DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Wife's OG Droid

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    wife - droid 1 hubby - droidx

Wife's OG Droid

I need a bit of help, I have the Droid X and use the sister forum and I am rooted and running Apex and love it. Well, my wife had to have a keyboard when we got phones so she has the OG Droid. Well, the phone is getting to the point of death but I know Cyanogen mod can save it, but I don't know how different the rooting process is or how it has changed over time. I see the installation thread above, is that first post up to date? Just download ROM manager?

Also, my wife's main problem is the phone memory (her SD card has 7 gigs available but eh phone is always around 40mb or so). Will cyanogen help with that?

Lastly, is there any functionality that will be lost on cyanogen for the OG? GPS is fine? all that?

Post Last question, step one says root the og, what method is used on the og?

Thanks for the help, I hope to get it up and running tonight if I everything lines up.

3. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    1034 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobniborg View Post
    I need a bit of help, I have the Droid X and use the sister forum and I am rooted and running Apex and love it. Well, my wife had to have a keyboard when we got phones so she has the OG Droid. Well, the phone is getting to the point of death but I know Cyanogen mod can save it, but I don't know how different the rooting process is or how it has changed over time. I see the installation thread above, is that first post up to date? Just download ROM manager?

Also, my wife's main problem is the phone memory (her SD card has 7 gigs available but eh phone is always around 40mb or so). Will cyanogen help with that?

Lastly, is there any functionality that will be lost on cyanogen for the OG? GPS is fine? all that?

Post Last question, step one says root the og, what method is used on the og?

Thanks for the help, I hope to get it up and running tonight if I everything lines up.

You dont need rom manager. Follow this to get it rooted: Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version If you have any questions, just ask in that thread or here. Then you can flash a rom.

4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    wife - droid 1 hubby - droidx
    Thanks CJM, and wow, that is detailed. I only have a windows 7 at home so I may take her phone to work with me where I have access to a xp phone.
  5. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    1034 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobniborg View Post
    Thanks CJM, and wow, that is detailed. I only have a windows 7 at home so I may take her phone to work with me where I have access to a xp phone.
    Yes it is detailed, all of Motocache1's post are lol. Just take your time and read through it before you try it. If you need help, just ask.

Links