DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Droid 2 data usage

  1. Junior Droid
    check423's Avatar
    Member #
    198226
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    16
    Phone
    droid 2
    #1

    Droid 2 data usage

    I just received a letter from verizon stating that I used over the 5g limit 2 months in a row . They said that my speeds will be decreased because of this. Im rooted and running the gb leak. I use wifi at home and work. Any ideas of how im using so much data?

    Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid
    dnyor93's Avatar
    Member #
    133328
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    61
    Phone
    Driod 2 Global
    #2
    Thought their data packages were unlimited? .. wtf? its not At&t .. and when you're not at home you probably have background apps running that require the 3G
    Droid 2 / 1.42 Ghz
  4. Senior Droid
    Khiraji's Avatar
    Member #
    139732
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    195
    Phone
    Droid 4
    #3
    IIRC, VZW's "unlimited" data plan has always been soft-capped at around 5GB.

    Furthermore, that's a lot of data to pull through a phone. My guess is you have several apps running constantly in the background that are constantly sucking bandwidth. The paid version of 3G Watchdog (apparently) does per-app data usage monitoring, but there are probably free options out there as well.
    I am the Droid Pirate Roberts.
  5. Master Droid
    kingsway8605's Avatar
    Member #
    79936
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    478
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiraji View Post
    IIRC, VZW's "unlimited" data plan has always been soft-capped at around 5GB.

    Furthermore, that's a lot of data to pull through a phone. My guess is you have several apps running constantly in the background that are constantly sucking bandwidth. The paid version of 3G Watchdog (apparently) does per-app data usage monitoring, but there are probably free options out there as well.
    As someone who routinely used more than 8gbs of data, this is false.

    Sent from my Droid Bionic
  6. Senior Droid
    Khiraji's Avatar
    Member #
    139732
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    195
    Phone
    Droid 4
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsway8605 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiraji View Post
    IIRC, VZW's "unlimited" data plan has always been soft-capped at around 5GB.

    Furthermore, that's a lot of data to pull through a phone. My guess is you have several apps running constantly in the background that are constantly sucking bandwidth. The paid version of 3G Watchdog (apparently) does per-app data usage monitoring, but there are probably free options out there as well.
    As someone who routinely used more than 8gbs of data, this is false.

    Sent from my Droid Bionic
    8GB? Dang, false indeed. I guess I'm used to being surrounded by WiFi so I never run up my 3G numbers too much...
    I am the Droid Pirate Roberts.
  7. Master Droid
    kingsway8605's Avatar
    Member #
    79936
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    478
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiraji View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsway8605 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiraji View Post
    IIRC, VZW's "unlimited" data plan has always been soft-capped at around 5GB.

    Furthermore, that's a lot of data to pull through a phone. My guess is you have several apps running constantly in the background that are constantly sucking bandwidth. The paid version of 3G Watchdog (apparently) does per-app data usage monitoring, but there are probably free options out there as well.
    As someone who routinely used more than 8gbs of data, this is false.

    Sent from my Droid Bionic
    8GB? Dang, false indeed. I guess I'm used to being surrounded by WiFi so I never run up my 3G numbers too much...
    I don't tether either. All through the phone. If verizon sent me a letter like that I would be cancelling my contract that day and switching to Sprint.

    Sent from my Droid Bionic
  8. Junior Droid
    check423's Avatar
    Member #
    198226
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    16
    Phone
    droid 2
    #7
    The only hi data app I used in those 2 months was netflix. My bill just ended this month and I used 2 gigs so maybe they will stay off my back.

    Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  9. Junior Droid
    inlarry's Avatar
    Member #
    225650
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    droid 2 global
    #8
    Do you have the old unlimited package, or the new limited package? I've routinely used 20GB per month with no issue...through my laptop and tethering to watch tv/movies at work. They've never given me issues, unless this is something new resulting from their redoing their data packages, or they *think* you're tethering and not paying for it (like me, shh).

    Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. How do you turn off data usage droid x
    By Wallydvr in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-17-2011, 03:50 PM
  2. How to block data usage on Droid X?
    By jmontf in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-19-2011, 01:22 PM
  3. checking data usage on the Droid Pro
    By tkjones in forum Motorola Droid Pro
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 01:27 AM
  4. unlimited data usage on droid
    By rfriel in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-11-2010, 02:47 PM
  5. What was your data usage like last month on your Droid?
    By r314bd in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 03:47 PM

Search tags for this page

check data usage droid 2
,
data use app for verizon droid x2
,
droid 2 using data
,

droid incredible 2 data usage

,

droid x2 data usage

,
how do i find data usage on my droid 2
,

how to check data usage on droid 2

,

how to check data usage on droid incredible 2

,

how to check data usage on droid x2

,
incredible 2 using too much data
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+