DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stock Rubix 1.9.5. What to do with JRummy DX OC

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by akiles View Post
    I know every phone is different, but have you noticed any improment in batt life? Is it stable with those voltages?
    Yup, I can easily go through a full day (14-16 hours) on one charge with moderate-heavy usage. Seems to be as stable as can be, with reboots only when I end phone calls (I think it's a noted bug in RubiX).
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Thanks. I was asking because the bug you referred to, is supposedly a motorola bug and was fix in the .340 ota -allegedly. The fix was -as someone pointed out- to increase the voltages. I was wondering how your phone was responding to having low voltages.
    An occasional reboot seems like a small price to pay for battery longevity.
    I was using low voltages (800-300) but saw no improvement at all. I get about 10hrs of bat life with no use (no texts, calls, browsing).
    Meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Trong View Post
    I know every phone is different, but have you noticed any improment in batt life? Is it stable with those voltages?
    Yup, I can easily go through a full day (14-16 hours) on one charge with moderate-heavy usage. Seems to be as stable as can be, with reboots only when I end phone calls (I think it's a noted bug in RubiX).
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Inkarnit
    Phone
    Stock Droid RAZR
    Thanks. I was asking because the bug you referred to, is supposedly a motorola bug and was fix in the .340 ota -allegedly. The fix was -as someone pointed out- to increase the voltages. I was wondering how your phone was responding to having low voltages.
    An occasional reboot seems like a small price to pay for battery longevity.
    I was using low voltages (800-300) but saw no improvement at all. I get about 10hrs of bat life with no use (no texts, calls, browsing).
    Meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Trong View Post
    A lot of it has to do with your signal strength though. At home I have great signal strength and access to wifi. At work I have poor signal strength and no wifi. In a typical work day, I will get 14-15 hours of battery life. Yesterday, however, I stayed home from work. I am currently on 22h 53m and still have 30% battery life left. I am running stock voltages and clock speeds too. Also, I never get a reboot. Never.
    Moto Droid RAZR

STOCK!
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Becareful using UL voltage... Your phone does need so much to do what it needs to do, I wouldnt go below LV so that you dont start having problems with not enough volts to keep ur phone running.... I run mine at LV, 1.35 and on performance... With a bluetooth and have no reboots after calls... And my battery last all day with moderate to kinda heavy usuage.... Unless I go places to where my signal bites... With isnt to many places since I OC my phone

Droid X
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X / rubix 1.97
    I've been using DX/D2 Overclocker by unstable apps, not JRummy's one.

Maybe not so surprisingly given the dev's name, my DX becomes unstable if i tweak anything, including voltage.

Is there any reason to believe that I might have better luck with JRummy's app or is it just a safe bet that I got a picky DX that is happy sitting at stock.

For me, stability is pretty important. If I get random reboots at all I'm inclined to go back to stock.

Just curious, thanks guys!
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Honestly id check out droid x overclock.... It has a lot of other cool features I think you will like... And if u just have a picky dx then u can still do loads of other stuff...just remember UL can screw u up too.... Let me know how it goes... Good luck
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X / rubix 1.97
    Quote Originally Posted by salem667 View Post
    Honestly id check out droid x overclock.... It has a lot of other cool features I think you will like... And if u just have a picky dx then u can still do loads of other stuff...just remember UL can screw u up too.... Let me know how it goes... Good luck
    cool! I don't have any issues supporting jrummy anyway, even if it doesn't work.

thanks man!
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    No prob... Yea I had rx rom and I got oc, root tools and logo changer... He does good work... I just like Rubix better myself.... Ive had less problems wirh this rom but jrummy has good stuff
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX, Xoom
    Rummy's overclock app is the only one I've used and purchased. I've been using it even before I used a custom rom. I find it a great app. I've used a few diff configurations. Every x is different as everyone knows but, my droid x runs stable and fast with high voltage on 1300mhz. I've tried 1350mhz on high voltage and it worked well but I would et a random force close here and there and an occasional crash. I used speedPI to test my benhmarks. High voltage on 1300mhz is a sweet spot for my X. I have it load this config on Boot as well.

I honestly haven't noticed any battery life improvements. Its not that I think its hurting my batt life I just never bothered to notice. I use my extended battery (the official verizon one) and it gives it the little extra to make it through the day. Hope this helps.
    I recommend the program hands down!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX, Xoom
    Oh forgot to mebtion in my previous post..the 1300mhz apply on boot is perfect for my x.....might not be good with yours..experiment and find a stable freq Before you apply on boot or you could brick the phone in a bootloop.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links