DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: CM7-Nightly5-2-Liberty/LGB/LGB Nightlies v0.9

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid R2D2

Wink CM7-Nightly5-2-Liberty/LGB/LGB Nightlies v0.9

Yes Hello Ptree here w/ a tutorial on how to jump from CM7-2-Liberty/Liberty GB/Liberty GB Nightlies!
    I am doing this cause I spent 4 Hrs, SBF'ing and figuring out what went wrong. These instructions worked for me, so I only know these work specifically for Droid R2D2.
    Step 1Recomend) SBF back to stock Froyo
    Download the 2.3.20 SBF file for the DX. [Here]
    Step 2: Find Z4 Root App and place on SD card pref. under Download.When u have SBF'd and activated phone, do not sign into Google keep going.Now open your App drawer and go to files app, select it and go to mnt/sdcard/download.Z4 should be there select it to install, it will prompt u to enable usb debugging , and outmarket source, and take u there, hit back button and when Z4 starts select permanent Root.It will root ur phone and reboot itself!
    Step 3:Select Market and sign in , when Market starts hit search and start w/ Busybox/D2Bootstrap/Liberty Toolbox/and whatever app ur using to make backups, Ie: Titanium,Root Tools, My Backup etc.Install all these apps and run each one to give superuser permisssion.I personally prefer to make my own backups that is why I suggest D2Boot, otherwise u can use Liberty Toolbox to install /nan backup rom.Select Lib Toolbox and rom manager , then dwnld and install Liberty 2.0.1 .U r now on Liberty.
    Step 4:Next step------
    Download: Monster_2.3.2_4.5.153_updater_Rooted.zip
    Install this zip on ur SD card. Not sure if u can access this zip from Toolbox ROM manager , so D2Bootstrap into Clockwork .u are going to now wipe/data and cashe.Then scroll down to install zip and select , then select apply zip from...Usually is at bottom of list either in open or under TBH(Teamblackhat)Select zip , then reboot, U should now be on Liberty G.B.
    Step 5: Dwnld Liberty Toolbox and go to ROM manager , then select Nightlies. v.09 should be latest , let it dwnld and wipe and install.Set up phone,
    U shold now be on Liberty GB Nightlies v0.9.
    From here u can dwnld from TBH App a zip to put on ur SD card , that when u flash will SBF u thru clockwork instead of all that RSD lite ****.

Hope this helps Some1 !

Ptree
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    @MVPanthersFan11
    Phone
    G-Nex
    I don't think you need to be on froyo liberty to install monster update. Also monster isn't liberty gb its motoblur. And the steps I followed I had to install the deodexed motoblur after monster and then install liberty gb. But I'm on D2 not R2D2 so the steps may be different...

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    @ROFLwaffle82
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Yeah this seems flawed to me. The monster file is definitely stock Gingerbread. Liberty has nothing to do with it.

Sent from my Droid 2 running Cyanogenmod 7
    Galaxy Nexus

Links