DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Navigation Reboots - Winner/Deprimed

1. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    Quote Originally Posted by droidwire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sbenson View Post

how can I change OOM

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    ....... just need Verizon to give us a phone that's worthy of a two year contract...
    thanks for the info.

for reasons I cannot figure out winner00 build rc4 38 is the only one nav/map.. I used it with last three kernels from prime and it works great no fc no reboot etc. have you tried 38.

edit; I did not see keep alive or priority option in AMM I only see kill and whitelist is there a different version.

No, there's only one version.

When you open the app, you should be on the slider page. From there, bring up the menu > running processes > List > (find your app). When you click on the app you will see the following from top to bottom: Process Details, Kill, Always keep alive, Increase Priority and Lower Priority. If not, something is wrong, or maybe you have the wrong app. Auto Memory Manager.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    ....... just need Verizon to give us a phone that's worthy of a two year contract...
    thanks for the info.

for reasons I cannot figure out winner00 build rc4 38 is the only one nav/map.. I used it with last three kernels from prime and it works great no fc no reboot etc. have you tried 38.

edit; I did not see keep alive or priority option in AMM I only see kill and whitelist is there a different version.

No, there's only one version.

When you open the app, you should be on the slider page. From there, bring up the menu > running processes > List > (find your app). When you click on the app you will see the following from top to bottom: Process Details, Kill, Always keep alive, Increase Priority and Lower Priority. If not, something is wrong, or maybe you have the wrong app. Auto Memory Manager.
    thanks I figured out I was in nonroot mode in AMM

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Hey droidwire, so wait...if you give auto memory manager "su" permissions, it can increase OOM priority for listed apps? Like if the browser is listed in the 4th of 5th slot out of the 6, you can increase priority on it, and it will move up to a higher slot? Like the 2nd or 3rd slot, so that it won't get killed as quickly?? That would be really amazing...but it probably wouldn't stick on reboot would it? Might have to use zepp's bulletproof app thread over on xda.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Treo> Cento> Droid1> Rezound
    you are correct on all.

Quote Originally Posted by meishkov View Post
    Hey droidwire, so wait...if you give auto memory manager "su" permissions, it can increase OOM priority for listed apps? Like if the browser is listed in the 4th of 5th slot out of the 6, you can increase priority on it, and it will move up to a higher slot? Like the 2nd or 3rd slot, so that it won't get killed as quickly?? That would be really amazing...but it probably wouldn't stick on reboot would it? Might have to use zepp's bulletproof app thread over on xda.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    yes under preferences don't select non root auto clean

6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Wow ...that's intense stuff!! Question though. Is there any drawbacks to locking multiple apps in memory, aka bulletproofing them using Zeppelin's method over on xda? In applications /running services, I have SetCPU and titanium backup that often just say "restarting" , especially if I stop a few useless apps that are running. Messaging is already locked in using cyanogenmod settings in the settings menu. But I'd just want like the browser for sure, so everytime I go to the home screen then back to the browser it won't have to refresh the page, SetCPU, and titanium, since messaging is already taken care of.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    Last edited by meishkov; 04-29-2011 at 06:52 AM.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    too many apps locked in memory will not leave enough memory for normal running and cause resets.

Wow ...that's intense stuff!! Question though. Is there any drawbacks to locking multiple apps in memory, aka bulletproofing them using Zeppelin's method over on xda? In applications /running services, I have SetCPU and titanium backup that often just say "restarting" , especially if I stop a few useless apps that are running. Messaging is already locked in using cyanogenmod settings in the settings menu. But I'd just want like the browser for sure, so everytime I go to the home screen then back to the browser it won't have to refresh the page, SetCPU, and titanium, since messaging is already taken care of.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  8. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    To the OP,

Did you ever get nav to work without rebooting? I had a hell of a time with this so I decided to try Peter Alfonso's GPA15 rom and nav is working great now. No reboots so far.

I'm very sad cm isn't working like I'd like it to for my phone because I love all of the features. However, my phone seems to be at peace with whatever Pete is cooking up in his code. If you're still having trouble, you might want to check it out.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thanks for the info. Nav is not perfect but better with AMM adjustments. I will check GPA 15. are you using the kernel included in GPA15? what kind of battery life and temps do you get?

To the OP,

Did you ever get nav to work without rebooting? I had a hell of a time with this so I decided to try Peter Alfonso's GPA15 rom and nav is working great now. No reboots so far.

I'm very sad cm isn't working like I'd like it to for my phone because I love all of the features. However, my phone seems to be at peace with whatever Pete is cooking up in his code. If you're still having trouble, you might want to check it out.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Links