DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Cyano 6.1.2 + Gingerbread Enhanced... Some Apps Not Compatible?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Cyano 6.1.2 + Gingerbread Enhanced... Some Apps Not Compatible?

Hey all,

I just recently flashed my Motorola Droid (OG 1st Gen) with the Cyanogenmod 6.1.2 ROM and the Gingerbread Enhanced theme. So far, I'm loving the freedom I have with everything now! It's like I have a whole new phone.

However, I noticed that certain apps won't install to my phone - Foursquare and Tweetdeck most namely. I try to get these from the Android Market online, and they say that my phone is not compatible?

Is there a way of getting compatibility with my device to these apps? I just used these two as examples, but there are a few more that I would like to have back.

Thanks!

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1 *Root*
    Quote Originally Posted by JSClark View Post
    Hey all,

I just recently flashed my Motorola Droid (OG 1st Gen) with the Cyanogenmod 6.1.2 ROM and the Gingerbread Enhanced theme. So far, I'm loving the freedom I have with everything now! It's like I have a whole new phone.

However, I noticed that certain apps won't install to my phone - Foursquare and Tweetdeck most namely. I try to get these from the Android Market online, and they say that my phone is not compatible?

Is there a way of getting compatibility with my device to these apps? I just used these two as examples, but there are a few more that I would like to have back.

Thanks!
    You should defiantly update to CM7. This may be a quick solution to your problem. Head over to the cyanogen section and look around for the right download. Here is a link to the Google apps which you will need ex) Market, Youtube.

Hope that helps,
    ~~1337~~
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by E1337Hax View Post
    Hey all,

Thanks!
    You should defiantly update to CM7. This may be a quick solution to your problem. Head over to the cyanogen section and look around for the right download. Here is a link to the Google apps which you will need ex) Market, Youtube.

Hope that helps,
    Sounds good. I have ROM Manager on my phone, and the CM7 RC2 file shows up. I'm a bit leary of running with a RC ROM though, are you on it now? How is it?

I'll head over and check it out.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Sounds good. I have ROM Manager on my phone, and the CM7 RC2 file shows up. I'm a bit leary of running with a RC ROM though, are you on it now? How is it?

I'll head over and check it out.
    I've been running CM7 nightlies since the first. There were a few annoying things way back, but its pretty stable now

Links