DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (D2) (8/19)

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Actually????? o.O (please say fix for camera?!) Btw I've been using that miui Ics rom by beans.. the galnet rom for d2 if im correct is been running great.. i love it tho i wish 13th angels only had a camera like this one does. id flash it back on in a heart beat .. maybe yall could talk with him in helps of fixing the camera?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by T3viin View Post
    Actually????? o.O (please say fix for camera?!) Btw I've been using that miui Ics rom by beans.. the galnet rom for d2 if im correct is been running great.. i love it tho i wish 13th angels only had a camera like this one does. id flash it back on in a heart beat .. maybe yall could talk with him in helps of fixing the camera?
    I've been using it too, but battery life on that is pretty terrible too. It regularly drops on my from 78ish percent all the way down to 48. These ROMs are all great I just wish something could be done about the battery life.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Twitter
    havens1515
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
    It regularly drops on my from 78ish percent all the way down to 48.
    The random drop thing seems to be an issue with the Moto kernel. Every ROM I've used based on the OTA kernel has had that issue. But the CM9 ROMs by 13th definitely do have pretty bad battery life right now. It's not just due to those drops though, there's something else going on.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by havens1515 View Post
    The random drop thing seems to be an issue with the Moto kernel. Every ROM I've used based on the OTA kernel has had that issue. But the CM9 ROMs by 13th definitely do have pretty bad battery life right now. It's not just due to those drops though, there's something else going on.
    Yeah for sure, when I was using it dropped like a rock. I was charging the phone 2 to 3 times a day and thats just with some texting. Thing is FirstEncounters ROM, one of the ROMS they made the build from, had amazing battery life. Best I even had on the phone actually. So I don't exactly know what happened between the 2, but there has to be a way to find out what it was on his that was making it so good and fixing it in the current ROM.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Twitter
    havens1515
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
    Yeah for sure, when I was using it dropped like a rock. I was charging the phone 2 to 3 times a day and thats just with some texting. Thing is FirstEncounters ROM, one of the ROMS they made the build from, had amazing battery life. Best I even had on the phone actually. So I don't exactly know what happened between the 2, but there has to be a way to find out what it was on his that was making it so good and fixing it in the current ROM.
    This ROM is built from the CM source, not from anything else. They MAY have used some of FirstEncounter's work to get some of the device-specific stuff working (The keyboard, 3G, wifi, etc.) but for the most part it's straight CM9.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedumbrella View Post
    Actually...
    Its not usable since it is pretty much hit or miss (mainly miss). I'd rather say its not working because of the people that depend on a camera.

MIUI 2012.2.29
    -Brad
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by havens1515 View Post
    This ROM is built from the CM source, not from anything else. They MAY have used some of FirstEncounter's work to get some of the device-specific stuff working (The keyboard, 3G, wifi, etc.) but for the most part it's straight CM9.
    I see well that explains it. So there must be something with CM9 then. Still something in the ROM he used worked wonders on the battery, I wish I could figure out what it was.
    Last edited by loki993; 03-06-2012 at 09:01 AM.
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by brad92 View Post
    Its not usable since it is pretty much hit or miss (mainly miss). I'd rather say its not working because of the people that depend on a camera.

MIUI 2012.2.29
    Really? What are you talking about? I was referring to the source I saw for Defy that works on Droid 2
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    I'm assuming the D2 camera is basically the same as the X. For the X, the camera will take a picture when it wants to, but most of the time it won't. So that's why I say it basically doesn't work. Its not something you can rely on.

MIUI 2012.3.5
    -Brad
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by brad92 View Post
    I'm assuming the D2 camera is basically the same as the X. For the X, the camera will take a picture when it wants to, but most of the time it won't. So that's why I say it basically doesn't work. Its not something you can rely on.

MIUI 2012.3.5
    Oh, I thought you had information about the Droid 2. The camera on the Droid X may have the same resolution, but they are a bit different. You may want to compare Droid 2's camera to similar cameras, such as the Droid 1 and Defy.
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Links