I'm sure this has been brought up already, but I was wondering how likely it would be (if at all) that miui could be ported to the d2 if cyanogen was?
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
Let me add some tips that helped me.DROIDX and DROID2 Finally Receive MIUI Ports
On 07.22.11, In DROIDX, News, Root (unlock), by Kellex
MIUI by now, donít you? This would be one of the few ROMs that actually gives you a completely new user experience. We released the port of the new overhaul last week for the original DROID, but today, itís all about the DROIDX and DROID2. This has been one of those ROMs that wouldnít make its way onto either device because of its stingy bootloader. Well, thanks to our boy @cvpcs who figured out his 2nd-init magic for some CM7 goodness, we now have MIUI. Huge props to the MIUI team (Frameworks43) for getting this out to us.
Download: DROIDX | DROID2
1. Drop on .zip on SD card.
2. Boot into recovery and make a backup.
3. Wipe data/factory reset.
4. Load up MIUI.
Full support can be found at these two RootzWiki threads: DROIDX | DROID2
1) If you are on gingerbread sbf back to 2.3.20 (TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat)
2) root, and install cyanogen mod (CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution)
3) after installation of cyanogenmod DO NOT REINSTALL BOOTSTRAP RECOVERY you do not need it. reboot into recovery and install miui.
4) If you get a bunch of f/c upon loading up miui, reboot into recovery (stock recovery will work) and wipe data and cache.
5) Load up and enjoy
Note: Being miui is cyanogenmod based, you also will not need bootstrap recovery.
Also I highly recommend you get the teamblackhat app and download the sbf file that can be used as an update.zip ....$3 is not a lot of money at all. (http://shop.teamblackhat.info/)
Thanks Droidlife, rootwiki, cyonogenmod, cvpcs, framework43 and every one involved. If I forgot you pm me and Ill make the correction.