DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: [CONTEST] Mother's Day Giveaway!

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    675 times
    Twitter
    @smalltownlife13
    Phone
    Note2, Maxx HD, S3, Nexus
    Premium Member

Smile [CONTEST] Mother's Day Giveaway!

Since Sunday is Mother's Day, DroidForums.net will be having
    a special contest just to honor the mom's!

In order to win, you will need to do one of the following things (you can do both in the same post if you wish)...
    *Post up a family picture or
    *Tell us about your best Mother's Day memory...

Now in case you are curious on what you are winning...yes, it is the beautiful gift basket above (a few details included). Those with a taste for the finer things in life will savor this festive ensemble of Spiced Apple Cider Cookies, Seattle Milk Chocolate Truffles, Seattle Pike Place Espresso Chocolate, Fresh Pistachios, Spicy Snack Mix, Espresso Shortbread, and more favorite - or soon to be favorite - foods.
    A truly delicious gift. Contents arrive in a stylish keepsake basket.

The basket is packed with all kinds of good & tasty items - just perfect for a special Mom!

We will choose the winner on Sunday afternoon by random selection! Good luck to all of the Mom's and Happy Mother's Day from DroidForums.net!!

"A mother's love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, and it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking."
    ~ Helen Steiner Rice
    wicked, guidot, danDroid and 2 others like this.
    **Be yourself - Everyone else is already taken**

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Phone
    note 2
    Premium Member
    I'm doing this for my daughters sense there mom does alot for them, every year they ask me if they can make or buy something for her, it's nice that kids this young think of doing stuff for mom on there own

[CONTEST] Mother's Day Giveaway!-forumrunner_20120508_163646.png
    kindness63 likes this.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID Razr
    One year me and my sister took care of our mom because she was sick with the flu. It was really special because we're not usually with her, but we were able to talk a lot and share memories of when my sister and I were little. We're twins, so there were quite a few crazy stories.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Ever since I can remember, my mom has been a huge fan of the group Mana, she is always listening to their songs, singing to them, has them as her ringtone.. etc. She basically got me and my sister into them growing up as well. She's always said that she wishes she could see them in concert but felt like she would die before ever getting to. Last year around this time, my sister and I found out they were coming to the Staples Center in Los Angeles, and we both agreed that we should get my mom a ticket and take her as a Mothers Day gift. She was having a really rough day last Mothers Day (can't remember why exactly) and she was on the verge of tears. We gave her a Mothers Day card with the tickets inside, and the amount of happiness she displayed was the best thing ever. She said that her problems at that moment didn't matter anymore because she was so happy.

I wish we could do something like that for her again this year, but I don't think we could top that
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Moto X

My favorite Mother's Day memory is.........

.....my wife's first year as a mom in 2004. She was so excited to be a mom on mother's day for the first time. I can't even remember what I got her that year, but we went to brunch that afternoon, and she just basked in the glow of her new motherhood, something she had dreamed of for many many years. And it was especially exciting because we had lost our first pregnancy, so she would have been a mother on Mother's Day for the first time in 2003. None are as ever exciting as the the first one.
    Moto X - Designed by me!
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    my best mothers day would be 2000 for my mom. that was the year we got her a mom ring with all of our birthstones in it . she really enjoyed that and still wears it to this day.
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Tweaked Stock Bionic

My little familia.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    kindness63 likes this.
    Veritas vos Liberabit

K.C. Cole
    Android Ninja

Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    [CONTEST] Mother's Day Giveaway!-fam.jpg
    My mom in the middle, my little girl and son and ofcourse the mom of those two to the right.
  10. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    My moms birthday is on May 8th so sometimes it falls on the same day as Mothers day. We always try and do something special for her since she raised three kids on her own since her first two husbands (my dad included) decided to leave her and us to fend for ourselves. She was going to school full time, and working more than full time and she always did whatever she could to make our lives better.

So I can't point out any one specific Mothers day but I have a lifetime of great memories from a fantastic woman, as I am sure most of us can. Without her I would be nothing (literally), so I thank everyday she is my mom. The picture is from my second wedding, think I got it right this time .

[CONTEST] Mother's Day Giveaway!-wedding.jpg
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet) ;-)
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD
    My best memory of Mother's Day was always getting up early to make our mom breakfast, then going to the opening day of the local flea market. It was the best because I could use my allowance ($5/week for chores) to buy whatever I wanted. I always "tried" to find mom something but that never worked out lol.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links