DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dedicated thread to known PC Mode/Windows Media Sync connection issues

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X

Lightbulb Dedicated thread to known PC Mode/Windows Media Sync connection issues

My problem is that my Droid X currently running Rubix 1.9.0 (non leak) will not be recognised by my Windows 7 Ultimate x64 PC when using PC Mode or Windows Media Sync mode.

USB Mass Storage mode will work, so this lack of functionality is not a huge concern, but when it comes to syncing music I would much rather use PC Mode or WM Sync due to the fact that it plays nicer with Media Monkey.

I know this problem is not effecting everyone, but I also know I am not the only one effected by this. I have seen lots of questions about this as well as lots of answers. Unfortunately, despite all of my research, I have not found a solution that works for me, so I figured I would create a dedicated post to this specific issue and also note what I have done to troubleshoot this issue on my end so there is no confusion.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest Motorola drivers, as well as various combinations of restarting phone and PC in conjunction with this.

I have tried using both Clockwork Mod Recovery to update permissions as well as Jrummy16's Droid Overclock app to update permissions.

I have even tried using XP mode on windows 7 just to see if that would make a difference, but sadly it did not.

I have also flashed back to Factory Froyo 2.2 to verify that it was not a driver issue, and I found that stock froyo works while Rubix does not.

Other pieces of information worth noting is that I believe the root of the problem is that for whatever reason Windows is not recognizing something with the Rubix Framework when it comes to associating the MTP USB Device specific driver with the dx.

The MTP USB Device driver is the only Motorola driver that does not install properly after countless attempts at uninstalling and reinstalling it.

If anyone else has run into this issue and resolved it using methods other than what I described, I would welcome the feedback, as well as anyone else experiencing similar issues as me.

Despite all of this though, Rubix FTW! I have never been happier with my DX, and have donated to show my appreciation!
    DROID X w/ Liberty GB 0.7 @ 1.15 ULV w/smartass governor

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    use quickboot to reboot and choose bootloader option. Works for me.
    Droid X - Deodexed, Liguid Gingerbread 2.3, QuickClock Advanced balanced. Go Launcher and SwiftKey. Handcent SMS.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Would that be any different than running the Droid X bootstrapper and booting into recovery?

Tried it your way, and it didn't make a difference. Ended up booting into clockwork recovery, then rebooted from the recovery menu, and it had no effect.
    Last edited by djstnick; 12-05-2010 at 06:41 PM.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I'm using win 7 ultimate 64 bit. When I first flashed it didn't recognize my phone. Launched quick boot app and chose boot loader. The phone reset and everything works.
    Droid X - Deodexed, Liguid Gingerbread 2.3, QuickClock Advanced balanced. Go Launcher and SwiftKey. Handcent SMS.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    I see, I didn't have any luck trying this method while on my xp pc at work, but I will try again when I am home.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Had this problem and switched to Apex and the drivers recognized. Not to knock rubiX because it was the first ROM I ever flashed and Drod does amazing work.

I just like having the comfort of being able to SBF if for some reason anything goes wrong.

I also had the MTP problem while running Fission and the only thing I can think of between the two is that Rubix and Fission are Blurless, while Apex let's you pick and choose between Blur and AOSP.

MAybe some people's phones have problems recognizing the drivers without Blur?

:shrug:
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Haha I can also SBF if necessary, I am not using leaked 2.2.1. I actually SBF'd before installing Rubix 1.9.0 from 1.8.9.

I have a feeling you are right about blur being a factor. I will try blurry, worth a shot at least.

I would also try Apex, but I haven't received a compelling enough argument to make the switch from Rubix.
  9. Bang Bang
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Twitter
    juicemane_
    Phone
    G Nexus
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andylulzyou View Post
    Had this problem and switched to Apex and the drivers recognized. Not to knock rubiX because it was the first ROM I ever flashed and Drod does amazing work.

I just like having the comfort of being able to SBF if for some reason anything goes wrong.

I also had the MTP problem while running Fission and the only thing I can think of between the two is that Rubix and Fission are Blurless, while Apex let's you pick and choose between Blur and AOSP.

That makes no sense. Your ROM has nothing to do with the ability to SBF (other then if you install a leak or ROM with a different bootloader)

| AOKP Rom | Imo Lean Kernel | Seidio Active |

| Like my work? Donate | | Need me? Twitter |
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X / rubix 1.97
    I had it happen a few times. The solution was to uninstall everything Moto related (moto connect, rsdlite, etc) and re-install the drivers.

These are the latest from moto
    USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola USA

worked for me every time.
    I think i had to put the phone in PC mode though...

hope that helps

EDIT: you want the motoconnect 4.7.1 drivers...not those pc charging drivers, not sure what those are.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicemane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by andylulzyou View Post

That makes no sense. Your ROM has nothing to do with the ability to SBF (other then if you install a leak or ROM with a different bootloader)

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to SBF if my computer is unable to recognize my phone.

If I'm wrong that would actually be good news though..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links