Phone hangs with any ROM
Has anybody else had this and found a solution? Or can offer some advice? I have installed most of the available D2 GB ROMs and the same thing happens each time. After the install the phone works great, but then a day or two in it slows horrible, hangs and will not respond. My only option so far has been to SBF back and stay at rooted stock. I have tried many ways to install
Factory data wipe/Cache wipe, Then with Dalvik wipe, and then with battery stats wipe. Launcher and no launcher. Replace my 32GB SD card with an 8GB and formatted. Nothing seems to help.
I am not overclocking it (unless the ROMs are by default). I have noticed that it gets pretty hot when restoring all the apps so I tried just restoring a few for a day or two but the same thing happens.
I've not had that issue at all. All the roms work great for me. I guess I just lucked out
Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9
Thank you for that. But it would be more helpful for some suggestions on how people have gotten it to work or if they have the same issue and solved it. I am talking right now about the standard GB leak. Although I have tried Zombie, Apex, Fission and Liberty with each one exhibiting the same issues.
The only thing I can think of, it that an app would be causing it to slow down. I would suggest uninstalling apps 1 by 1 and see if anything changes. It may take a while to find the app that's at fault, but idk what else would cause something like that.
Maybe start by looking for any apps that have problems with GB. (Unless you are having problems with Froyo ROMs too)
As mentioned, I would look into a certain app cause the issues. From a hardware standpoint, yours is the same as ours, and if we are not having the issues, it leaves only apps as being the culprit. Maybe looking purchasing Watchdog from market to monitor your apps to see if one is over-using CPU resources or memory overtime. Its possible that a app has a incompatiblity with Gingerbread and starts to suck down resources cause your issues. I have been under every GB rom minus ZS and have had no issue like this. Hope it helps!
Sent from my Droid 2 using DroidForums
Okay so here is an update. It seems to be working very well so far now. This is what I did.
SBFed back to stock.
Ran the Z4root, and installed clockwork.
Booted to Clockwork
Cleared system/Data 3 times
Cleared Cache 3 times
Cleared Dalvik 3 times.
Mounted both System and Data
Installed monster GB leak for D2.
Stopped the automatic install of all apps
Installed apps one by one.
This has been stable for a while. I also tried this with the new Liquid release and it worked fine with that as well. But I found the with Liquid some of the widgets that I rely on were not working well.