Check out the review by Blair at GizmoNinja! Droid X ROM Review, rubiX ROMs! Updated 12/26/2010 NEW rubiX ROM 1.9.5 Release!!
YOU MUST BE ON 2.3.340 OTA FOR THIS TO WORK
ALSO NOTE: IF YOU INSTALLED THE NEW TRANQUILITY, THE TOOLBOX WILL INSTALL UNLESS YOU SBF BEFORE INSTALL. THIS IS TRUE FOR ANY ROM, NOT JUST RUBIX.
IF YOU USED THE NEW SCRIPT, YOU MUST REBOOT AFTER INSTALL AND INITIAL SETUP
This script runs on first boot to scan the SDCard rubiX Folder for apps. If they are there, it copies them to /data/app and corrects their permissions. Reboot for this to take effect.
YOU MUST wipe data before install. You CANNOT come from previous rubiX Focused and expect to not boot loop.
- SMART One-Click Overclock App (QuickClock for rubiX) (Credit to Paul Anderson’s amazing work!)
* This is a very brilliant OC app. It configures specifically for your device, and OC’s to the BEST value, and voltage settings for your phone.
**If your max speed turns out to be <1100, it will only overclock to 1100. This is for the sake of Overclocking, and the safety of your device to not push it higher.
- Base is GummyJar (Credit Kejar)
- Full firstboot functionality.
- Rotary Lockscreen Option
- AOSP Settings Menu (No Compass Calibrate/Battery Manager. For Battery Info, check out About Phone/Battery Use)
- GB Keyboard with working size (cause size does matter )
- Working 3G HotSpot
- Phone as Modem/USB Tether Option (Instructions stored in rubiX Folder on your SDCard)
- AOSP Lock screen instead of themed Moto tabs!
- Lockscreen pattern no longer on a timer.
- Market Apps installed to Data Partition
- This Includes:
- Voice Search
- ADW Launcher
- Street View
- Spare Parts
- Adobe Flash Player
- DL Crutch Lite (For Browser Downloads)
- Tweaks adjusted
- File Manager (Credit to Cyanogen)
Gingerbread Parts: (Credit to Pete)
- Launcher 2
- Gallery 3D
- Alarm Clock
- Desk Clock
SCRIPTS: Credit to Fabulous, JRummy, Sephtin and myself.
adblock: block or view ads
apps: run the script for directions. If you choose restore, you must reboot after for it to take effect
backup: backs up all of your user apps. backup -bk is the correct way to run the script
calc: remove/restore the calculator
carhome: remove/restore the car home launcher
dxeye: remove/restore the DX LWP Please note that this is removed by default, and placed in /data/rubix run the script to restore.
email: remove/restore the email app
fixperm: fixes permissions (credit Koush)
gallery: switches between the 2D (credit to Cyanogen) and 3D AOSP Gallery
genie: remove/restore the news/weather app
office: remove/restore QuickOffice: Please note that this is removed by default, and placed in /data/rubix run the script to restore.
sys: write the system read/only (-ro) or read/write (-rw)
zipalign_apks: zipaligns all the apps in system. Unnecessary since this is ran on every boot!
To remove data throttling, click this:
rubiX Focused 1.9.7, back and better than ever
Credit to Plower.Net
How to install:
Place on SDCard
Bootstrap Recovery via Bootstrap App
Reboot to Clockwork Mod Recovery
Wipe data/factory reset
Select install from sdcard
Choose zip from sdcard
If you like my work, please support my red bull addiction! (A little behind on bills this month.. any help would be amazing!)