DroidForums.net Android Screenshot Smackdown!
... many will enter ... only 12 will survive!
** WINNERS ANNOUNCED!! - See Below (2nd Post) **
Pablo Picasso had canvas, Michelangelo had the Sistine Chapel, and you ... well you have your Android Home Screen! Announcing the DroidForums.net Android Screenshot Smackdown Contest! It's time to get those mad customization skilz tuned and flowing! We're looking for your best, most creative Android screen shot. It can be as complex, colorful, themed, simplistic, or minimalistic as you want.
Prizes you ask? How about 12 of them! We have 12 original "Series 1" Andrew Bell Green Android figurines (still sealed) that we will be passing out to 12 winners! Serpico here – some of you may recognize me from xoomforums.com, thunderboltforums.com, and galaxytabforums.net. I had a case of these bad boys sitting around and figured I’d donate them to our online community. So I got together with DroidForums.net to unload ‘em and the "Android Screenshot Smackdown!" was sanctioned!
Update: thaPhlash was gracious enough to offer his icon packs as an exta prize! So for all 12 winners, you will not only get the Android figurine but you'll also get your choice of icon pack from thaIcon by thaPhlash!
The rules are fairly simple:
- Any Android Phone (Stock) - Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
- Any Android Tablet (Stock) - Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
- Any Android Phone (Rooted) - Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
- Any Android Tablet (Rooted) - Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
How to enter and how it works:
- Keep it clean and tasteful - no offensive stuff.
- You have to be a registered user on droidforums.net or a registered user on one of the sister sites.
- You can use ANY launcher, add-on, customization app, etc.
- You can submit up to 3 shots of your device: (Left Screen – Main Screen – Right Screen). The 3 shots are considered a single entry.
- You can only win ONE PRIZE. Limited to one entry per member.
- Winners will be asked to reveal the tools and tricks used to create their winning entry. This will be shared on the site as part of the winning announcements.
- Submissions must be in JPG, BMP, or PNG file formats and no larger than 5 MB.
- It's gotta be real - no fakes.
- At least one screenshot must contain the date and it must be between 10/24 - 11/04
- All entries will remain anonymous during the voting.
- Submissions will be accepted from 10/24 to 11.59pm EST 11/04.
- Entries MUST be received by 6PM EST 11/04
- Voting will begin on 11/07.
- Voting will be closed on 11/9
- Winners will be announced on 11/10
- When you are ready to enter your work of art send it via email to Serpico@android.net … Copy & Paste this form into your submission email. Be sure to fill out each required part before submitting:
DroidForums.net Android Screenshot Smackdown Submission Form
1: My Email Address:
2: My device Make:
3: My device Model:
4: My device Android OS version:
5: Stock or Rooted?:
6: Category Number I wish to enter (1, 2, 3 or 4):
The site you are registered with for your device model above (droidforums.net, thunderboltforums.com, etc.):
7: Site registered with:
Your logon name for the above site:
8: My logon name:
*** Don’t forget to attach you screen shot(s): Left – Main – Right ***
If you're not sure how to take a screenshot of your device, visit your favorite forums site and search for "Screenshot how to". If there isn't already a topic on taking screenshots on your device ask the friendly folks there and you'll have the answer in no time!
Best of luck to everyone!