DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: the newest OTA

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Unhappy the newest OTA

Drod, is it possible for us with leak .320 to get the newest ota? is there a way for us back to stock 2.2 froyo and ota to .340? thanks.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Inkarnit
    Phone
    Stock Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by pszhu View Post
    Drod, is it possible for us with leak .320 to get the newest ota? is there a way for us back to stock 2.2 froyo and ota to .340? thanks.
    Nope, not possible to get the OTA. Once you flashed the leak you put your phone's upgrade future in TBH's hands. TBH says they have a way to get you to .340, so I'd follow what they're doing, because you can NOT go back.
    Moto Droid RAZR

STOCK!
  3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    devvortex
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus (CDMA)
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkarnit View Post
    Nope, not possible to get the OTA. Once you flashed the leak you put your phone's upgrade future in TBH's hands. TBH says they have a way to get you to .340, so I'd follow what they're doing, because you can NOT go back.
    So far from what I've seen in the TBH forums, the route to .340 is by using their Tranquility rom version 3.5.1.

They snuck in the .340 update without letting anyone know until it was officially announced by verizon. They kept the build.prop file stating .320, then released a patch to let users know it was really the ota leak of .340

I'm glad I didn't install the leak, I know TBH is doing a lot of work, but I don't like their secrecy and I really don't like the fact that they just snuck users into .340 without letting them know.

They had angry users after the leak first came out too, they had a version of tranquility that was failing, so they released a patch that actually did the .320 leak. Only they forgot to mention that the patch was the leak and once installed you had no way back.

I'd love to have the latest and greatest now, but without a return path, I'm not going anywhere.

Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy if both are frozen
    ~ Edward V Berard
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    i am so sad to hear that. my DX will say goodbye with OTA forever and not get the android 2.3 from ota.........sigh......
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Inkarnit
    Phone
    Stock Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by plower.net View Post
    So far from what I've seen in the TBH forums, the route to .340 is by using their Tranquility rom version 3.5.1.

They snuck in the .340 update without letting anyone know until it was officially announced by verizon. They kept the build.prop file stating .320, then released a patch to let users know it was really the ota leak of .340

I'm glad I didn't install the leak, I know TBH is doing a lot of work, but I don't like their secrecy and I really don't like the fact that they just snuck users into .340 without letting them know.

They had angry users after the leak first came out too, they had a version of tranquility that was failing, so they released a patch that actually did the .320 leak. Only they forgot to mention that the patch was the leak and once installed you had no way back.

I'd love to have the latest and greatest now, but without a return path, I'm not going anywhere.
    I agree. Not a big fan of the secrecy and whatnot but I guess that comes with the territory of leaks. TBH has connections to someone in Motorola or something and didn't want to get him in trouble, I guess. I don't really know the whole story, but this is why installing leaked, unofficial software can be dangerous. I think they should have done a better job of informing people of the risks and not have people ninja install patches.

i am so sad to hear that. my DX will say goodbye with OTA forever and not get the android 2.3 from ota.........sigh......
    I wouldn't necessarily say that. This latest OTA is NOT Android 2.3 aka Gingerbread. It is just an update to Froyo. It's not even a really major upgrade. Also, TBH claims they can get the .320 people to .340, but by which means I'm not sure. It's possible they can get your phone to look like it should so that you can go forward when 2.3 is released for the X, but again, I'm not sure. I would direct these questions to TBH.
    Moto Droid RAZR

STOCK!
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone

thanks. i have understood the situation. can't get ota any more my DX.
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    devvortex
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus (CDMA)

thanks. i have understood the situation. can't get ota any more my DX.
    Have to agree with Inkarnit. I'd keep a close eye on TBH at droidworld. With their connections, they may come up with a path back to OTA. They did it with the initial froyo leak. Just keep reading over there and posting you questions to them. You'll have better luck there than here for TBH stuff

Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy if both are frozen
    ~ Edward V Berard
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Verizon Droid X w/ rubiX
    Apparently the path from .320 to .340 is all in /system, so an upgrade is easy.
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    devvortex
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus (CDMA)
    Quote Originally Posted by teh_g View Post
    Apparently the path from .320 to .340 is all in /system, so an upgrade is easy.
    So says TBH. I'm on the ota 2.3.15, and I could make my system info screen say 2.3.340 if I wanted to too

~ Edward V Berard
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

+1 to all of this.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links