DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Apps2sd Thread!

Member #
    Twitter
    GoBigOrGoHome70
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Great thread, nice work, you've saved me a lot of time. A few notes for those that may follow later: once you've done all of the stuff as described, make sure to go to the Menu in Link2SD. This is where you can determine the space on your partition, move your Dalvik cache, etc. It took me a minute or two to figure this out.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Thanks guys for this info.

Running Project Elite 4.2 with Deprimed Kernel

I spent several hours trying but I cannot get the ext3 partition to mount properly after a reboot.

Works fine, then I reboot and then all my Linked Apps are gone. I must do a Hot Reboot to get them back.

I tried the 99complete script and also from deprimed thread changing 11link2sd and no luck.
    Goodbye Droid...Hello Nexus!!!!
  3. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaine88 View Post
    Thanks guys for this info.

Running Project Elite 4.2 with Deprimed Kernel

I spent several hours trying but I cannot get the ext3 partition to mount properly after a reboot.

Works fine, then I reboot and then all my Linked Apps are gone. I must do a Hot Reboot to get them back.

I tried the 99complete script and also from deprimed thread changing 11link2sd and no luck.

This is simple, but you didn't link the actual "Link2SD" app did you? If you did this, I believe your links will not work.

Mine worked fine too at first, but after a reboot, all of my links were broken. After some digging, I realized that I had linked the actual app by accident. I reinstalled Link2SD through Root Explorer and everything has been good since.

Edit: Not sure if it helps but I am using the 11link2sd file that the app created when I installed it. No modification should be needed as long as you created the right partition (i.e. ext3).

Verify that your 11link2sd file is correct:

Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    #added by link2sd
    sleep 2
    mount -t ext3 /dev/block/vold/179:2 /data/sdext2

mount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /data/sdext2
    Your permissions should be: rwxr-x---
    Last edited by sbenson; 04-06-2011 at 07:29 AM.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    zachdroid
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    In the cyanogen forum check out @primes kernel thread, titled break it if you can. Page 71 has the info that helped me. Simple scripting should get you right

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    Tapping screen as I talk to myself on my Bootstrapped Bionic
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by sbenson View Post

This is simple, but you didn't link the actual "Link2SD" app did you? If you did this, I believe your links will not work.

Mine worked fine too at first, but after a reboot, all of my links were broken. After some digging, I realized that I had linked the actual app by accident. I reinstalled Link2SD through Root Explorer and everything has been good since.

Edit: Not sure if it helps but I am using the 11link2sd file that the app created when I installed it. No modification should be needed as long as you created the right partition (i.e. ext3).

Verify that your 11link2sd file is correct:

Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    #added by link2sd
    sleep 2
    mount -t ext3 /dev/block/vold/179:2 /data/sdext2

mount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /data/sdext2
    Your permissions should be: rwxr-x---
    Thanks for the reply man. I did not link or put the Link2SD app on the SD card itself, and my 11link2sd file is identical to yours. I think I am going to have to use some scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by zachdroid View Post
    In the cyanogen forum check out @primes kernel thread, titled break it if you can. Page 71 has the info that helped me. Simple scripting should get you right

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    Thanks man, I went there and did this

Link2sd creates a /etc/init.d/11link2sd startup script, you should be able to get away with editing that file and changing it to read:

Code:
    umount /sd-ext
    modprobe ext4
    mount -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /data/sdext2
    Then reboot and hope for the be
    st

but wasn't able to get it working still
    Goodbye Droid...Hello Nexus!!!!
    Member #
    Twitter
    GoBigOrGoHome70
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Today Prime created a flashable zip which may help some of you. You should flash this pre-install of Link2SD, but I believe it works after install too. I don't believe you will need the 99Complete file from a previous post in this thread with this zip. I could be wrong, so someone jump in if I am. Prime tweeted the link, so I've reproduced his tweet below.

#cyanogenmod Link2SD Users: This is a link2sd pre-installation zip, it will remove /etc/init.d/05mountsd (mounts to /sd-ext) and replace it with a modified version that mounts (and scans if an issue is detected) the second (ext2/3/4) based SD Card partition using the ext4 driver.

You need to make certain /data/sdext2 exists before flashing the zip/using link2sd...this is a safety measure to prevent any possible mishaps with a previous /data/sdext2 setup.

Link2sd Pre-installation Flashable zip: http://bit.ly/gpGpKX
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Yesterday I spent about 5+ hours on trying to set up my Link2SD. I partitioned my SDcard to EXT2 Primary using Mini-Tool. It worked but then my SD card would not show up when I connected my phone to my computer, but it would show up in Mini-Tool. So I formated my SD card again and tried to setting up my Link2SD but I would get the mount error when I ran the app and chose EXT2. I did run the command in TE but it would give me an "Invalid argument" message. Can someone help me with this, please??
    My Droid:

-CyanongenMod 7 Nightlies .
    -Stock Kernel
  8. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    Do you have rom manager? That's how I did mine and it worked flawlessly.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by sbenson View Post
    Do you have rom manager? That's how I did mine and it worked flawlessly.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    I do but when I partitioned it using ROM Manager, it partitioned into ext3. What I'm wondering is why I get "invalid Argument" when I run the command in TE
    My Droid:

-CyanongenMod 7 Nightlies .
    -Stock Kernel
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by armin369 View Post
    Yesterday I spent about 5+ hours on trying to set up my Link2SD. I partitioned my SDcard to EXT2 Primary using Mini-Tool. It worked but then my SD card would not show up when I connected my phone to my computer, but it would show up in Mini-Tool. So I formated my SD card again and tried to setting up my Link2SD but I would get the mount error when I ran the app and chose EXT2. I did run the command in TE but it would give me an "Invalid argument" message. Can someone help me with this, please??
    If you are on CM7 you need to delete the 05mountsd script from /system/etc/init.d because it mounts the ext partition in a way that is not compatible with link2sd. If you are using the deprimed kernel by prime he has some links in the 3rd post that will install the proper scripts for using link2sd. With deprimed kernel you should be able to use ext2, ext3, or ext4.
    Project Elite v6.5 Link2SD for apps on sdext and Super Freaking Charged thanks to ZepplinRox!
    Thanks to all the devs out there keeping the OG Droid running strong!
    Join Dropbox for all your file storage and sharing needs, join from this link to give me more space
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links