DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BlackBerry style holster for Droid 2?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2

BlackBerry style holster for Droid 2?

Does anyone have any recommendations for a BB-style holster that will accept a Droid 2?

I noticed the dimensions of the iPhone 3GS / 4 are close enough to the Droid 2 that many of their holsters should fit.

I don't intend to use any type of case on the Droid 2, I just need a BB-style magnetic flap holster that clips onto my belt. I have to crawl around machinery sometimes and the Seidio cases look like a glutton for punishment.

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    you dont want to use a case with a magnet in it, it will activate either the car or home dock profiles. i have a great case made for the htc 8125 with velcro closure that fits just perfect but most days just use the D1 plastic snap-in holster
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    What happens if I lock the Droid 2 and use the magnetic case? Would it still activate the dock / car mode?

So any case that was designed for Droid 1 will work on a Droid 2?
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    even if you lock it the magnet would activate the dock modes from what i have seen happen with mine, not all D1 cases fit but a vast majority will
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Did you try DockBlocker or Dock Nothingness? They appear to disable the docking feature. I don't use a dock, and I intend to use a universal car mount. The local Verizon store didn't have any docks for the Droid 2 either.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    You're right about the magnets. I tried a BB case and the magnet kept activating dock mode.

I ended up getting the Superior holster / case combo for the D2 (sold at the Verizon store). It ended up being $23 and change after tax with my GOV discount. I see that it is $20 shipped online.

I noticed that there were special "side" holsters with dual magnets that did not trip the Droid 2, and there was a Verizon "leather" velcro holster as well.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Verizon now has a hard shell case back that the D2 just snaps into--face forward so there is no extended battery clearance issue--saw an APD chopper pilot had on on his 'rig' so I got one and works great
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    They showed it to me at the store. It is like a Seidio style case, but it leaves the back of the Droid 2 exposed. The top clip also looks pretty weak though. The one I ended up buying was a 3 piece setup: 2 of them are covers that clip onto the Droid 2 that gives it a shell, and the holster that clips onto the belt and retains the Droid 2 + shell (sort of like a retention holster for a pistol).

My #1 choice for a case would be a BlackBerry style - easy to clip onto my belt and protects the phone, but the magnet issue prevents that.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    They showed it to me at the store. It is like a Seidio style case, but it leaves the back of the Droid 2 exposed. The top clip also looks pretty weak though. The one I ended up buying was a 3 piece setup: 2 of them are covers that clip onto the Droid 2 that gives it a shell, and the holster that clips onto the belt and retains the Droid 2 + shell (sort of like a retention holster for a pistol).

My #1 choice for a case would be a BlackBerry style - easy to clip onto my belt and protects the phone, but the magnet issue prevents that.
    I looked at the one you ended up buying. It's definitely the most protective, but I didn't think I'd be able to get my phone out as fast as I want regularly (constantly getting text, e-mail, and the odd call here and there for work). I ended up getting the Body Glove case that detaches from the clip.
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    I agree, it isn't really a quick draw case. The body glove system does look a lot better, they didn't have that at the store for some reason.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links