DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Droid Utilities

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart View Post
    RecruiterGuy,

Take a look at "Lookout" its on the market. Backs up calls, pics, contacts, locates your phone if it is lost or stolen. Its free!

my phone was freezing while listening to music and i took it to the verizon store and they said that lookout is just an app that collects info about what u download in the marketplace and what you do on the phone and that the reason my phone was freezing was because it was "thinking everything that i did was an issue that needed to be protected against." and i quote the verizon tech on that, when in fact all i was doing was trying to listen to my music.. so he deleted the lookout off of my phone and i haven't had that problem since or any other problems.. just thought i would mention that lookout causes more problems than it "protects" against and needless to say i was very angry at the person who suggested i put that program on my phone as i don't know if it caused any damages to my phone when it froze. all i know is that i would not recommend lookout to ANYONE
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    A955
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmiss87 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart View Post
    RecruiterGuy,

Take a look at "Lookout" its on the market. Backs up calls, pics, contacts, locates your phone if it is lost or stolen. Its free!

my phone was freezing while listening to music and i took it to the verizon store and they said that lookout is just an app that collects info about what u download in the marketplace and what you do on the phone and that the reason my phone was freezing was because it was "thinking everything that i did was an issue that needed to be protected against." and i quote the verizon tech on that, when in fact all i was doing was trying to listen to my music.. so he deleted the lookout off of my phone and i haven't had that problem since or any other problems.. just thought i would mention that lookout causes more problems than it "protects" against and needless to say i was very angry at the person who suggested i put that program on my phone as i don't know if it caused any damages to my phone when it froze. all i know is that i would not recommend lookout to ANYONE
    Apps have issues and get updated.

Lookout has no issues on my phone.
    However, I only use the Virus-Scanner.

You could probably have disabled that feature and kept it. Or uninstall/reinstall. It might also have been conflicting with another application. Who knows. There are plenty of apps like it though so not a huge loss.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links