DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: bekit Kernel compatible with CM6.1.2?

  1. Junior Droid
    ti-force's Avatar
    Member #
    34690
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    bekit Kernel compatible with CM6.1.2?

    Hey guys, I'm new to all of this and I have some questions. I recently rooted my Droid, installed CM6.1.2 and I'm thrilled with the results and now I'm interested in overclocking . I have Rom Manager Premium, and looking under 'Download ROM': 'CyanogenMod', I only see bekit Kernels (0.8.4). Is this compatible with CM 6.1.2? I've searched and searched on here and elsewhere to find info on this, but I've been unsuccessful. If there's already a thread about this I apologize, and if you could please supply me a direct link I don't mind reading. I'm also planning to purchase SetCPU, but I wanted to check here first.

    Thanks!
  2. Master Droid
    mightybrick's Avatar
    Member #
    4213
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    So. Utah
    Posts
    272
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    kcorbnamron
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by ti-force View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new to all of this and I have some questions. I recently rooted my Droid, installed CM6.1.2 and I'm thrilled with the results and now I'm interested in overclocking . I have Rom Manager Premium, and looking under 'Download ROM': 'CyanogenMod', I only see bekit Kernels (0.8.4). Is this compatible with CM 6.1.2? I've searched and searched on here and elsewhere to find info on this, but I've been unsuccessful. If there's already a thread about this I apologize, and if you could please supply me a direct link I don't mind reading. I'm also planning to purchase SetCPU, but I wanted to check here first.

    Thanks!
    I don't believe bekit ever updated his kernels for froyo. They only work on eclair (2.1 based) builds. For froyo you can check out slayher kernels which are under "liquid froyo" in rom manager. They should work fine with 6.1.2.
  3. Junior Droid
    ti-force's Avatar
    Member #
    34690
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybrick View Post
    I don't believe bekit ever updated his kernels for froyo. They only work on eclair (2.1 based) builds. For froyo you can check out slayher kernels which are under "liquid froyo" in rom manager. They should work fine with 6.1.2.
    Thanks! That info is greatly appreciated .
  4. Master Droid
    mightybrick's Avatar
    Member #
    4213
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    So. Utah
    Posts
    272
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    kcorbnamron
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ti-force View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybrick View Post
    I don't believe bekit ever updated his kernels for froyo. They only work on eclair (2.1 based) builds. For froyo you can check out slayher kernels which are under "liquid froyo" in rom manager. They should work fine with 6.1.2.
    Thanks! That info is greatly appreciated .
    No problem.
  5. Beta Team
    sbenson's Avatar
    Member #
    162628
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Virginia/DC Metro Area
    Posts
    2,372
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    #5
    Before you purchase setCPU, check out CPU tuner (it's FREE). Nothing against setCPU, but CPU tuner gives you a lot more options with how to manage your kernel. I used to use setCPU, but have since moved on to CPU tuner and have not looked back.

    Also, CPU tuner is a bit daunting at first, but once you dig into the settings it's really quite simple.
  6. Junior Droid
    ti-force's Avatar
    Member #
    34690
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by sbenson View Post
    Before you purchase setCPU, check out CPU tuner (it's FREE). Nothing against setCPU, but CPU tuner gives you a lot more options with how to manage your kernel. I used to use setCPU, but have since moved on to CPU tuner and have not looked back.

    Also, CPU tuner is a bit daunting at first, but once you dig into the settings it's really quite simple.
    Thanks! I'll try that.
  7. Soulless Droid
    zerosouls's Avatar
    Member #
    67853
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Menzoberranzan
    Posts
    1,100
    Twitter
    zerosouls
    Phone
    Razr
    Premium Member
    #7
    FYI - CM7 offers it's own CPU scaling and customization. The only thing I would use SetCPU for would be for the profiles, but otherwise CM7 handles kernels greatly.

    But that is only if you are willing to move over to CM7 RC4.

    Just a side thought
    Feel like a geek?: http://gplus.to/GeekPlus
  8. Junior Droid
    ti-force's Avatar
    Member #
    34690
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by zerosouls View Post
    FYI - CM7 offers it's own CPU scaling and customization. The only thing I would use SetCPU for would be for the profiles, but otherwise CM7 handles kernels greatly.

    But that is only if you are willing to move over to CM7 RC4.

    Just a side thought
    Thanks! I didn't know CM7 had its own CPU scaling and customization. I've wanted to switch to CM7, but I've been hesitant because it's not yet a stable release. I've read that CM7 is in its final stages, so does that mean I'd have a very good chance of not having any problems with CM7? As I mentioned earlier, I'm still new to this, and I haven't yet learned how it all (or most of it) works, the terminology, or how to diagnose, troubleshoot, etc.

    I've made it this far by reading/watching a lot of informative/how-to videos and posts, and informative posts by all of the kind people who are willing to share their time and knowledge showing newbies like myself how to do this stuff .

    Thanks again for your time.
  9. Beta Team
    sbenson's Avatar
    Member #
    162628
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Virginia/DC Metro Area
    Posts
    2,372
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    #9
    It's quite stable in my opinion. Day to day use is great and everything works as it should. The only nagging issue is the 3g not coming back automatically after a call or loss of service. It's easy enough to fix by toggling airplane mode, but it's still a huge pain in my arse.
  10. Senior Droid
    thepolishguy's Avatar
    Member #
    110750
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    105
    Phone
    Droid X
    #10
    I just wanted to chime in. I have been using the CM7 nightlies for a couple of months. They are very stable. as the aboce poster stated - the biggest "bug" is that after you make a phone call - your 3G does not immediately return. Mine returns on its own 90% of the time after about 15 seconds without having to toggle airplane mode. Some people have had worse experiences.

    Plus cm7 is Gingerbread - so there are pluses and minuses. On the plus side - it is more visually appealing (to me) and supposed to be easier on your battery. You get the GB multi touch keyboard. Plus, come on, its Gingerbread on the D1 -that's cool. On the minus side GB was meant for more powerful phones so it can really dog down on the D1 (just my experience). But there are some great overclocked kernels available. I run Gingerbread at 1200mhz and get decent performance and decent battery (all day medium use).

    So just my .02 cents.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 04:30 PM
  2. bekit kernel froyo=bad
    By Rsswga in forum Android Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 08:24 AM
  3. What happened to bekit?
    By chron12 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 07:52 PM
  4. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 07:11 PM
  5. Bekit Kernel problems with UDNE
    By TedWilliams in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 09:10 PM

Search tags for this page

bekit kernel

,

bekit kernels

,

bekit kernels cm7

,

bekits kernel

,
cm6 intercept
,
cyanogenmod 6.1.2 for intercept
,

cyanogenmod 6.1.2 samsung intercept

,
download cm6.1.2
,
droid 1 cm6 kernel
,
droid cm6 overclock
,
how to install cm6 on samsung intercept
,
kernels compatable with cm7 samsung intercept
,
overclock kernel samsung intercept
,
samsung intercept kernels
,

samsung intercept overclock kernel

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+