DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 53 of 110 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: rubiX Focused 1.6

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by sephtin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mbjr View Post
    Okay guys, I need your help. I LOVE this rom but am having a huge problem that is going to be a deal breaker. It drains my battery insanely fast!, like %20 per hour! I have wiped the cache and system twice now, doing a clean install and installed no apps and it still sucks the battery dry with virtually no usage. Battery usage is calling cell standby the culprit, which is not the case. I have 2 X's and a Droid 2 in the house and they all get great signals, but usage shows my standby usage at 65% plus saying I had no signal 50% or more of the time, which never happened on OTA or Rubix 1.0, or other roms I have tried. I did *228 and it changed nothing, I have the same prl as the other two phones. I am at a loss.....
    slightly more info may (or may not) help:
    Theme?
    Battery or task management apps (Advanced Task Killer, etc. etc. etc.)?
    Did you restore from a backup (Titanium in particular)?
    Any other mods?
    No Theme other than your blackbar mod. No task managers, yes restored apps from Titanium. No other mods, I do use LauncherPro Premium.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by cchang136 View Post
    Hi, did a fresh wipe for rubix 1.6 and installed latest gala theme.

Question 1. I do wipe cache and data before installing rom, but for some SOME but not all of the apps that i previously had start restoring. And I get a notif saying "48 apps have been restored" then I go to titanium to backup missing apps+data. Is that supposed to happen? I don't think it is, but I'm pretty sure I wiped everything

Question 2. After installing theme, which I dled through rom manager, rebooted into clockwork, installed all the zips. Then I booted up, i keep getting multitouch.something force close. so i switched keyboards to better keyboard to get rid of the errors. I can't go into Accounts in Settings because it just says that "The application settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly" .

And sometimes I get no service when I boot up. And ive noticed that after i reboot and get service, my incoming texts are delayed for a while.. HELP?
    1) This is google data sync, and is normal. It's a feature added in Froyo. The first time you open Market, it should start downloading and re-installing your apps, which is why I usually recommend turning on WiFi before opening market for the first time.
    Most people use titanium to get their apps back because they don't know this exists (and/or are too lazy to take the 15 minutes to set things back up how they like them...).

2) You have a problem with something that was loaded after the ROM.
    To start, the theme you're using is likely not compatible. I highly suggest that you use one of the listed themes for Focused 1.6.
    Both FC's, and no service are known issues of themes causing problems.

To resolve #2, I suggest you reinstall the ROM, just don't wipe data/cache this time, it should fix the issue.
    I reinstalled rubix 1.6 no wipe. everythings back to normal. this is the second time in a month that you have helped me. I appreciate it! Thanks a lot!
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Coming from Apex or Tanq, should we SBF first?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDonBonJovi View Post
    Coming from Apex or Tanq, should we SBF first?
    I came from tranquility

I simply wiped data/cache and installed the .zip

worked great and im lovin the ROM
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Anyone having any problems with being able to change the font size in the 'spare parts' app? On 1.0 I was able to change the font size and it would stick no problem, but on 1.6 as soon as I set a different font size, I see it change to smaller in the spare parts app, but as soon as I leave the app, the size changes back to 'normal' again. Anyone else have that problem?

I'm running Launcher Pro.

The only other thing is I have an alternate font that I loaded up instead of the default one that came with the rom. But 'Century Gothic' is a standard font and it really shouldn't make a difference. I had different fonts with 1.0 also and it worked fine.

Anybody wanna check to see if that's a bug or is it just me?

1) Load up a web page in your browser.
    2) Exit back to the home screen
    3) Open 'Spare Parts' from your app drawer
    4) Change font size to smallest
    5) Hold the home button down and re-open browser.
    6) Did the font size change or is it smaller now?

Thanks
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by REARless View Post
    This ROM just gets better and better.

I did a backup last night then ran the cpu.sh script. I chose ULV 100000, 80000, 50000, 350000. Let it charge over night and took it off of the charger at 6AM.

I have had about 15 minutes of calls, checked emails several times, used Google Listen for 35 minutes on the way in to work and have had 16 sms messages.

My battery has just now, 11:45 AM, dropped down to 90%.

I was running the ULV 1.2GHZ but I really didn't notice a performance gain. I do notice the battery gain though by dropping the high down to 1.0GHz and the low down to .35Ghz.
    Replying to my own post:

After 24 hours with out a charge, I woke up with my battery at %50.

I totaled up my phone call talk time since last charge - 28 minutes.
    Total sms texts - 35
    Used Google Listen for about an hour total.
    Some moderate use (10 - 15 min) of Angry Birds.

I can't say enough about this ROM and underclocking. Again, I really did not notice any performance gain when I was overclocking to 1.2GHz.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

2.2.1 for Droid X?

Moved to a new thread.
    Last edited by jdhas; 11-05-2010 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Moved to a new thread. No need to hijack the rubiX discussion.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    This ROM just gets better and better.

I did a backup last night then ran the cpu.sh script. I chose ULV 100000, 80000, 50000, 350000. Let it charge over night and took it off of the charger at 6AM.

I have had about 15 minutes of calls, checked emails several times, used Google Listen for 35 minutes on the way in to work and have had 16 sms messages.

My battery has just now, 11:45 AM, dropped down to 90%.

I was running the ULV 1.2GHZ but I really didn't notice a performance gain. I do notice the battery gain though by dropping the high down to 1.0GHz and the low down to .35Ghz.
    Replying to my own post:

After 24 hours with out a charge, I woke up with my battery at %50.

I totaled up my phone call talk time since last charge - 28 minutes.
    Total sms texts - 35
    Used Google Listen for about an hour total.
    Some moderate use (10 - 15 min) of Angry Birds.

I can't say enough about this ROM and underclocking. Again, I really did not notice any performance gain when I was overclocking to 1.2GHz.

man I wish i could get this kinda battery life...im thinken my battery might be bad

I had the phone unplugged for 10 hours and I was at 20 percent....my use was about the same as yours
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Okay guys, I need your help. I LOVE this rom but am having a huge problem that is going to be a deal breaker. It drains my battery insanely fast!, like %20 per hour! I have wiped the cache and system twice now, doing a clean install and installed no apps and it still sucks the battery dry with virtually no usage. Battery usage is calling cell standby the culprit, which is not the case. I have 2 X's and a Droid 2 in the house and they all get great signals, but usage shows my standby usage at 65% plus saying I had no signal 50% or more of the time, which never happened on OTA or Rubix 1.0, or other roms I have tried. I did *228 and it changed nothing, I have the same prl as the other two phones. I am at a loss.....
    slightly more info may (or may not) help:
    Theme?
    Battery or task management apps (Advanced Task Killer, etc. etc. etc.)?
    Did you restore from a backup (Titanium in particular)?
    Any other mods?
    No Theme other than your blackbar mod. No task managers, yes restored apps from Titanium. No other mods, I do use LauncherPro Premium.
    Im having the same issue. My battery goes down within 5 hours and Im doing about 5 text messages and maybe 10 minutes of calls. The standby and idel perventage are in the 60% and 30% ranges...crazy!!!!!
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    Yeah something is up. Ive been unplugged now for 3 hours and have used a few minutes of surfing the web....thats about it nothing much....but still show 100% battery I have the extended battery but am actually using the stock battery right now. This is ULV 1Ghz.
    HTC THUNDERBOLT Rooted / Perfect Storm 1.2 ROM / Overclocked @ 1.80GHZ

Evolution : Droid 1 - Incredible - Droid X - Thunderbolt

Links