you to sync "all" emails rather than just "one" month. Unfortunately, if you keep bluremail then you have to use blurcontacts and some other stuff.

The moto dialer for D2 is also not too bad. I think this can be used without blur, however.

I was using Fission 1.0 for awhile but went with Green 2.4.5 super clean va pro (with D2 email) instead just because of the email package.
    I'm liking the Green 2.4.5. It's a LOT of what I want, but not quite everything. I don't have big problems with the Stock Droid 2, but it obviously has room for improvement. Namely bug fices :P I keep changing roms and missing the stock sticky notes Please leave this widget, it only means well, lol. Sticky notes apps in the market really aren't as good IMO. I do have problems with the stock D2 email, it's obviously not cutting it. But the stock SMS really does not bother me at all. Although currently my messages are coming in out of order, not sure what to attribute that too... I also kinda like the stock music app, the fact you can change volume, song, and play/pause WITHOUT unlocking the phone is a BIG plus IMO. Let's face it, you spend the most time LISTENING to your music, very little else matters. The music app and many other apps that are stock are integrated and FLOW well, with some of these things modified, moved, replaced, the phones starts to flow a little bit more uneven. That's my opinion, I want my phone to remain a tweaked Droid 2, not a Frankenstein Droid that is unorthodox.

My .02

In the end I guess I like motoblur for the most part.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    well for me.. i tried using for my first rom the epic 2.5 and really liked it.. i dont have any use for the blur stuff myself but wanted to try something else and went with fission... loving the vanilla rom..im currently using the fission final 1.0 along with the newly ported over nextheme and launch pro plus and loving my device.. exactlly how i want it ..fast, smooth and the lp plus gives me those sense like widgets that i loved on my htc eris... just my 2cents..
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    I'm running Fission 1.1 with NexTheme. Loving it. Wouldn't want it any other way.
    Last edited by anenigma; 10-25-2010 at 04:50 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links