Want a progressional review of the rom as it goes on? Read the amazing view by Blair at Gizmo Ninja!
Droid X ROM Review, rubiX ROMs! Updated 11/22/2010 Droid X AOSP/Vanilla ROM! | Gizmo Ninja
Since these two are so closely related, I'll be posting them together.
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS ONE IS COMPATIBLE WITH THE LEAK, ONE IS NOT
Change log from 1.8.6:
- Updated tweaks (credit to Collin_PH for some of them)
- Kernel tweaks (NO this is not a custom kernel upgrade of any sort, simply set the CFS to behave more like a BFS) i'd like to thank inkarnit for working on these behind the scenes with me. He helped me test the kernel tweaks
These kernel tweaks will kill your quadrant score. If you score ~900/1000, you know they are working. These quadrant scores are changed in the I/O scheduler, but increase cpu performance and the like. The phone OVERALL will run FASTER and SMOOTHER than before. THESE LOW SCORES ARE NORMAL. Linpack scores, on the contrary, will increase.
- Added transition animations (credit to Myn, and JsinLegacy for pointing them out)
- Re-optimized, zipaligned all apks and framework-res/moto-res
- OGG (sounds) optimized
- Updated moto files with 2.3.320 files (some anyways)
- Now compatible with OC on boot (seems to not work on the leak) and will not cancel out my tweaks
- Bootstrap is installed on boot (takes a few minutes), to reboot into recovery, either run the bootstrap app or type bstrap.sh -r in terminal emulator *STILL BETA*
- Some other things I can't remember right now, will update when my memory is better
Full changelog in previous threads, this is only the difference between 1.8.6 and 1.8.9/1.9.3
1.8.9 ONLY RUN THIS IF YOU ARE NOT ON THE 2.3.320 LEAK
1.9.3 ONLY RUN THIS IF YOU ARE ON THE 2.3.320 LEAK