DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: [GIVEAWAY] Motorola Droid Bionic Lapdock

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1557 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member

[GIVEAWAY] Motorola Droid Bionic Lapdock

It's been a while since we have shown our Droid Bionic owners any love, so this next giveaway is long overdue. We are happy to announce that we are giving away two (2) Motorola Droid Bionic Lapdocks to two (2) lucky winners! For those of you who may be unfamiliar with the lapdock here's crash course on what it's all about. Once you dock your Droid Bionic, the webtop application launches automatically, providing you access to the full desktop version of the Mozilla Firefox 3.6 browser with support for Adobe Flash Player. The Lapdock weighs a mere 2.4 pounds, and is powered by the Droid Bionicís dual core processor. It can render graphics and games quickly, view social networking sites, as well as use HTML5 web-based applications and supported cloud computing services. You'll also be able to send instant messages and make phone calls, all at the same time.

Now that we got that out of the way lets get to the nitty gritty- how to enter.

To Enter:

• Tell us when you Purchased your Droid Bionic and why you want the Lapdock.
    ​Thats it? Yes, that's it. The giveaway will close on Tuesday, August 21 2012 at 12:00 pm Central. The two (2) winners will be chosen at random later that day.

Good luck everyone!!

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I have really want to get one of these lapdocks for awhile. so this contest showed up just in time since I cant spend anymore money on electronics since i finally upgraded my home PC...I was still running a P4 with hyperthreading...built when hyperthreading was brand new.

anyways. I wanted to get into the dual core world and drooled over the Bionic "leaks" when they first started showing up a couple years ago. I read every rumor and leaked photo there was. The phone finally came out and while it went thru many changes it was still the phone I wanted. I wasnt due for an upgrade so I couldnt afford the full price of the phone. So disappointed I stuck with my DX. Then I found a used Bionic late last year on cowboom for less than $200 and snagged it up. 100% perfect shape. And I've been in crack flashing mod ever since. Running ICS redhead now and this thing still impresses me. Now I need the lapdock to complete the "ensemble" of Bionic items since the Media dock is on my nightstand now. While I love the Bionics webtop mirror mode on my 47" TV...its not very comfortable sitting on the coffee table using it since the HDMI cable wont reach to my couch. With the lapdock it will put all that power right in my hands comfortably on the couch.....and my girlfriend wont yell at me for hogging the TV HAHA

*** edited cause I ramble...BOLDED my answers to the questions for the contest
    Last edited by r1nstang; 08-16-2012 at 03:29 PM.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

I sooooo want a lapdock!!

I purchased my Bionic about two months ago, and i have to say that I LOVE IT. I remember all of the craziness that surrounded the bionic with the scrapping of the orginial designed, and the super late release date. I wanted one ever since i first saw it at CES. But since it wouldn't release it time for me to upgrade, i had to jump on the 4G LTE before Verizon ditched the unlimited data the first time. So in order for me to get grandfathered in, i had to settle for another device. I followed the Bionic ever since...Then i finally got one of my own! I have to say that this is a very solid device. It rarely locks up on me, its smooth and fast. I have no complaints whatsoever. Having the OG Droid when it first came out, I don't think there is anything i can say about Moto android devices. I have the car dock in my car, and the operation of the phone while docked in the car is flawless. It automatically connects to the Bluetooth in my car, and with the Smart Actions, its playing my set playlist before i leave the driveway! I think the lap dock will be a great addition to an already great device! I think it will allow me to use the bionic to its full potential. Since my wife has the only laptop in the house, using my bionic on with the lap dock will save me the trouble of using my desktop PC. And while using the HDMI mirroring, its sometimes a pain standing in front of the tv while doing so!
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    I purchased my Bionic on 9/9/2011 from Let's Talk for the amazing price of $175. My OG DROID was starting to slow down after close to 2 years of ownership. I wanted the Bionic since seeing coverage of it at CES. While there were a few hiccups at first everything turned out fine, and ICS on it is amazing.

I want the laptop dock to extend the functionality of my Bionic even further. The new webtop in ICS is really cool, and to take full advantage of it you have to have the webtop. I really wanted to get one, but never had the money for it, and even when they went down in price couldn't find it anywhere to get it.
  6. Sourcery Themer / Designr
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus / ICSourcery
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Does it count if it's for my wife?

Bought her Bionic about 6 months ago, got it through VZW as a CPO for $79
    She's been a happy clam with it and while stock it does everything she wants.
    Coming from the Droid 1 it was a huge leap forward.

She has eyed this lapdock since getting the phone. To connect and have a full screen and keyboard and the portability.
    Sadly between car's being broken into , A/C in the house going out, and her birthday coming up , money isn't something I got to get her one

So this is perfect. A great birthday gift for my geeky wife Would put me in the good husband category for a while

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    I got my Bionic on Launch Day and I want the lapdock because it is cool.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    manicsocratic
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I realize that this may sound extremely selfish of me, but I won my Bionic in a Facebook contest, so it'd be cool if I won a Lapdock for it in another internet contest.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bionic

good luck contestants!

I have the lapdock already so i am not asking for one. however the coolness of the lapdock didn't really come around until ICS hit the device. even with the leas the ICS tablet mode getting enabled on the lapdock is epic.

it makes the bionic a really useful device for the roadwarior student or professional being able to get a bigger screen and keyboard. however i do suggest a wired or Bluetooth mouse as it is easier to use in android than a touch-pad.

Also finding out xbmc works under the new ICS kernels on the bionic adds more coolness as well.

The addition of a lapdock really makes the device a whole new beast. note it does not work right or people using safe mode in safe-boot. the way safeboot does the swapping breaks the lapdock. however CWM or unsafe mode is fine. even with custom roms. Good luck for anyone who wins it.
    Droid Bionic running the ICS Leak
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

lapdock giveaway

Lapdock giveaway....what a great idea.

I purchased the bionic at VZW online the week it unveiled. I am a recovering 44 year old techie wannabe as my chemistry students would refer to me.

I think I am a good candidate because I could show the up and coming generation of tech gurus some really cool hardware for their phones. plus it will reconfirm that apple has no place in education.

thanks for offering this!

mrmchem
  11. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I got my Bionic on Launch day. Was moving from the OG Droid and could not wait to get my hands on a new phone after two years with the phone. The lapdock seems like a great concept and something that would really come in handy when I travel!
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Links