DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Stock Rubix 1.9.5. What to do with JRummy DX OC

  1. Droid
    Trong's Avatar
    Member #
    96503
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    89
    Phone
    Droid X
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by akiles View Post
    I know every phone is different, but have you noticed any improment in batt life? Is it stable with those voltages?
    Yup, I can easily go through a full day (14-16 hours) on one charge with moderate-heavy usage. Seems to be as stable as can be, with reboots only when I end phone calls (I think it's a noted bug in RubiX).
  2. Master Droid
    akiles's Avatar
    Member #
    142770
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    265
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    #12
    Thanks. I was asking because the bug you referred to, is supposedly a motorola bug and was fix in the .340 ota -allegedly. The fix was -as someone pointed out- to increase the voltages. I was wondering how your phone was responding to having low voltages.
    An occasional reboot seems like a small price to pay for battery longevity.
    I was using low voltages (800-300) but saw no improvement at all. I get about 10hrs of bat life with no use (no texts, calls, browsing).
    Meh...

    Quote Originally Posted by Trong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by akiles View Post
    I know every phone is different, but have you noticed any improment in batt life? Is it stable with those voltages?
    Yup, I can easily go through a full day (14-16 hours) on one charge with moderate-heavy usage. Seems to be as stable as can be, with reboots only when I end phone calls (I think it's a noted bug in RubiX).
  3. Master Droid
    Inkarnit's Avatar
    Member #
    92710
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Buckeye, AZ
    Posts
    635
    Twitter
    Inkarnit
    Phone
    Stock Droid RAZR
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by akiles View Post
    Thanks. I was asking because the bug you referred to, is supposedly a motorola bug and was fix in the .340 ota -allegedly. The fix was -as someone pointed out- to increase the voltages. I was wondering how your phone was responding to having low voltages.
    An occasional reboot seems like a small price to pay for battery longevity.
    I was using low voltages (800-300) but saw no improvement at all. I get about 10hrs of bat life with no use (no texts, calls, browsing).
    Meh...

    Quote Originally Posted by Trong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by akiles View Post
    I know every phone is different, but have you noticed any improment in batt life? Is it stable with those voltages?
    Yup, I can easily go through a full day (14-16 hours) on one charge with moderate-heavy usage. Seems to be as stable as can be, with reboots only when I end phone calls (I think it's a noted bug in RubiX).
    A lot of it has to do with your signal strength though. At home I have great signal strength and access to wifi. At work I have poor signal strength and no wifi. In a typical work day, I will get 14-15 hours of battery life. Yesterday, however, I stayed home from work. I am currently on 22h 53m and still have 30% battery life left. I am running stock voltages and clock speeds too. Also, I never get a reboot. Never.
    Moto Droid RAZR

    STOCK!
  4. Senior Droid
    salem667's Avatar
    Member #
    158173
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Little rock, arkansas
    Posts
    138
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    #14
    Becareful using UL voltage... Your phone does need so much to do what it needs to do, I wouldnt go below LV so that you dont start having problems with not enough volts to keep ur phone running.... I run mine at LV, 1.35 and on performance... With a bluetooth and have no reboots after calls... And my battery last all day with moderate to kinda heavy usuage.... Unless I go places to where my signal bites... With isnt to many places since I OC my phone

    Droid X
  5. Master Droid
    digitalslacker's Avatar
    Member #
    134249
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    351
    Phone
    Droid X / rubix 1.97
    #15
    I've been using DX/D2 Overclocker by unstable apps, not JRummy's one.

    Maybe not so surprisingly given the dev's name, my DX becomes unstable if i tweak anything, including voltage.

    Is there any reason to believe that I might have better luck with JRummy's app or is it just a safe bet that I got a picky DX that is happy sitting at stock.

    For me, stability is pretty important. If I get random reboots at all I'm inclined to go back to stock.

    Just curious, thanks guys!
  6. Senior Droid
    salem667's Avatar
    Member #
    158173
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Little rock, arkansas
    Posts
    138
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    #16
    Honestly id check out droid x overclock.... It has a lot of other cool features I think you will like... And if u just have a picky dx then u can still do loads of other stuff...just remember UL can screw u up too.... Let me know how it goes... Good luck
  7. Master Droid
    digitalslacker's Avatar
    Member #
    134249
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    351
    Phone
    Droid X / rubix 1.97
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by salem667 View Post
    Honestly id check out droid x overclock.... It has a lot of other cool features I think you will like... And if u just have a picky dx then u can still do loads of other stuff...just remember UL can screw u up too.... Let me know how it goes... Good luck
    cool! I don't have any issues supporting jrummy anyway, even if it doesn't work.

    thanks man!
  8. Senior Droid
    salem667's Avatar
    Member #
    158173
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Little rock, arkansas
    Posts
    138
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    #18
    No prob... Yea I had rx rom and I got oc, root tools and logo changer... He does good work... I just like Rubix better myself.... Ive had less problems wirh this rom but jrummy has good stuff
  9. Senior Droid
    in99flames's Avatar
    Member #
    139639
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    A hole in the ground with a couch.
    Posts
    129
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX, Xoom
    #19
    Rummy's overclock app is the only one I've used and purchased. I've been using it even before I used a custom rom. I find it a great app. I've used a few diff configurations. Every x is different as everyone knows but, my droid x runs stable and fast with high voltage on 1300mhz. I've tried 1350mhz on high voltage and it worked well but I would et a random force close here and there and an occasional crash. I used speedPI to test my benhmarks. High voltage on 1300mhz is a sweet spot for my X. I have it load this config on Boot as well.

    I honestly haven't noticed any battery life improvements. Its not that I think its hurting my batt life I just never bothered to notice. I use my extended battery (the official verizon one) and it gives it the little extra to make it through the day. Hope this helps.
    I recommend the program hands down!!

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  10. Senior Droid
    in99flames's Avatar
    Member #
    139639
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    A hole in the ground with a couch.
    Posts
    129
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX, Xoom
    #20
    Oh forgot to mebtion in my previous post..the 1300mhz apply on boot is perfect for my x.....might not be good with yours..experiment and find a stable freq Before you apply on boot or you could brick the phone in a bootloop.

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. [MOD] Battery Numbers for Stock GB Theme - rubiX 1.9.5
    By humungus in forum Drod2169 - X
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-30-2010, 10:31 AM
  2. Rubix 1.9 Stock Camera?
    By cullenisprime in forum Drod2169 - X
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 02:57 PM
  3. Rubix Blurry vs Rubix Focused
    By Droid74 in forum Droid X Roms
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-16-2010, 05:49 PM
  4. Stock Rubix Keyboard file please :)
    By jloya in forum Drod2169 - X
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 04:57 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-02-2010, 11:00 AM

Search tags for this page

dalingrin heat
,
default droid x frequencies slots
,
droid x lowest frequency
,
droid x lowest stable frequency
,

droid x scaling frequencies best voltage

,

dx oc android

,
jrummy install battery indictor
,
jrummy overclock 1.9
,
jrummy ultra low voltage low medium
,
jrummy voltage
,
rubix .04 dx
,

slot settings for jrummy overclock

,
what are jrummys preset for undervolting?
,
what to do in 1.9.5
,
what's in 1.9.5
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+