DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: rubiX Blurry 1.0

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    X
    Quote Originally Posted by elkniwcire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sephtin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elkniwcire View Post

Same issue here. Have both google search and voice search installed from Market.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
    Just checked. Blurry is missing the GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk that should be there for it to work. (Drod, plz add it back in next version...

Try this:
    http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/Focused...HED-search.zip

It will fix the issue. Apply the patch from recovery, don't wipe data or cache.

Got this to work by doing a nandroid restore to stock and then installing over without a wipe
    Hmm, really? Stock was COMPLETELY formatted and replaced by blurry, no clue how that fixed it.. but ok.
    ---x---

--might find some interesting stuff, including misc. DroidX and Android stuff at my site: http://www.sephtin.com
    Member #
    Phone
    DroidX
    Quote Originally Posted by sephtin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod-Beeblebrox View Post
    I just switched from focus 1.6 to this. Was missing some if the blur stuff.
    Now I can't make up my mind

If you don't mind my asking... which blur apps?
    Most of the stuff that I kinda liked from Blur, I've found stuff that works as well for me... market, or otherwise...
    ?
    That is the very tough thing to pin down. I think it may be more of a 'refinement issue'. for example. Stock Android E-mail works Ok with my Exchange account, but the Blur version works a little better.
    I like the blur dialers 'answer' and 'reject' buttons better than I do sliders. Also, the Blur dialer will do landscape where as the Focused version won't.
    Focused isn't working with my Ringtones, and the Blur version has a TTS caller-id that I like, as well as supporting my ringtones.
    Having said all of that, Focused was running like a scalded dog, and blurry (while not slow) just feels 'heavy'.

I'm really quite torn about it. I've got my Focused nandroid ready to pop back into action, but I'm going to give Blurry just a little bit more time.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Are there any black bar mods that work with Blurry yet?
    Member #
    Phone
    DroidX
    Quote Originally Posted by NBAJWill55 View Post
    Most of your 'stock' or Froyo themes will work with Blurry since its based on the Moto framework.

I installed Fabolous's NexTheme and it works fine.

One thing to watch out for is themed apps. In my case, NexTheme included themed versions of E-mail, calender and several other apps. I had to go into adb and 'remove' those to keep from having doubles. In particular, I had to sms apps, so was getting double notifications

Might be safer just to use a theme that only does notification bar/pull down.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Great ROM! Unfortunately not being able to sync corporate contacts is a deal breaker for me. If anyone has any insight on how to fix, I'd love to hear it!

Also, EVERY time I boot up it goes into recovery console first. Anyone else seeing this?

6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by NBAJWill55 View Post
    Most of your 'stock' or Froyo themes will work with Blurry since its based on the Moto framework.

I installed Fabolous's NexTheme and it works fine.

One thing to watch out for is themed apps. In my case, NexTheme included themed versions of E-mail, calender and several other apps. I had to go into adb and 'remove' those to keep from having doubles. In particular, I had to sms apps, so was getting double notifications

Might be safer just to use a theme that only does notification bar/pull down.
    Sweet! Thanks for the insight! I really liked the Android in the pull down shade (like Septhin) so I'll look around for something like that.
    Member #
    Phone
    DroidX
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan466 View Post
    Great ROM! Unfortunately not being able to sync corporate contacts is a deal breaker for me. If anyone has any insight on how to fix, I'd love to hear it!

Also, EVERY time I boot up it goes into recovery console first. Anyone else seeing this?

Please explain.
    I use Blurry with an exchange account and it syncs my Contacts just fine.
    I can also search the GAL if I really want to (I actually don't use a GAL, but I know it works, as I can search through the domain users, etc.).
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Not sure what other details I can give as I'm still learning. Started with a stock OTA 2.2 rooted and deodexed. Did a bootstrap wipe and format. Installed ROM as zip from sd card.

When I set up my corporate account, my email and calendar sync perfectly but when I look at my corporate contacts, it says I have no contacts. The odd part is that I can still search the GAL successfully. So, the connection is there it's just not syncing contacts for some reason.

Member #
    Phone
    DroidX
    Not sure what other details I can give as I'm still learning. Started with a stock OTA 2.2 rooted and deodexed. Did a bootstrap wipe and format. Installed ROM as zip from sd card.

When I set up my corporate account, my email and calendar sync perfectly but when I look at my corporate contacts, it says I have no contacts. The odd part is that I can still search the GAL successfully. So, the connection is there it's just not syncing contacts for some reason.

I did a little digging after my reply and it turns out you are correct. I have most of my contacts synced to both my google account and my exchange account, so I assumed it was my exchange contacts being shown ... but they aren't.
    Not sure why
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member

I did a little digging after my reply and it turns out you are correct. I have most of my contacts synced to both my google account and my exchange account, so I assumed it was my exchange contacts being shown ... but they aren't.
    Not sure why
    neither am i

I'll check it out guys
    If you like my work, donations are welcome!
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=TYYWQBR78DW7U
    Follow me on twitter! @Drod2169
    Team Phoenix Dev!
    Check out my Droid X Roms:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Links