DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Droid 3 HD Dock Giveaway

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid 4
    I would like to win the droid3 hd dock because i have a large hdtv and am also visually impared only see 20/400 in left eye nothing in right eye and would love to view my videos, pics, and send texts messages using my big screen televisin to save on eye strain and make everything look better
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    gobrill
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    My poor Droid Bionic is laid up on its back -- always staring up at the ceiling. It treats me so well, I just want to give it back something special, like the ability to sit upright. I want my Bionic to be able to look across the room at me and my smiling family, and realize how much we love it.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    gobrill
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrill177 View Post
    My poor Droid Bionic is laid up on its back -- always staring up at the ceiling. It treats me so well, I just want to give it back something special, like the ability to sit upright. I want my Bionic to be able to look across the room at me and my smiling family, and realize how much we love it.
    Ok, I'm not too sharp at the moment. Apparently I'm nuts and I can't read for shiz. I respectfully undo my last post and contest entry.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2

Luck of the Draw x 2

Because I didn't have a Droid 3 until today when i called Verizon for warranty repair on my D2 and they informed me that I would be getting a D3 instead of a D2 or D2G. They told me today was the first day they would be doing this. I won one lucky draw!!!! Can I win another??? What will I do with my D2 Dock
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID 3
    I need it I all my money is spent on my kids and bills

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid 3
    You should pick me because when your a single father raising three small kids under six purchasing a much needed dock station can't be squeezed into the budget. However when I can catch a break I enjoy spending time in this forum. Thanks

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    matthewrebmann
    Phone
    Droid 3

I Sleep Walk...

So this is going to be a long story... but I sed to have a Droid 2.

The story goes:
    I was supposed to go to a party a town over, and I had just come from graduation party for a friends younger sibling in a town about a 25 minute bike ride on the other side of where I live. I had just gotten home and I called the coworkers who's party I was to attend to find out when I should arrive at this party. It turned out that the house the party was supposed to be at was out of the question, so it was moved... back to the town I had just ridden from, but about twice as far into it. So I was kind of pissed. It was eleven, and I was told I could be picked up but I'd have to crash there and for whatever reason I refused: I really hate being stuck somewhere only to get home at the whim of someone else- It's a pet peeve.

So Being pissed, I decided to lay in bed and watch the deadliest warrior. This particular episode? The Green Berets Vs. The Speznas. I was dozing off as I was watching this episode and just before I finished, I remember hearing them comparing the explosive damage of each side's individual grenades.

The next thing I know, I'm running around in circles turning over blankets and freaking out. I have a grenade in my hand and I'm not sure what I should do. Confused and panicking, I run out my bedroom door, and into the bathroom directly next to my bedroom, I fling open the window and jab the screen open, it doesn't budge. I wind up my arm for one final blow and whale the sweet-baby-jesus of the window. It flies out onto the garage directly built onto the side of the house and I lob the grenade out the window.

Within moments of throwing said grenade out the window, my mother comes running up the stairs and exclaims,
    "Matt, what the hell is going on?!"
    "Uh... I uh, what?"
    "What just happened?"
    "I... don't know? I think I was sleep walking"
    "Yeah."
    "Ok, I need to calm down and go back to bed"

So I head back to my room wich is only two full length steps from my my bedroom and I sit back onto my futon-bed and go to grab my phone. Now I'm puzzled. I look to see my phone which I thought I'd plugged into my dock, but I didn't see either anywhere. "Ok", I'm thinking. "Maybe I had it plugged in but laying on my chest as I feel asleep" which I've done before and it always gets unplugged as I roll over. So I throw my blankets around some more and my pillows and I can't see my phone. Then it dawns on me- I definitely remember having something semi small and thin in my hand as I was scurrying about in my slepwalking-1/10-awake-haze. I run to the bathroom window and look out on the garage but it's too dark to see anything. So I return with a flashlight moments later and I see something black on the shingles- it's my dock... but my phone is conspicuously missing. I definitely remember having something thinner in my hand than my dock.. so I run back into my room for one last check and it's no where to be found.

Realizing I don't have much more option than to look outside, I grab my flash light with a sinking feeling and head down the stairs out the door. I can already see something small in the distance. My heart drops even lower than my stomach. I keep walking and as I get closer I can already tell it's my phone. the battery and the back of the phone are strewn within 4 feet of the phone.

I chucked my phone 40 feet out the window, over the roof of the garage and passed two cars in the drive way and onto the cement and I leaned over to pick up the phone to see, miraculously, the screen is untouched. The back, however, is completely gouged, including the glass on the camera, but the phone is in one piece.

Having a glimmer of hope, I popped the battery back into the phone and attempted to boot it up. The flashing screen came up and read something along the lines of "Boot loader corrupt" (I'll edit my post with with a picture of the bootloader screen and the font and back of the phone when I get home.)

So I run inside, having a very minor knowledge of what I was looking at from flashing Fission ROM by Angdroid to my phone, and grab the Windows 7 Laptop that had RSD Lite installed to it. I had hoped that seeing this screen that I might able to just reflash Android back onto my device and It'll be ok.

It was 1:30am when I had completed four failed flashes to my device- I gave up. I called my father, whose plan I am tied to, to inform him that I'd need a new phone shorty. Luckily enough after a week of using a friends OG Droid, a phone I'd had previous to my Droid 2, that I was able to take someone else upgrade on the line for my own. Sadly this is how I acquired my most recent phone, which I love- and hate.

So in-short, I have a ridiculously funny sleepwalking problem, which all of my friends, family and very much my mother, find incredibly entertaining.

My GPS car mount is now useless to me, which I donated to a friend, as well as my dock for my now defunct Droid 2. To top things off, the charging cable that came with my Dock and the charging cable that came with my Droid 2 do not work anymore, as of this past month.

I do enjoy having at least two methods to charge my phone, one to keep in my bag for when I'm with a friend, at work or at classes, incase I over use my battery and charger for home use to keep next to my bed or computer.

I may not be the most deserving person of this giveaway, but I hope my story at least elicited a few good chuckles or even a legitimate cry of laughter.

Enjoy my story

-Matthew

Destroyed my poor baby Droid 2:
    Front of Droid 2
    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...-21-06_537.jpg
    Gouged back of Droid 2
    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...-46-12_347.jpg
    Code Corrupt on Flashing Screen- Droid 2
    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...-23-02_733.jpg

----------------------------
    -Proud Owner of the OG Droid, Droid 2, and now the Droid 3.-
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3, Rooted,Steel Droid V3
    I believe i should win this dock becuase this is my first smartphone the droid 3 and my wife did to. Also im also always on droid forums helping others that i can with knowledge of this phone. Thanks
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    because im a college student who just spend my cash on gears 3 and i really need the doc to do...umm...school stuff
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I keep trying to show my fiance and my mom why they need to join the developing world and get some Droids. I think the HD Dock would help me in this mission.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Links