DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: diff d2g roms..whats the point...

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Angellic Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by Masamichi7 View Post
    This may be slightly off topic, but I don't get why the D2 and DX roms all have transparent pulldown bar abilities, and the true AOSP unlock slider, and the D2G can't. It would be nice to see an actual full ROM that adds to the phone, rather than just be 'dieted' and reduce Blur framework and battery usage.
    Personally, AngelRom seems to be the fastest and most stable, but there's a long way to go before being a full ROM. Idk, maybe that's more a rant than anything

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
    Angelrom is still beta, and its the first truely stable rom I've ran on my d2g. Yes liberty is great, but not fully functional on the d2g. In time I know we will see the full customization options we want, and between metamorph, fission themes, and add ons from frm and liberty toolbox, pretty much everything can still be changed, except the pulldown text.

my ANGEL blacked out
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid2 Global
    Dev's do not have access to the kernel of the d2g. Until then we will always have so called "diet roms". Also until gb is released no one wants to spend time on a project that will be scraped. Fenom is best so far IMO if it gets an update like the dev says it will be awesome. Something to look foward to until gb is leaked/released.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    skynyrd420
    Phone
    d2g, thunderbolt, xoom
    Ill probly be dead before gb is released....if not, ill for sure have a new phone by then...my d2g has been giving me nothin but problems as of recent
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisl20 View Post
    Ill probly be dead before gb is released....if not, ill for sure have a new phone by then...my d2g has been giving me nothin but problems as of recent
    I'm fairly certain that GB will be out this summer for the D2, DX, DX2, and D2G. Yes it is speculation, but I suspect the Bionic will be released with GB and it is due out this summer, giving an opportuniy to update other phones.

Besides, it has already been proven they are working on it for a least three of those phones (X2 hasn't been out long enough for a leak).

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid2 Global
    99.9% of the time be it game system, handheld, laptop, cell phone or whatever it is always user error. The other .1% its bad hardware, lol.

6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by satoru View Post
    99.9% of the time be it game system, handheld, laptop, cell phone or whatever it is always user error. The other .1% its bad hardware, lol.

Actually on these phones I would say 50% of the time the problem is software and of that 50% I would say that 50% of that is bad settings stored in the google acct.

7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by gsdreams View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by satoru View Post

Actually on these phones I would say 50% of the time the problem is software and of that 50% I would say that 50% of that is bad settings stored in the google acct.

Not sure about that I have yet to have even one slight problem with anything on this phone. I have flash every rom except liberty. Fenom is best as of now, imo, to each his own tho. In my life from what I see not on just smart phones but in everything its always user error if not just damaged hardware, biological as well lol.

8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    skynyrd420
    Phone
    d2g, thunderbolt, xoom
    @satoru...yah, so all of the ppl in these forums that have had the same problems as me..shaky screen, no volume on earpiece(when its up all the way volume wize) and no sound from speaker..allllll of us r just re-re's that somehow messed our phones up so it has errors on stock setup, but...as soon as u put fission or another rom, the problems r alleviated...yah...definitely user error
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2 global
    So neone knw how soon us d2g users are goin to get the ginger bread update? Or leak I should say lol. And if its out aleardy where can we get itand how can we get our hands on it and will we need a pc to "install" it to the phone?
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    D2G CM7, Tbolt bamfed out!
    @satoru...yah, so all of the ppl in these forums that have had the same problems as me..shaky screen, no volume on earpiece(when its up all the way volume wize) and no sound from speaker..allllll of us r just re-re's that somehow messed our phones up so it has errors on stock setup, but...as soon as u put fission or another rom, the problems r alleviated...yah...definitely user error
    hahaha .. re-re's... LOL
    "Of all the things I've lost... I miss my mind the most!" ~Ozzy Osbourne~

THIS FORUM HAS NOW BEEN DUNDERSTRUCK!!!

D2G: CM7 GB and sittin on the shelf for now.
    Tbolt: BAMF remix 1.8.6 themed by zhpilot ..

Feeling generous... buy me a beer! https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links