DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rant --

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    dual core is the way to go... I'm waiting...
    this article explains it -
    As you can see, even at 1.8GHz, myTouch 4G doesn’t stand a chance against the dual-core Tegra 2 processor which is running at 1GHz.
    http://androidevolutions.com/2011/03...-core-capable/
    Motorola Droid Maxx
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Twitter
    @init2winitapps
    Phone
    Moto Droid/HTC Evo 3D
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    My d1 still is the best thing going don't care what anyone says this thing still amazes me

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus [LTE]
    I just rooted a friend of mine's T-bolt last night and I was impressed. A few comments...

The T-bolt was actually a BEE-yatch to root. (not impossibly difficult, but I didn't expect to be fought every step of the way. Shame on HTC) The thing that took me the longest to figure out was the ADB drivers. They aren't listed on HTC's support site, WIN7 has no idea where they could be, and any other generic driver will fail during the rooting proces (only after 10 minutes of pretending its pushing files).

Only after wifi tethering my OGDroid to download a 700+mb file did I realize that verizon is offering free wired tether on the thunderbolt until the middle of may. (20 minute download would only have taken 3!) I was with my buddy when he got the phone and the rep didn't mention it at all.

I would absolutely wait for a dual core phone, despite the awesome speed of the thunderbolt. I go to bed every night hoping that my dream phone comes out before verizon's mobile phone 4g is tiered data only.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid, Droid X
    I went and checked out the tbolt yesterday and to be honest I wasn't that impressed. I was expecting it to be totally lag free from what everyone's been saying but I think my D1 runs smoother on the homescreens than the tbolt did. Obviously it was a store model so people have put a bunch of stuff on it plus the bloatware's there but still. I could and definitely would root and rom it and I'm sure the experience would be lag free after that but stock I didn't come away extremely impressed by the tbolt. Of course it's way better than the lagtrocity that the DX or D2/G are because of blur.
  5. Soulless Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    zerosouls
    Phone
    Razr
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gambit07 View Post
    I went and checked out the tbolt yesterday and to be honest I wasn't that impressed. I was expecting it to be totally lag free from what everyone's been saying but I think my D1 runs smoother on the homescreens than the tbolt did. Obviously it was a store model so people have put a bunch of stuff on it plus the bloatware's there but still. I could and definitely would root and rom it and I'm sure the experience would be lag free after that but stock I didn't come away extremely impressed by the tbolt. Of course it's way better than the lagtrocity that the DX or D2/G are because of blur.
    I've compared many store models to my own phones and their always incomparable to the phones I own. Don't just pick up a phone off the ground and label it as the front runner for its model. That is all
    Feel like a geek?: http://gplus.to/GeekPlus
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    hothfox
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515
    I won't be picking up a phone to play with until my upgrade time comes, because I'm sure I'll have device envy. My Droid 1 is running well, and I still have so much more I can customize. It is a great first Android phone for me, and when the time does come to get rid of it, I'll sure miss it.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Quote Originally Posted by danceswithbongs View Post
    Could those of you with the TBOLT, or have access to one, answer a question I have about that phone.
    I have heard some mixed reviews regarding the battery life.
    2 negative reviews came straight from 2 guys working for Big Red, and for 2 plus years they have constantly hooked me up with info and assistance across the board.
    But they don't own one so I wanted to get opinions from those who use the phone, for more than just a day.
    Thanks for any info you can share.
    danceswithbongs
    I personally get great batt life on my TB adrynalyne's 4.3b kernel. 4g is draining but smartass governor gets my phone through the day. And kernel development is still young on this device so it will only get better... I don't regret switching at all. The thunderbolt is a great device
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Phone
    Home
    Thanks everyone for the info on your experiences.
    Very helpful, much appreciated

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
    danceswithbongs
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links