DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Switching from liberty 2.0.1 to GB. 8?

  1. Senior Droid
    TSXXX's Avatar
    Member #
    129357
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    114
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    GNex
    #1

    Switching from liberty 2.0.1 to GB. 8?

    I know this has probably been covered before but I can't seem to find the correct thread that explains it. I am just wanting to switch from my liberty froyo rom to liberty GB. Can someone please summarize the process for me, or point me to the right thread where it explains.

    Sent from my Liberated Droid 2
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid
    saul1991's Avatar
    Member #
    202798
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    30
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #2
    First: sbf using the link

    Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems

    Second: root using z4 root
    After that download the 2 zip files and place them in the root of you're sd card
    Sorry couldn't find the link for the 2 files

    Third: get into cw and flash the 2 zip files. First flash the first one then the second one with out leaving cw recovery.
    (Make sure you use d2 bootstrapped as dx bootstraper seems to have problems)

    And if you have done everything good you should be in rooted gb. You also have the option to flash the deodexed zip if you like.


    Edit: found the link Official DX Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.596) Release Thread - Something for everyone


    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    Last edited by saul1991; 06-23-2011 at 11:40 AM.
  4. Droid
    tnygigles66's Avatar
    Member #
    204203
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    77
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
  5. Senior Droid
    TSXXX's Avatar
    Member #
    129357
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    114
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    GNex
    #4
    So essentially, I just have to revert back to stock using sbf? I believe I already have the drivers and sbf on my laptop already.

    Sent from my Liberated Droid 2
  6. Droid
    saul1991's Avatar
    Member #
    202798
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    30
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by TSXXX View Post
    So essentially, I just have to revert back to stock using sbf? I believe I already have the drivers and sbf on my laptop already.

    Sent from my Liberated Droid 2
    Yeah and just follow the other link, and make sure you follow the second patch to gb and you'll also need to flash deodexed version after your in rooted gb. After you have flashed all the files do a back up and search for the liberty gb v0.8 rom and flash it in cw using d2 bootstrapper.

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  7. Droid
    tnygigles66's Avatar
    Member #
    204203
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    77
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #6
    if you follow my link all you need to do is flash the single monster GB leak file, then flash to the nightly. If you're on Liberty froyo there is no need to sbf. you only need to sbf from GB to froyo.
  8. Droid
    tnygigles66's Avatar
    Member #
    204203
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    77
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #7
    You're teaching him how to get to gingerbread on the Droid X. Was that your intention?

    Quote Originally Posted by saul1991 View Post
    First: sbf using the link

    Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems

    Second: root using z4 root
    After that download the 2 zip files and place them in the root of you're sd card
    Sorry couldn't find the link for the 2 files

    Third: get into cw and flash the 2 zip files. First flash the first one then the second one with out leaving cw recovery.
    (Make sure you use d2 bootstrapped as dx bootstraper seems to have problems)

    And if you have done everything good you should be in rooted gb. You also have the option to flash the deodexed zip if you like.


    Edit: found the link Official DX Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.596) Release Thread - Something for everyone


    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    Quote Originally Posted by saul1991 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TSXXX View Post
    So essentially, I just have to revert back to stock using sbf? I believe I already have the drivers and sbf on my laptop already.

    Sent from my Liberated Droid 2
    Yeah and just follow the other link, and make sure you follow the second patch to gb and you'll also need to flash deodexed version after your in rooted gb. After you have flashed all the files do a back up and search for the liberty gb v0.8 rom and flash it in cw using d2 bootstrapper.

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  9. Droid
    saul1991's Avatar
    Member #
    202798
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    30
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by tnygigles66 View Post
    You're teaching him how to get to gingerbread on the Droid X. Was that your intention?

    Quote Originally Posted by saul1991 View Post
    First: sbf using the link

    Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems

    Second: root using z4 root
    After that download the 2 zip files and place them in the root of you're sd card
    Sorry couldn't find the link for the 2 files

    Third: get into cw and flash the 2 zip files. First flash the first one then the second one with out leaving cw recovery.
    (Make sure you use d2 bootstrapped as dx bootstraper seems to have problems)

    And if you have done everything good you should be in rooted gb. You also have the option to flash the deodexed zip if you like.


    Edit: found the link Official DX Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.596) Release Thread - Something for everyone


    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    Quote Originally Posted by saul1991 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TSXXX View Post
    So essentially, I just have to revert back to stock using sbf? I believe I already have the drivers and sbf on my laptop already.

    Sent from my Liberated Droid 2
    Yeah and just follow the other link, and make sure you follow the second patch to gb and you'll also need to flash deodexed version after your in rooted gb. After you have flashed all the files do a back up and search for the liberty gb v0.8 rom and flash it in cw using d2 bootstrapper.

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    His on liberty froyo trying to get to liberty gb im assuming he doesn't have the liberty toolbox donate

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  10. Droid
    tnygigles66's Avatar
    Member #
    204203
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    77
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by saul1991 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tnygigles66 View Post
    You're teaching him how to get to gingerbread on the Droid X. Was that your intention?

    Quote Originally Posted by saul1991 View Post
    First: sbf using the link

    Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems

    Second: root using z4 root
    After that download the 2 zip files and place them in the root of you're sd card
    Sorry couldn't find the link for the 2 files

    Third: get into cw and flash the 2 zip files. First flash the first one then the second one with out leaving cw recovery.
    (Make sure you use d2 bootstrapped as dx bootstraper seems to have problems)

    And if you have done everything good you should be in rooted gb. You also have the option to flash the deodexed zip if you like.


    Edit: found the link Official DX Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.596) Release Thread - Something for everyone


    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    Quote Originally Posted by saul1991 View Post

    Yeah and just follow the other link, and make sure you follow the second patch to gb and you'll also need to flash deodexed version after your in rooted gb. After you have flashed all the files do a back up and search for the liberty gb v0.8 rom and flash it in cw using d2 bootstrapper.

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    His on liberty froyo trying to get to liberty gb im assuming he doesn't have the liberty toolbox donate

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    You don't need the donate toolbox, V8 is in the sticky section of the liberty forum section........
  11. Master Droid
    DroidXDoes4G's Avatar
    Member #
    199139
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    952
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DROOOOID 3
    #10
    Don't you just need to instal LGB v.1 then go to v.8?
    Or install that Monster GB leak.zip?

    There really are several options for almost any ROM that have no need to SBF.
    HTC Incredible>Droid2>DroidX>HTC Thunderbolt>Back to Droid X>Droid 3>Prime?

    Sent from either my Droid 3 using DroidForums or my laptop using Chrome.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 10:20 PM
  2. How many are switching from GB to Liberty 2.0?
    By Jaxidian in forum Liberty ROM DX
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 04-03-2011, 11:07 PM
  3. how many are switching to GB from Liberty?
    By crypto in forum Liberty ROM DX
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-30-2011, 09:59 AM
  4. Battery life since switching to Liberty 1.5
    By bassplyr4001 in forum Liberty ROM DX
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-21-2011, 04:22 PM
  5. Thinking of switching to Liberty
    By troutbeck27 in forum Liberty ROM D2
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-03-2011, 01:51 PM

Search tags for this page

a957 droid 2 roms

,

android 2.3.3 sbf a957

,
change liberty gb .8 keyboard
,

droid 2 liberty 2.0 to gb

,
droid x liberty 2.0.1 sbf version
,

how to upgrade from liberty 2.01 to liberty gb v.08

,
liberty .08 to 2.01
,

liberty 2.0.1 to gb

,

liberty 2.0.1 to liberty gb

,

monster rooted liberty v.08

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+