DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: D2 ROM Showdown

1. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Centura
    Premium Member

D2 ROM Showdown

It's about that time again! What's your favorite D2 ROM, and why?

My favorite ROM currently is CM7 due to having a decent Galaxy S theme, and it's currently supported very well.
  2. dankarlinski
    I have taken a recent liking to the new liquid rom. Build off of cyan, but better battery in my experiences. Liberty is def #2

Sent from my Liberated Droid2 (2.0.1)
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr
    I've been running Apex RC2 and really like it. Not a whole lot of customization built in like other roms, but it runs really fast and has good battery life - that's the whole idea of this rom. And you can customize it, just takes a little extra effort if you choose. The really good news is how stable it is as a release candidate - plus everything works - so looking forward to the final release!

- eD

Razr running Eclipse ICS 1.3

4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Centura
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEddie View Post
    I've been running Apex RC2 and really like it. Not a whole lot of customization built in like other roms, but it runs really fast and has good battery life - that's the whole idea of this rom. And you can customize it, just takes a little extra effort if you choose. The really good news is how stable it is as a release candidate - plus everything works - so looking forward to the final release!
    The problem I found with Apex is the lack of customization. There are virtually no themes available, and while it was fast, I'm willing to give up a little bit of speed to make the UI look good.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanBounca View Post
    The problem I found with Apex is the lack of customization. There are virtually no themes available, and while it was fast, I'm willing to give up a little bit of speed to make the UI look good.
    Yea I can understand that. I go through phases, and right now I just want a fast, reliable phone. I think once CM7 gets the bugs worked out I'll be back on the tinkering train. The tinkering train? That sounds wrong...lol.

- eD

Razr running Eclipse ICS 1.3

6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Centura
    Premium Member
    Yea I can understand that. I go through phases, and right now I just want a fast, reliable phone. I think once CM7 gets the bugs worked out I'll be back on the tinkering train. The tinkering train? That sounds wrong...lol.
    CM7 is very stable right now. It's still having trouble with battery life, but I'm able to get a full day out of it now, with data enabled.

I'm definitely loving having all the different ROM options for the D2, though. The last thing I want is for a developer to feel left out because their ROM isn't the chosen ROM. The only ROM I don't use is Liberty, but it has a huge userbase without me.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid2 of Shame!
    Cm7 is pretty stable but battery life isn't the best, but the theme chooser is just awesome. Plus, its wicked fast without overclocking.

We should see a miui rom and possibly a few more aosp roms. Still with the locked bootloader we are stuck with the moto froyo kernal.

CM7 is my fav. right now...I actually enjoy my d2 again.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    tb110895
    Phone
    Droid 2
    CM7 for now. Battery isn't the best but its worth it for all the little advantages. When Justice hits I'll try that, and when/if MIUI hits(I'm sure it will, just a matter of time), I'm switching to that. I love MIUI
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    duyna1018
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    agreed cm7 is the best one i have flashed, still issue with the battery life and also random reboots dont help
  10. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Centura
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duyna View Post
    agreed cm7 is the best one i have flashed, still issue with the battery life and also random reboots dont help
    TBH, you are the first person I've seen with a reboot issue on CM7. Did you do a clean install?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links