DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Official D2 "Soak" here!! Reviews?

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 liberty and anything
    Quote Originally Posted by Zottig View Post
    Well the Droid2, the R2D2 and the Global certainly doesn't make it easy when investigating hacks either. I see lots of posts saying, don't use this on the R2D2 or don't use this if you have the global... etc.

I tend to want to keep to the official release unless there is a compelling reason to go with something else. With most of the unofficial releases there always seems to be something that's broken or some tradeoff. I get OS hacking and approve of the act, but I think customers need to demand more stable releases of the official ROM and hold handset makers accountable and if there is an issue, it gets a patch in a timely manner. Hacking really goes around the problem rather than confronting it.

I am for the soak test, and hope it pans out soon.

Ben
    Well, I can say I totally understand your point..For me, I am a little different though as I simply love the hacking and flashing..never would've thought in a million years I would enjoy anything "techy" lol but I guess age has changed me a little..its more of the act of flashing and checking out new ROMS and themes and tweaks that keep me going..lol but I am and do get to the idea you are saying....I too feel that they should have a solid update and quit patching and all, but I truly believe its also a lot to do with getting people excited about there device..keeping it fresh if you will, however a year is not fresh..lol..but if you were to get a good feel of cm7 and all its speed and in my case stability(my case as it differs of course) you might just get hooked just like a few to many of us members..lol
    By the way..as crazy as it is with wanting to constantly have an aosp Rom or even blur and aosp..its always fun to go back to check out the progress of its base...we have come a long way for sure..hope I didn't ramble too much bro but you get the idea....lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid2
    This thread is lame...... like let's trip on something that will come soon enough... I don't know why all the hype over complete doogie crud...?????
    Im going to be a daddy, due date is 6/10/12 for my baby GIRL
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Phone
    Lol @ lame..hey man! This thread was created by me actually to get info first hand on how the update is doing , therfore giving myself and others a timeline of when and or if the update will pass to ota for all...thanks for your opinion..it is however a Review..I got my answer from a couple of folks...but people ask other questions and get off topic as this happens I don't mind....

There are other threads that may interest you...lol I will make many more and answer many more...see you around the forums! No worries bro! Peace!:-)

4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSwaggeR View Post
    For making a thread and asking what I needed to do to test it. Then some moderator said that I was too late and I should be quicker to get on it next time. I replied back saying are you f*cking kidding me? Maybe you should tell whoever is in charge of releasing the test to stop being such a damn recluse and send out e-mails instead. Let people reply back, meaning they want in. Then they can pick out random people who replied back. Instead of having us play the guessing game and miss out on stuff like that!

Oh well..
    Damn!!! Lol I wish I would have seen this earlier...I missed it and now on my way to work...I understand dude! Sorry about all crap going on..we will all share it soon enough..I actually envision is as what we already had as gingerbreadleak with fixes and NOTHING more...I could be wrong..and I don't really care for speculation...but I guess I just did...lol Thanks for that post...sorry about the band..peace bro! :-)
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid2
    FWI go to system update in about phone and press it, im DLing the OTA "soak" right now and i didnt have to sign up for anything
    Im going to be a daddy, due date is 6/10/12 for my baby GIRL
  6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Centura
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishaholic View Post
    FWI go to system update in about phone and press it, im DLing the OTA "soak" right now and i didnt have to sign up for anything
    The OTA has been out for two days now.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    I would understand testing hacks between the D2 and the D2G, but isnt the R2D2 just a regular D2 with a bunch of extra star wars stuff?
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanBounca View Post
    The OTA has been out for two days now.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    Yeah I'm on day 2 and cm7 is awesome...guess I should close this thread? Lol I got the info I wanted from a couple people..Just wanted to know how well the soak was going to get an idea of if the update would come within a couple of days after or not..and as I was told no problems..I knew it would be within no more than a day or two..Sweet success...thanks all participated..and all that posted..:-)

9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusgamer View Post
    I would understand testing hacks between the D2 and the D2G, but isnt the R2D2 just a regular D2 with a bunch of extra star wars stuff?
    Yes! I know, as I personally a while back,(months ago) flashed the r2d2 sbf or tbh file and got the whole stars wars thing..I didn't like it at all... but, wallpapers...bootanimation and ringtones with a couple of clips from the movie if I remember correctly is all it was...but, there must be something different since people aren't on that device aren't getting it..I imagine the reason is.the just have to update the starwars to different wallpapers and media? Lol as the ginger colors don't match..lol edit: are on^ lol

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Links