rubiX Blurry 1.8 for those who don't like to see straight...
rubiX Blurry 1.8
YOU MUST BE ON 2.3.340 OTA FOR THIS TO WORK
ALSO NOTE: IF YOU INSTALLED THE NEW TRANQUILITY, THE TOOLBOX WILL INSTALL UNLESS YOU SBF BEFORE INSTALL. THIS IS TRUE FOR ANY ROM, NOT JUST RUBIX.
IF YOU USED THE NEW SCRIPT, YOU MUST REBOOT AFTER INSTALL AND INITIAL SETUP
• This script runs on first boot to scan the SDCard rubiX Folder for apps. If they are there, it copies them to /data/app and corrects their permissions. Reboot for this to take effect.
YOU MUST wipe data before install. You CANNOT come from any other rom, or previous Blurry, and expect to not boot loop.
• [*]SMART One-Click Overclock App (QuickClock for rubiX) (Credit to Paul Anderson’s amazing work!)
• * This is a very brilliant OC app. It configures specifically for your device, and OC’s to the BEST value, and voltage settings for your phone.
• **If your max speed turns out to be <1100, it will only overclock to 1100. This is for the sake of Overclocking, and the safety of your device to not push it higher.
• 2.3.340 Base
• Edited tweaks for better battery consumption
• Market apps install to data on first boot
*SCRIPTS: Credit to Fabulous, JRummy, Sephtin and myself.
adblock: block or view ads
apps: run the script for directions. If you choose restore, you must reboot after for it to take effect
backup: backs up all of your user apps. backup -bk is the correct way to run the script
calc: remove/restore the calculator
blurcar: remove/restore the blur car home app
dxeye: remove/restore the DX LWP
email: remove/restore the email app
fixperm: fixes permissions (credit Koush)
genie: remove/restore the news/weather app
messaging: switch between the AOSP messaging app and the BLUR messaging app
office: remove/restore QuickOffice: Please note that this is removed by default, and placed in /data/rubix run the script to restore.
sys: write the system read/only (-ro) or read/write (-rw)
zipalign_apks: zipaligns all the apps in system. Unnecessary since this is ran on every boot!
Updated sysctl and kernel tweaks. You guys will find this nice and speedy.
Change Log from 1.5.2
• Tweaks further updated
• Kernel tweaks. NO this is not a custom kernel, but I've found a way to tweak :)
• SMART CPU tweaks (credit to myself and JRummy)
What does this mean? You can adjust your OC and the Sampling Rate and Up Threshold will adjust to your cpu speed and voltage settings accordingly.
• Some blur removed (Clock widget, Weather Widget, News Widget, Photo Widget)
• Custom Transitions (credit to Myn)
• FINALLY compatible with setting OC at boot, it will no longer override my tweaks
• Home screen redraws lessened (thanks to Beesley for the tweak)
• Apps auto zipalign on boot (credit to me)
Change Log from 1.0
• Updated to 2.2.1 Core system files
• Tweaks tweaked
• Code cleaned up
• Bug fixes
• Home Screen Memory Fix (credit to Beesley)
• All apps optimized, zipaligned (since they were upgraded)
• Security measures to benefit myself, do not harm you nor the rom experience at all (Thanks to JRummy for the advice)
• Based off 2.3.15 (ota)
• Completely deodexed, zipaligned, optimized, not like everyone else says, I mean it when I say optimized!
• FULL Motorola Blur, get your social networking widgets and photo syncs!
• Custom speed/battery tweaks
• Internal task killer has been set a little more aggressive for better battery, stability, and speed
• Tweaks to sysctl.conf (Credit to myself and Pete)
• Market apps removed
• Wallpapers installed to SDCard instead of in launcher!
• Build.Prop mods (Credit to Beesley, edited by me)
• Certain System files replaced with LATEST 2.2.1 source build apps (Calculator, Gmail, etc.)
• Bloatware Removed
• LOTS of free space in system! Over 100 mb! I can't remember the exact amount, i'll edit it in when I load it back up
• Amazing Boot animations credit to WJD Designs!
• Optional undervolt, type lowvolt.sh to run it
Overclock Script! Credit to JRummy for the awesome script. To access, just run:
in terminal emulator, and follow instructions from there.
Auto boot strap on every FULL boot of the system. This is beta, and will be tweaked within the next few days
Nandroid Backup (Just in case you don't want to keep my rom or something goes wrong)
Install Zip From SDCard
The first boot will take a while, so be patient with it loading.
I am NOT responsible by any means for ANYTHING that may happen to your phone. Blame Motorola for locking the bootloader!
I'm a full time college student and a full time employee. If you like my work, please help me make my future in this possible by donating