DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: roms and themes question

  1. Droid
    volsfan1965's Avatar
    Member #
    168411
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    62
    Phone
    droid 2 global
    #1

    Question roms and themes question

    can I install any of the themes that will work on the D2G when I am running stock rom or do I have to run a different rom and then change to a theme for that rom. thanks in advance for any help
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    clouse2013's Avatar
    Member #
    174786
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    396
    Twitter
    csclouse
    Phone
    Droid1, Droid X, Droid2 Global
    #2
    I'm pretty sure you have to use a custom rom and a theme specifically for it. Im not 100% sure but I think that's how it works.

    Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App
  4. Droid Ninja
    Droid Firefighter's Avatar
    Member #
    130981
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet) ;-)
    Posts
    1,622
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD
    #3
    Clouse is right. Each theme is created for each specific ROM due to the programming. Some developers do themes and port them to multiple ROMS. You have to find a ROM you like then look for the themes then add them. Then you get to try others. Its what has kept my D1 so new to me for two years now. Good luck and have fun!

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  5. Senior Droid
    sid_wisc's Avatar
    Member #
    113243
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    199
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by clouse2013 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you have to use a custom rom and a theme specifically for it. Im not 100% sure but I think that's how it works.

    Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid Firefighter View Post
    Clouse is right. Each theme is created for each specific ROM due to the programming. Some developers do themes and port them to multiple ROMS. You have to find a ROM you like then look for the themes then add them. Then you get to try others. Its what has kept my D1 so new to me for two years now. Good luck and have fun!

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    ^^^+1... With the themes available for individual custom ROMs, DO NOT even try to use a theme on the stock ROM, I am not sure but it might soft brick your device... I tried using the liberty theme on Fission and I had so many problems with it... If you like to theme and still want to keep stock you can try to use ADW launcher and then there are so many themes for the ADW which will help you have a different phone whenever you want to make a change... That is what I am doing at this time to change things on my phone!!!!
    Liberated Droid 2 Global

    Running Liberty 2.0.1 (Thanks to GRD team for the Romer; Kickasz23 for the work around & 13th angel for all the help) themed by
    Infinite Cha0s by es0tericcha0s
  6. Droid
    volsfan1965's Avatar
    Member #
    168411
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    62
    Phone
    droid 2 global
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by sid_wisc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clouse2013 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you have to use a custom rom and a theme specifically for it. Im not 100% sure but I think that's how it works.

    Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid Firefighter View Post
    Clouse is right. Each theme is created for each specific ROM due to the programming. Some developers do themes and port them to multiple ROMS. You have to find a ROM you like then look for the themes then add them. Then you get to try others. Its what has kept my D1 so new to me for two years now. Good luck and have fun!

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    ^^^+1... With the themes available for individual custom ROMs, DO NOT even try to use a theme on the stock ROM, I am not sure but it might soft brick your device... I tried using the liberty theme on Fission and I had so many problems with it... If you like to theme and still want to keep stock you can try to use ADW launcher and then there are so many themes for the ADW which will help you have a different phone whenever you want to make a change... That is what I am doing at this time to change things on my phone!!!!
    sid_wisc do you have any problems with your contacts when you installed fission rom? If so how did you fix it? I tried to put it on my D2G and my contacts were really screwed up.
  7. Senior Droid
    sid_wisc's Avatar
    Member #
    113243
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    199
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    #6
    sid_wisc do you have any problems with your contacts when you installed fission rom? If so how did you fix it? I tried to put it on my D2G and my contacts were really screwed up.[/QUOTE]

    I did have the issue with the contacts which was like having all the facebook and google contacts in there. e.g. instead of having 100 contacts I ended up with like 200+ contacts. I was not able to fix it even after looking through different posts in the forum and ultimately ended up bringing back everything to stock. Currently i am flashing the stock and everything appears to be fine....

    Edit: Signature is misleading, will change it in a few days, just a little busy these days...
    Last edited by sid_wisc; 03-29-2011 at 02:02 PM.
    Liberated Droid 2 Global

    Running Liberty 2.0.1 (Thanks to GRD team for the Romer; Kickasz23 for the work around & 13th angel for all the help) themed by
    Infinite Cha0s by es0tericcha0s

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Would you pay for Roms/Themes?
    By Sudo_ in forum Droid X Roms
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-24-2011, 04:12 PM
  2. Themes and roms
    By dannymarz in forum Android Themes
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-22-2010, 11:19 AM
  3. can 2.2.20 themes go on 2.3.20 roms
    By txter in forum Android Themes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-21-2010, 02:14 PM
  4. Quick question about Roms, Themes, and extras...
    By Turbo_lag in forum Droid X Hacks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-10-2010, 10:43 AM
  5. question about roms and themes
    By tat2junior in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2010, 08:21 AM

Search tags for this page

droid 2 global roms themes

,

droid themes and roms

,

firefighter rom for droid 2

,

firefighter themes droid

,

fireman droid 2 global cover

,

roms and themes for droid 2011

,

themes for droid 2 global

,

themes on droid 2 global

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+