DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Fenom and AngelROM issues?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID2 Global (A956W)

Fenom and AngelROM issues?

I can't be the only one with this problem: On both Fenom 0.9.3 and AngelROM 0.5, I can typically flash the firmwares with no problem. After installing them and keeping the ROMs running for a while, eventually my phone does 3 things that are severely troubling:

a) The Home and Search keys become unusable (they vibrate, but do not function)
    b) When I hold my Power button and bring up that menu, the only option available is Power Off, as opposed to having Airplane mode and Silent mode as well.
    c) Whenever I have the phone sleep (either through screen timeout or pressing the power button) and wake it back up, it goes straight to my home screen. No "slide to unlock", no pin/password/pattern, nothing.

I had been running Fission for a good while, and if these issues persist, I'll have to return to Fission. All of these are very troubling issues, and I never had this problem with Fission at all, even with the same apps, same setup, etc. Anyone have some insight into this?
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Angellic Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by patz2009 View Post
    I can't be the only one with this problem: On both Fenom 0.9.3 and AngelROM 0.5, I can typically flash the firmwares with no problem. After installing them and keeping the ROMs running for a while, eventually my phone does 3 things that are severely troubling:

b) When I hold my Power button and bring up that menu, the only option available is Power Off, as opposed to having Airplane mode and Silent mode as well.
    c) Whenever I have the phone sleep (either through screen timeout or pressing the power button) and wake it back up, it goes straight to my home screen. No "slide to unlock", no pin/password/pattern, nothing.

I had been running Fission for a good while, and if these issues persist, I'll have to return to Fission. All of these are very troubling issues, and I never had this problem with Fission at all, even with the same apps, same setup, etc. Anyone have some insight into this?
    I haven't had any of those issues with fenom or angelrom. Did you flash from stock or over fission? I sbf'd to stock, updated, and created a stock nandroid to go back to before I flash any new rom. I am sold on angelrom, no problems at all.

sent from my ANGELLIC D2G
  3. The GRD Dev Team
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Twitter
    THEGRDDEVTEAM
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D Virgin Mobile
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    No issues at all I did the same above shred an updated I.have run both fenuxx an.angel roms fine very well currently working on my own version so just right now running full stock with root

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
    WoZzY
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    X13thAngelX
    Phone
    DX/D2G
    Odd, havent had any of those. I used to have a and c with liberty and a restart cleared it up. Did you try wipe data/cache when you flashed?
    CM9 builds for D2G, D2, and DX
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Phone
    Bionic, Gnex, N7, RMHD, G2
    Quote Originally Posted by patz2009 View Post

it says on the left there "droid 2" not global. i dont know if that is why your having problems.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID2 Global (A956W)
    It's a Droid 2 Global, definitely.

And as far as the rom installation goes, what I did: clear data/cache, install ROM, restore apps using AppBrain and syncing apps. Using Titanium Backup to restore data from a couple apps. I've done the same with Fission with no problems, so this is the only reason I look at the ROMs.
    Member #
    Phone
    D2G-GBr
    I have bit of a problem now that I have flashed Angel. My p.c. does not register my phone in p.c. mode. Mass storage, no problem. But in p.c. mode I get not folders and even worse RSD does not acknolwedge a connection. Two hours prior to Angel I had no issues sbf'n. Now i am thoroughly fuqqed. Any suggestions other than removing and restoring my drivers for that served nothing.
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    X13thAngelX
    Phone
    DX/D2G
    Quote Originally Posted by toysturnaseraphim View Post
    I have bit of a problem now that I have flashed Angel. My p.c. does not register my phone in p.c. mode. Mass storage, no problem. But in p.c. mode I get not folders and even worse RSD does not acknolwedge a connection. Two hours prior to Angel I had no issues sbf'n. Now i am thoroughly fuqqed. Any suggestions other than removing and restoring my drivers for that served nothing.
    Try uninstalling rsd and the drivers then reinstalling. It shows up on mine, not sure why it wouldnt on yours. If you still cant then just boot into the bootloader manually (hold up arrow while powering on).
    CM9 builds for D2G, D2, and DX
    Member #
    Phone
    D2G-GBr
    Thanks for the speedy reply. And I apologize, it seems my problems lie with my p.c.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by toysturnaseraphim View Post
    First off I dont recall PC Mode ever giving me access to my SD card as if it were a USB device.

Secondly, as for your RSD issue before you uninstall, if I am not to late, try bringing up a command prompt in windows(tpye CMD in the search box in the vista/7 start menu, or start->run on XP) and type adv devices and see if it sees your phone. No? Then proceed..now type adb kill-server and adb start-server right after that. Now type adb start-server. Now type adb devices and see if your phone is listed. If not then you do have PC problems
    How to SBF your D2G in Windows!
    How to SBF your D2G in Linux!

Retired Devices:Last Used Rom
    Motorola Backflip : Cyanogenmod 7
    Droid 2 Global : AOKP Build 39
    Current Device:Current Roms
    Droid Razr Maxx HD : Fuzion

I do NOT offer help through PM. Sorry!

Links