DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Navigation Reboots - Winner/Deprimed

  1. Beta Team
    sbenson's Avatar
    Member #
    162628
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Virginia/DC Metro Area
    Posts
    2,372
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    #31
    Quote Originally Posted by droidwire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sbenson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by droidwire View Post

    how can I change OOM

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    ....... just need Verizon to give us a phone that's worthy of a two year contract...
    thanks for the info.

    for reasons I cannot figure out winner00 build rc4 38 is the only one nav/map.. I used it with last three kernels from prime and it works great no fc no reboot etc. have you tried 38.


    edit; I did not see keep alive or priority option in AMM I only see kill and whitelist is there a different version.

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    No, there's only one version.

    When you open the app, you should be on the slider page. From there, bring up the menu > running processes > List > (find your app). When you click on the app you will see the following from top to bottom: Process Details, Kill, Always keep alive, Increase Priority and Lower Priority. If not, something is wrong, or maybe you have the wrong app. Auto Memory Manager.
  2. Junior Droid
    droidwire's Avatar
    Member #
    174386
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    27
    Phone
    droid
    #32
    Quote Originally Posted by sbenson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by droidwire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sbenson View Post
    ....... just need Verizon to give us a phone that's worthy of a two year contract...
    thanks for the info.

    for reasons I cannot figure out winner00 build rc4 38 is the only one nav/map.. I used it with last three kernels from prime and it works great no fc no reboot etc. have you tried 38.


    edit; I did not see keep alive or priority option in AMM I only see kill and whitelist is there a different version.

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    No, there's only one version.

    When you open the app, you should be on the slider page. From there, bring up the menu > running processes > List > (find your app). When you click on the app you will see the following from top to bottom: Process Details, Kill, Always keep alive, Increase Priority and Lower Priority. If not, something is wrong, or maybe you have the wrong app. Auto Memory Manager.
    thanks I figured out I was in nonroot mode in AMM

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. Master Droid
    meishkov's Avatar
    Member #
    37113
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    958
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    #33
    Hey droidwire, so wait...if you give auto memory manager "su" permissions, it can increase OOM priority for listed apps? Like if the browser is listed in the 4th of 5th slot out of the 6, you can increase priority on it, and it will move up to a higher slot? Like the 2nd or 3rd slot, so that it won't get killed as quickly?? That would be really amazing...but it probably wouldn't stick on reboot would it? Might have to use zepp's bulletproof app thread over on xda.
  4. Senior Droid
    itchn2go's Avatar
    Member #
    114921
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    114
    Phone
    Treo> Cento> Droid1> Rezound
    #34
    you are correct on all.

    Quote Originally Posted by meishkov View Post
    Hey droidwire, so wait...if you give auto memory manager "su" permissions, it can increase OOM priority for listed apps? Like if the browser is listed in the 4th of 5th slot out of the 6, you can increase priority on it, and it will move up to a higher slot? Like the 2nd or 3rd slot, so that it won't get killed as quickly?? That would be really amazing...but it probably wouldn't stick on reboot would it? Might have to use zepp's bulletproof app thread over on xda.
  5. Junior Droid
    droidwire's Avatar
    Member #
    174386
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    27
    Phone
    droid
    #35
    Quote Originally Posted by meishkov View Post
    Hey droidwire, so wait...if you give auto memory manager "su" permissions, it can increase OOM priority for listed apps? Like if the browser is listed in the 4th of 5th slot out of the 6, you can increase priority on it, and it will move up to a higher slot? Like the 2nd or 3rd slot, so that it won't get killed as quickly?? That would be really amazing...but it probably wouldn't stick on reboot would it? Might have to use zepp's bulletproof app thread over on xda.
    yes under preferences don't select non root auto clean

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  6. Master Droid
    meishkov's Avatar
    Member #
    37113
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    958
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    #36
    Wow ...that's intense stuff!! Question though. Is there any drawbacks to locking multiple apps in memory, aka bulletproofing them using Zeppelin's method over on xda? In applications /running services, I have SetCPU and titanium backup that often just say "restarting" , especially if I stop a few useless apps that are running. Messaging is already locked in using cyanogenmod settings in the settings menu. But I'd just want like the browser for sure, so everytime I go to the home screen then back to the browser it won't have to refresh the page, SetCPU, and titanium, since messaging is already taken care of.

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    Last edited by meishkov; 04-29-2011 at 06:52 AM.
  7. Senior Droid
    itchn2go's Avatar
    Member #
    114921
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    114
    Phone
    Treo> Cento> Droid1> Rezound
    #37
    too many apps locked in memory will not leave enough memory for normal running and cause resets.

    Quote Originally Posted by meishkov View Post
    Wow ...that's intense stuff!! Question though. Is there any drawbacks to locking multiple apps in memory, aka bulletproofing them using Zeppelin's method over on xda? In applications /running services, I have SetCPU and titanium backup that often just say "restarting" , especially if I stop a few useless apps that are running. Messaging is already locked in using cyanogenmod settings in the settings menu. But I'd just want like the browser for sure, so everytime I go to the home screen then back to the browser it won't have to refresh the page, SetCPU, and titanium, since messaging is already taken care of.

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  8. Beta Team
    sbenson's Avatar
    Member #
    162628
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Virginia/DC Metro Area
    Posts
    2,372
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    #38
    To the OP,

    Did you ever get nav to work without rebooting? I had a hell of a time with this so I decided to try Peter Alfonso's GPA15 rom and nav is working great now. No reboots so far.

    I'm very sad cm isn't working like I'd like it to for my phone because I love all of the features. However, my phone seems to be at peace with whatever Pete is cooking up in his code. If you're still having trouble, you might want to check it out.
  9. Senior Droid
    itchn2go's Avatar
    Member #
    114921
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    114
    Phone
    Treo> Cento> Droid1> Rezound
    #39
    Thanks for the info. Nav is not perfect but better with AMM adjustments. I will check GPA 15. are you using the kernel included in GPA15? what kind of battery life and temps do you get?



    Quote Originally Posted by sbenson View Post
    To the OP,

    Did you ever get nav to work without rebooting? I had a hell of a time with this so I decided to try Peter Alfonso's GPA15 rom and nav is working great now. No reboots so far.

    I'm very sad cm isn't working like I'd like it to for my phone because I love all of the features. However, my phone seems to be at peace with whatever Pete is cooking up in his code. If you're still having trouble, you might want to check it out.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. 5.1 random reboots while using navigation
    By z96Cobra in forum ChevyNo1
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-24-2011, 01:00 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 10:19 PM
  3. Winner of the February Case Contest!
    By danDroid in forum Android News
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-13-2010, 07:45 PM

Search tags for this page

cm7 navigation reboot

,
cyanogenmod 7 navigation reboot
,

cyanogenmod navigation reboot

,
deprimed kernel droid download
,
droid navigation reboot
,
navigation reboot cm7
,
peter vs deprimed
,

winner00 droid

,
winner00 droid forums
,

winner00 rom

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+