DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CM7 RC4 - No BT Dialer Voice

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    I realize that Pete has a huge and loyal fan base, he always has since his very beginning over at the old alldroid.org. I remember his first roms being just a nandroid backup from his phone done with SPRecovery that you then used SPRecovery to install as a restore. I am just putting out the possiblity that he may be building from froyo source and putting enough ginberbread elements/edits into it to call it a gb rom. But I am sure I am wrong. I just wonder why his is the only gb rom with this feature working.

Anyways RW-1, if you do know how we can get it to work for CM7 as you hinted you could, please do and share with us.

Thank you.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Maxx
    I use Vlingo for my BT voice commands and when I switched to RC4 and tried Vlingo it prompted me to DL an app called "Speech Synthesis Data Installer" because speech files were missing from my system...

https://market.android.com/details?i...=order_history
    Last edited by SnoDrtRider; 04-11-2011 at 10:36 AM.
    Moto Droid Maxx... Stock... for now!
    Moto Droid Razr... 4.1.2 JB OTA installed and rooted using Matt's Utility... Thanks Matt!

Moto Xoom WiFi ... 4.2.2 JB Ported by Dreamcwli

Moto Sliver Bluetooth

Moto S11-Flex HD Wireless Stereo Headphones... Thanks Droid Forums!
  3. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR!
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Yea VLINGO is where it's at... seriously Google's Voice Dialer is terrible...
    The Mooooooon!
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    It was one of the few things that worked on my phone with Project Elit's GB ROM. Now I have CM7R4 and no voice for you!!
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I've never said I had to solution, just that it appeared to me that the GPA builds had it working.

I'm not going to debate what is pure GB or not, if it can't be done with GB files, then why not just port over the files that would allow it to function and call it done?

What I fould from Pete was that the voice broke on one build when trying to build libaudio from source. To just get it working for the build he used to libaudio from FRG83G.

Now if that is all that is needed, I would like to think that the team over at CM would consider that.

I'm only loyal to what works for me, I know Pete builds from source, one of the reasons there was such a delay in seeing the "stock" GB GPA builds to begin with. Everyone else came out with froyo/GB modded ROMS, and a couple of months later, here we were, 2.3.3. . .

I believe we have a misunderstanding here on when I said Pure, let me rephrase it to be built from source. I feel I can say with certainty that unless it was something such as the BT that it just would not work, everything else came from 2.3.3 itself.

And if not, then at least by knowing what needed to be replaced in the ROM to get it working narrows down what needs to be looked at (libaudio)

In the meantime I may go back to CM #36 from #38 because in daylight the auto brightness seems really wonked ...
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    Huh. I guess I missunderstood your "We worked with Pete to get it back" in post number 6. And, I apologize about my 'high and mighty' stuff and debate about pure GB rom's. That is not the topic of this thread.

So, on the topic, I did take the /system/lib/libaudio.so file from working CM6 and try it on winner's CM7 and no worky. I would be willing to try more things as well. The funky thing is that I use Choice Dialer to handle my dialing as it's close to what I had on my earlier Moto phones; anyways on CM7 without BT on, a long press on the search button will bring up choice dialer's voice over the phone's speakerphone, but over BT, the voice is silent. Maybe I'll look to some of the other lib files in /system/lib.

Any other suggestions? Thanks.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Try this one for me, or at least compare the two. Included policy as well.
    Attached Files
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    I didn't bother comparing them, suffice it to say that these files worked. Both Choice Dialer and the 'stock' voice dialer gave me prompts in my Moto H500 headset. Thank you.

The gnarly details: I took the two files and put them in my system update.zip template file so I could install while in recovery. I backup up my current rom in rom manager, then once done caught it to stay in recovery. I restored my winner #36 build, flashed the two files via the update.zip template file and then rebooted.

Now I believe I will try them with winner's latest #39 build by directly including/replacing them in /system/lib and see what happens with a clean install.

Thank you again RW-1. I will also post my results over @ CM forums. I probably should post my 'update.zip' file soon for others if it seems to be as good of a solution as I have so far found.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    RW-1, your libaudio files work for me (so far) on rc4. I didn't go the update.zip route, though. Simply backed up, then using Root Explorer, renamed existing the files, copied your versions to /system/lib, changed permissions to match old files and rebooted.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    That's good to hear! You're welcome.

Basically those are FRG83 X versions of those files, so my wanting a dev to compare them might lead us to why the GB builds of them don't work on the OG.

Seems this does fix BT, but ... for me on nightly #39:

Gives issues with google voice search (no tones if one cancels it, though it does search)

Regular voice dialer on the phone not working now, will start up but still in Bt voice dialer mode.

DSP Manager FC's

So like I was saying this is a libaudio/libaudio policy issue, and likely can be corrected, but I think someone more advanced than I am will have to compare the files..

Update: further testing, leaving the older libaudio.so and going back to the CM libaudiopolicy file gets all the other apps working, but disables the BT dialer voice, so to me this means it may just be something in libaudiopolicy that needs fixing ...
    Last edited by RW-1; 04-14-2011 at 07:34 AM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links