DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FAQ for rubiX Focused. READ BEFORE POSTING!!!!!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I don't think Spare Parts was included out of the box...I had to download it from Market. Still fixes transitions and compatibility mode, though. I had seen in its comments section that it wasn't working for some people's machines, but zero issues for me with it and 1.9.5.

Quick question, not nagging/begging: how's the HDMI progress coming?

Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
    -----
    DMFA

Currently in flux, somewhere between ApeX 2.0 beta and whatever's newest and best...

THANKS to all the Devs...best device I ever held in my hand, thanks to you!
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    X
    Spare parts WAS included out of the box. BUT, it was put onto /data, and installed during the first boot.

IF you wiped data AFTER installing for any reason (didn't follow instructions, or boot looped because of a bad data/cache clear and had to wipe data afterwards).. then you didn't get spareparts installed as normal.

HDMI Not part of 1.9.7 from what I've seen.
    ---x---

--might find some interesting stuff, including misc. DroidX and Android stuff at my site: http://www.sephtin.com
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    [QUOTE=Inkarnit;1001240]Yet more FAQ'n info:

--Why won't my phone play mp3's/take pictures/record video/play video after installing?
    You probably installed the wrong version of 1.9.0. If you are on 2.3.15, you need to install the non-leak version. If you are on 2.3.320 or 2.3.340, you need to install the leak version. Installing the incorrect version can wreak havoc with media features.

Does anyone know where I can get the Rubix 1.9.0 (2.3.15) Non Leak? I just realized that this is why when I upgraded to Rubix 1.9.5 I was having MP3 and Camera (Media Issues)
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkarnit View Post

--Why won't my phone play mp3's/take pictures/record video/play video after installing?
    You probably installed the wrong version of 1.9.0. If you are on 2.3.15, you need to install the non-leak version. If you are on 2.3.320 or 2.3.340, you need to install the leak version. Installing the incorrect version can wreak havoc with media features.
    Does anyone know where I can get RubiX 1.9.0 (Non Leak) for 2.3.15? (link to download please??? I installed 1.9.5 over 1.9.0 and had horrible MEDIA issues.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    X
    Quote Originally Posted by Boucher187 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkarnit View Post

Does anyone know where I can get RubiX 1.9.0 (Non Leak) for 2.3.15? (link to download please??? I installed 1.9.5 over 1.9.0 and had horrible MEDIA issues.
    Can do one better...
    Install this:
    maderstcok - OTA 2.3.340 update.zip

Then install 1.9.5, and you'll be updated and all set to go.
    ---x---

--might find some interesting stuff, including misc. DroidX and Android stuff at my site: http://www.sephtin.com
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X

Cool

Sephtin,
    Wow. Too cool. I am going to do this tomorrow....but I don't want to lose your 1.9.0 black bar mod. :-(
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    X
    Sephtin,
    Wow. Too cool. I am going to do this tomorrow....but I don't want to lose your 1.9.0 black bar mod. :-(
    Boy, do I have a treat for you...
    Sephtin’s Barmod, All versions, many ROMs, hopefully lots of devices… Coming soon! — sephtin.com

Once you get on 1.9.5... send me a quick email with the info there, and I'll hook you up with latest version of my barmod.
    ---x---

8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Thumbs down

Hey, great ROM. Love it, super cool. I do have one quick problem and tbh I don't know if it's the ROM, or ADW, or something simple I'm overlooking. My home button no longer works. It wakes the phone up, so I know it's not a blown circuit or something but it no longer takes me back to the home screen. I can live with it I guess, but that's kind of obnoxious.

Any ideas?
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GitmoLovin View Post
    Hey, great ROM. Love it, super cool. I do have one quick problem and tbh I don't know if it's the ROM, or ADW, or something simple I'm overlooking. My home button no longer works. It wakes the phone up, so I know it's not a blown circuit or something but it no longer takes me back to the home screen. I can live with it I guess, but that's kind of obnoxious.

Any ideas?
    Try ADW settings - General Behavior - Home Button Binding....set the home button default there. I think that might be it.
    Current: Galaxy Nexus (Rooted) Running Stock
    Android 4.0.2
    - Looking to get some better battery life with a Kernel...Then a ROM.
    Former Phone: droid X LiberTY 2.0
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Try ADW settings - General Behavior - Home Button Binding....set the home button default there. I think that might be it.
    Tried all of those, no dice. At least not without a reboot. Gonna reboot it real quick and see.

edit: Yeah, no change. Everything seems to be working fine except for the home button not taking me home.
    Last edited by GitmoLovin; 01-18-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links