DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CM7 RC4 - No BT Dialer Voice

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    Well it worked inserting directly into winner's #39 build, but I have the same things going on as you, except I did get the tones on cancelling Voice Search. I don't use DSP manager, but it is nice to have everything working.

Thanks again, now to find a way to get cvpcs or winner on this . . .
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid, Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoDrtRider View Post
    I use Vlingo for my BT voice commands and when I switched to RC4 and tried Vlingo it prompted me to DL an app called "Speech Synthesis Data Installer" because speech files were missing from my system...

https://market.android.com/details?i...=order_history
    Thanks for the vlingo recommendation, works awesome with my bluetooth motorcycle helmet, way better than voice search for texting/calling since it's all hands free. The interesting thing with that is that voice prompts work if I don't have music on in the background. If I do voice prompts don't play.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    Well, I'd like to resurrect this one and see what's up. Has this issue been fixed in 7.0.2 for the A855? I haven't seen much in the gerrit commits to lead me to believe it has.

Also, with the fix I was using in this thread on winner's #46 build and choice dialer plus I found another interesting thing. I couldn't answer the phone with pressing my bt headset button, nor could I end the call. It just opened choice dialer, ??? Probably some setting in choice dialer, but I'm going back to my cm6.2 backup for more testing.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Nada, nothing yet. I emailed cvpcs myself earlier, indicating the things I fould with libaudiopolicy, and I still believe that is where the issue lies.

Changing it will get you full BT voice usage, at the expence of a few other things specific to this ROM breaking. (See earlier posts)
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I couldn't find an open bug report for this. Does anyone know if there is one?
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    No, but I've just taken my first logcat so I can go and open one as the issue is still NOT fixed, AARRGHH!

And to top it off, (I posted this also in the similar thread over at cyanogenmod forums) the 'fix' in this thread for me only gives voice back, however it borks the use of the button on my H500 headset to where it ONLY opens the dialer. It will NOT answer the phone, nor end the call.

Edit: ok started a bug report. Issue #3636. Lets see it we can get enough to fix this! Thx
    Last edited by teddyearp; 04-29-2011 at 12:41 PM.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    RW-1, did you get any response from cvpcs? I know I'm kicking this issue on two sites/threads that we both are on/watching which is not my norm, but FTW, I'm REALLY wanting to see this fixed because other than this BIG defect, I really like CM7.x.x.

THX.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid A855

@rw-1

RW-1,
    I'm having the same BT Voice Dialer issue (no "Speak Now"). I'm on the CM 7.2.0 install. I saw your VoiceDialer.zip file that had the 2 ***.so files inside. But, being quite new at this, I'm not sure how to replace the 2 files in my system with these 2 files. Can you tell me how you did it?
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 1 +CM7

Re: CM7 RC4 - No BT Dialer Voice

My solution to this problem on my old D1 was to run Vlingo. Free and functional.

Actually, this was the issue that delayed my getting a Droid when they launched. Shame that it is still haunting people.

I would suggest trying Steel Droid ROM. It's one of the most reliable and still is updated by the dev.

sent via DInc2 on Aerobean
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    Quote Originally Posted by noexit23 View Post
    RW-1,
    I'm having the same BT Voice Dialer issue (no "Speak Now"). I'm on the CM 7.2.0 install. I saw your VoiceDialer.zip file that had the 2 ***.so files inside. But, being quite new at this, I'm not sure how to replace the 2 files in my system with these 2 files. Can you tell me how you did it?
    You can ether use a file manager that will allow you to mount system as read/write and copy and paste them that way, or I believe I have a flashable .zip file in my collection linked in my sig that you can use in recovery. It's called "BTFixforCM7-teddys-update.zip".

good luck
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links