DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 62 of 560 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: **CM7 Build Thread**

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIKOTRET View Post
    Anyone having problems restoring adw settings and desktop

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    yea, i gave up
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Rooted
    Stock ICS
    No SetCPU
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear in NM View Post
    Jerr,

Nah, I am gonna pass on 20 and wait for the next drop.

Not sure what to say about the market. As I posted, I did the complete wipe and let my market rebuild itself. No problems on my end. It works and does show all of my apps. Long shot, but if you downloaded 19 or 20 and gapps on the phone, it is possible your gapps got borked. It has happened to folks in the past, and the usual recommendation is PC download. If you did the pc download perhaps try again?

Craig
    i used my pc, but i also used titanium
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Rooted
    Stock ICS
    No SetCPU
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Bionic (sad but sweet)
    Jerr,

Here is a text file of the steps that Girluvsdroid created in one of the rom sections here. I have used it (as it is a text file on my pC now) and while it is not a 100% fit it might help you. You have to be careful with Titanium as to how and where you restore stuff, especially data for apps. You might also get by with clearing your market cache and data, and perhaps a dalvik wipe (can't hurt).

Quote:

Credit for this guide goes to Girluvsdroid(thank you this has helped alot of people when wiping and doing a clean
    restores of apps and data)

How to start clean & restore using titanium backup
    I do a lot of ROM testing and I always wipe all partitions going to new ROMs, or even new versions of the same ROM.
    I did the same between test versions of PEv3. For those who are interested in getting a clean start when they load
    this blazing new ROM, here's how I do it:
    1. Purchase the license for Titanium Backup (TiBu) if you don't already have it -- it's worth it -- and go to
    Batch and use "Backup all user apps + system data."
    2. Do a nandroid backup of your current setup, then, using ClockworkMod Recovery, do a factory reset
    (wipe data and cache), then go into the partitions menu and do a wipe of boot, then of system.
    3. Install the ROM zip file following the instructions in the OP.
    4. Once you boot up, touch the top left, then the top right, then the bottom right, then the bottom left
    (in a square pattern) of the screen to skip Google sign in.
    5. Make sure you have "Unknown sources" checked in System>Applications.
    6. Open TiBu and go into Preferences and make sure you have "Force to same location" checked (this will
    then make sure your apps and data are restored to the device and SD card, as applicable, exactly as they
    were when you did your backup).
    7. Go into Batch and and start with "Restore missing apps + all system data" -- we'll do apps and data in
    the next step. When you restore missing apps + all missing data, here's the important thing:
    press "Deselect all" and ONLY check the items in GREEN (this will restore all your call log, SMS/MMS, accounts,
    wifi and bluetooth connections, etc.). If you restore the stuff in red, you're restoring system data from prior ROMs,
    which could cause you all kinds of issues.
    NOW, here's another very important caveat: some people have found that
    restoring [SETTINGS/BLUETOOTH] Settings Storage 2.2.1 from "Restore missing apps + all system data" can cause
    issues (for example, if you had a password (PIN) to unlock your phone when you did your TiBu backup and you restore
    this setting on your new ROM, you may find yourself completely locked out after you set your password on your new
    ROM and you reboot -- which means that you'd have to wipe and start over again; also restoring that item from one
    version of LFY to the next, or coming from LFY to PE3, restores all the Liquid Tweaks data, including color choices
    in Interface, etc., and on LFY, this causes FCs in SpareParts--funny thing, though, I restored this item
    from LFY 1.95 to PE3 as an experiment and it restored all my settings from Liquid Tweaks to Elite Options and didn't
    cause any FCs in Spare Parts). One additional thing: you won't see some of your data (call log, SMS/MMS, etc.)
    until after a reboot -- I generally wait until Step 10 when I need to reboot to make my backup anyway, but it's
    certainly fine for you to go ahead and reboot now if you want to ensure that all your data is there.
    8. After you've finished restoring the items in green (other than the one in my caveat above unless you're feeling adventurous),
    run "Restore missing apps with data" (these will all be missing items that are in WHITE text) and go through the list and
    make sure you've got only the items you really want to restore checked. DON'T restore Liquid Tweaks or Spare Parts if they're
    on your list.
    9. Go to Settings>Accounts & sync, Add account and sign in to Google. Make sure Auto-sync is checked and that Sync Contacts,
    Sync Gmail and Sync Calendar, etc. are checked, and allow them to sync. It's possible that the Accounts restore in Step 7
    already restored your account, but you should still look to be sure all your items are checked.
    10. Make a nandroid backup of this setup BEFORE you start adding themes and kernels -- that way, it's easy to revert
    back to stock and start over if a theme or kernel messes you up.
    If you run across any apps that restore from Market without your data, because you missed them in your TiBu restore,
    just go into TiBu and go to filters, type the name of the app, and restore data only.
    The only thing left is that you'll likely have to set up your widgets again (at least I do in Sweeter Home 2)
    and you may have to restore some of your ringtones in contacts, Gmail, calendar and Gtalk.
    One other note: if you have Swype, I've found that TiBu restore doesn't work right. If you have the official beta
    version that you're reinstalling from the Swype beta website, you'll want to reinstall the Swype installer, then Swype
    FIRST, before your full TiBu restore, to avoid the memory issues that plague Swype installs.
    :end quote
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    wiping data fixed it in cm6, but i cant wipe data for market in settings in cm7. its only been a problem since the new market happened..

would a good remedy be to wait for 21, flash that, and the gapps and start again? now that the market doesnt recognize i have those apps will that even make a difference?
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Rooted
    Stock ICS
    No SetCPU
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Thanks for reposting that right there...it's so easy to restore and not pay attention to what you're gonna do to your install.
    I've gotten to the point that I'm trying not to use tibu anymore. My current install it never got touched. Now I'm starting to think it may just be another program sucking off the pool of resources...
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    i just used it to restore user apps, and only picked the ones i use, but why they showed once or twice in the market, but not all the time is beyond me. i dont even bother restoring sms and call logs. it is perplexing for sure.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Rooted
    Stock ICS
    No SetCPU
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    grrrr...like now they are all there! wtf!
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Rooted
    Stock ICS
    No SetCPU
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Bionic (sad but sweet)
    Jerr,

On my market app I can clear cache, but data is greyed out. Can you do that?

I would think that restoring your last good working rom (pre7) and going into market would re-establish you market app list. perhaps do this before your next 7 flash. Then perhaps a complete wipe and reinstall of both 7 and gapps?

Ozzie,

I am with you. I am fortunate that I only have a half dozen or so apps that I have to rebuild the data for, so in the long run letting market do its own thing in the end really saves headache. Perhaps not time, until you have your first problem and end up tail chasing. I know a lot of folks like the TI route to save game data and other specific things, but even if I were in that situation I would use TI surgically on specific applications. No more global restores.

Girluvsdroid did a very remarkable job with that tutorial at least for me, as the steps were less important than the light switch that went off in my head with a better understanding of the nuances of TI. You haveapps, data for apps and you have other global phone settings. Once you parse things it makes a lot more sense.

Now to the future to see how many more of the nightlies can be flashed without a full wipe But I am not sweating the wipe, as long as the market will play nice.

Craig
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Bionic (sad but sweet)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerroedr View Post
    grrrr...like now they are all there! wtf!
    You you do this long enough, and pay attention, you will see a few things cast in stone.

Market is subject to "stuff" on the google side. Sometimes just time will fix things. Sometimes trying to do things in the middle of the night will just be problematic. Sometimes the market is just slow or glitchy.

Weather apps (widgets) also have their own life outside our phone. Sometimes the service is just down.

GPS is subject to its own variability. As the current situation in the SE United States is having now. The DOD can shut portions down, move birds around etc.

Verizon works on their servers on Sunday night. If you need to reactivate your phone from flashing/romming on Sunday, do so with this in mind.

Others can certainly add more to the list, but the bottom line is that there are things outside our control or the rom makers control, and many times these can muddle these threads.

Craig
  10. UNC
    Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    A855/ vPhone4
    Does anyone else use ESPN radio? The live radio stream doesn't work for me! I can listen to podcasts no problem, and since I bought the app for PTI and The BS Report, its not that big a deal... but is the streaming issue only there for me? Everything else streams fine.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    You call me names, I call your Mom!!

Links