DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: New to Cyanogenmod, couple questions

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

New to Cyanogenmod, couple questions

Decided to finally root my OG Droid, and the first custom ROM I decided to try is Cyanogenmod (6.1.2). I just have a few questions that I'm sure someone can answer (or at least point me in the right direction).

-In order to apply themes, do I need to repeat the whole update.zip process? I see theres a custom theme option under "UI Tweaks" settings sub-menu, but applying them well...doesn't apply them. Do I have to do the first process before I can switch quickly between them via this menu?

-Alot of my apps aren't appearing (Calorie Counter, Angry Birds, Weather Channel, probably others) either in my drawer or the market. How do I get these apps, as well as the new market?

-Is there a way to eliminate the transparency effect when I pull down the notification tab?

Thanks for any answers

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    bump........
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D1 ROM MIUI
    First question the answer is no just download the theme from rom manager or whatever you use and install do not wipe cache

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by qkpony View Post
    First question the answer is no just download the theme from rom manager or whatever you use and install do not wipe cache

alright thanks for the response
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    What new market? The one with the 15-minute return window? Why would you want that?

As for apps like Angry Birds not appearing, I can't tell you what's causing that. All my apps appear. Maybe you should clear the data and cache in the app manager for the Market?
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Search for 'eris Market fix' and run that. I had the same problem.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post
    What new market? The one with the 15-minute return window? Why would you want that?

As for apps like Angry Birds not appearing, I can't tell you what's causing that. All my apps appear. Maybe you should clear the data and cache in the app manager for the Market?

new market and old market both have the same return policy.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by easye View Post
    Decided to finally root my OG Droid, and the first custom ROM I decided to try is Cyanogenmod (6.1.2). I just have a few questions that I'm sure someone can answer (or at least point me in the right direction).

-In order to apply themes, do I need to repeat the whole update.zip process? I see theres a custom theme option under "UI Tweaks" settings sub-menu, but applying them well...doesn't apply them. Do I have to do the first process before I can switch quickly between them via this menu?

-Alot of my apps aren't appearing (Calorie Counter, Angry Birds, Weather Channel, probably others) either in my drawer or the market. How do I get these apps, as well as the new market?

-Is there a way to eliminate the transparency effect when I pull down the notification tab?

Thanks for any answers

1st question---you can apply themes via the update.zip process only if they're compatible with the rom you're on. you don't have to wipe data and cache, but always make a back up using rom manager or clockworkmod recovery.

on cyanogenmod 7 series/nightly builds they have a theme chooser which makes it much simpler.

2nd question---go on cyanogenmod.com and read what other people are saying about the build you're on. they usually have fixes posted.

3rd question--yes in the cyanogenmod6 you can find all the user interface tweaks in the cyanogenmod settings which is located in your original settings. there's one for the pulldown bar and notification bar where you can change the alpha (transparency). sometimes you have reboot to see the changes.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post

Quote Originally Posted by allen2288 View Post
    Search for 'eris Market fix' and run that. I had the same problem.

I'll give these both a shot, thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    1st question---you can apply themes via the update.zip process only if they're compatible with the rom you're on. you don't have to wipe data and cache, but always make a back up using rom manager or clockworkmod recovery.

on cyanogenmod 7 series/nightly builds they have a theme chooser which makes it much simpler.

2nd question---go on cyanogenmod.com and read what other people are saying about the build you're on. they usually have fixes posted.

3rd question--yes in the cyanogenmod6 you can find all the user interface tweaks in the cyanogenmod settings which is located in your original settings. there's one for the pulldown bar and notification bar where you can change the alpha (transparency). sometimes you have reboot to see the changes.
    Checked out the CM site/forum, thanks alot. So is a theme applied on top of my current ROM (not unlike an ADW theme), or is it an entirely new ROM I need to flash?
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DX & D1
    Yes themes are installed over your rom. Just install via clockwork or sprecovery and do not wipe data/cache, just be sure to make a nandroid back up before doing so.

Links