DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do Screen Protectors Affect Touch Screen Sensativity?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    +1 for SGP. I have used them all and found this to be the best.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    3 votes for Invisible Shield. or you might also want to try the Skinomi Techskin Carbon Fiber.
    Droid Droid Droid
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    I got a screen protected and it's always kept in a thick skinned baggie! Lol I'll post a pic and a thread sometime to explain why. Anyways even with the screen protector and baggie the sensitivity is just fine. (Smiles)

thoughts.com/realitybegins
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 A955
    privacy screen protectors affect the 4 navigation icons on the bottom of the phone. concept is there but its wayy to thick. im using a insten clear screen protector and have no problems. no bubbles or flaring what so ever. and its only like $2.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    d2g
    Quote Originally Posted by Inverse View Post
    Most of the Zagg fans are usually best buy shoppers who haven't really shopped around for screen protectors. It's the only premium protector that is easily available to pick up and purchase in a store outside of cheaper variants or the stock offerings at Verizon. It's convenient to get the Zagg since it's not exactly hard to find, so if you want it ~now~ go for it.

I recommend personally the SGP crystal clear. Out of all the screen protectors I've seen, it's the only one I've used that actually feels like the stock glass of the original phone. The Zagg I've seen tends to feel like a thicker piece of plastic that while I'm sure will protect the phone well, actually looks "hazy" on my friends Droid X, while also feeling like your finger is only floating over the glass.

The SGP is like, barely even there. It's so damn clear, and smooth that you can still feel that cool glass feeling on your finger when you first use your phone in the morning. I love this thing. It's pure quality.

Comes in a ultra-matte and crystal clear variant. iPhone example in the video, but the screen is the same kind.
    YouTube - SGP Screen Shield Comparison
    I second that. The sgp is very good quality supposedly from japan. It feel very nice and las if nothings there. VEry easy to install and remove bubbles.
    The invisibleshield sucks. It leaves an orange peel affect to the glass and a plastic feeling. Its thick and protects a lot better though. ORange peel look sucks and more prone to bubbles.
    I am using the sgp anti-glare.

so we are tie at 3 for sgp and 3 for invisible shield.
    I remember when invisi shield used to offer lifetime warranty and they actually send you new shield before hand. You must then send your old one for warranty to still be valid to be active otherwise if nothing is sent back for verification purposed then your warranty is lost. Still a good deal if you wanted to grab two at price of one and not return the scond. Now their lifetime warranty is crap where you must send yours in first with receipt. I guess a lot of folks abused this idea so they changed their warranty process.
    Last edited by K20turbo; 12-22-2010 at 09:29 PM.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic

Tie Broken!!!!

I'm using an SGP anti fingerprint/glare protector and I absolutely love it. In my opinion, it actually makes the screen more usable.

One bad thing about all antifingerprint/glare protectors is that it will affect the resolution of the screen. After a few days it's barely noticeable, but something to note if you care about losing a little, and I do mean little, crispness to the screen.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Sexxxus
    Don't even waste 99 cents on a screen protector. I keep my D2 and D1 naked in my pocket with my keys and change and whatnot...I cannot scratch it. The gorilla glass is ridiculously scratch resistant (PROOF). The only thing I've yet to try is taking a knife straight to it on purpose, but I honestly think it still would take some effort to scratch it.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    HOKIE
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Screen protector are best for ipod touch screen,i had also ipod touch screen and its screen get effected by scratches and it really looks bad and screen is best to provide protection from scratches.

touch screen protectors
  9. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    it does
    Quote Originally Posted by mayank2 View Post
    Screen protector are best for ipod touch screen,i had also ipod touch screen and its screen get effected by scratches and it really looks bad and screen is best to provide protection from scratches.

touch screen protectors
    what a great comment considering this was about droid2.

anyways, a screen protector will not "effect" or affect the screens sensitivity.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    I've used screen protectors since my Blackberry days and since moving to my Droid 2 about 2 months ago it doesn't harm or interfere with any touch screens at all

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links