DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Droid 2 restarts itself after powreing down

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Thanks for the instuctions.
    I received an OTA update to Gingerbread 2.3.4 yesterday. The few times I have tried powering down since then have been successful. Maybe this update resolves the restart problem? Will update here once I have more data.

Quote Originally Posted by doublejack View Post
    First, you're welcome for the info! I'm always happy to assist someone.

As far as rooting the Droid 2 and installing CM7 on it, for me it was easy. You're probably running a gingerbread based (2.3.x) version of android, so the the steps you need to follow are:

1. Gain root access.
    2. Apply a bootstrap
    3. Flash CM7

Step 1 can now be done even if you're running gingerbread, and since CM7 has gone to a gingerbread kernel base the whole process should be easier than when I did it. I can find some links if you want me to that go into detail about the specific steps.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    @Squeak513
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Verizon just released an OTA update for the Droid 2 to fix the "auto on" problem as it is known. I just downloaded it, the update is to 2.3.4
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeak87 View Post
    Verizon just released an OTA update for the Droid 2 to fix the "auto on" problem as it is known. I just downloaded it, the update is to 2.3.4
    Yes. Just received the OTA update to 2.3.4 on morning of 4/16. According to what I read online this is intended to fix the problem. Very happy Google decided to fix this issue. It's gone on too long...
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    @Squeak513
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Everything seems to be working smoothly so far, no issues with my D2 rebooting itself. My camera would not work for a few hours but I do not know if that was related to the update or my phone being old.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeak87 View Post
    Everything seems to be working smoothly so far, no issues with my D2 rebooting itself. My camera would not work for a few hours but I do not know if that was related to the update or my phone being old.
    For me too. No more auto reboots, no other issues. Camera works fine. Glad to see this issue resolved. Thanks to all for helpful comments, and to Verizon for putting out the update.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2

Droid 2 is back to restarting itself after 2.3.4 update

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1068 View Post
    Yes. Just received the OTA update to 2.3.4 on morning of 4/16. According to what I read online this is intended to fix the problem. Very happy Google decided to fix this issue. It's gone on too long...
    As discussed earlier in this thread, the recent OTA update to GB 2.3.4 seemed to fix the restart after power down problem. It worked fine since then until the past couple of weeks. Now my D2 is back to randomly restarting itself after power down, and it's draining battery overnight from 90% down to 40%. Anyone else who downloaded 2.3.4 experiencing restarts?
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by eliotb View Post
    As discussed earlier in this thread, the recent OTA update to GB 2.3.4 seemed to fix the restart after power down problem. It worked fine since then until the past couple of weeks. Now my D2 is back to randomly restarting itself after power down, and it's draining battery overnight from 90% down to 40%. Anyone else who downloaded 2.3.4 experiencing restarts?
    Eliotb: I have not had this happen with my Droid 2 since the update I received on 4/16. Have you tried to clear your phone cache? Don't know if that will help, but my phone was a little sluggish after the update. Cleared the cache and have been fine since. I'm sure you must be upset your phone is doing this again since that particular update was intentionally suposed to fix that problem. However, it doesn't really surprise me after all the previous & current (Wi-Fi still cuts out on mine) issues we've had. I don't know about you, but these issues make me a bit skeptical about signing up to another 2 year commitment with another Android/Motorola phone. I probably will though with all the good reviews on the Droid Razr Maxx. I'm hoping that phone will exceed my expectations for reliability & qualtiy. Hope you get your issue resolved somehow....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links