DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 548 of 560 FirstFirst ... 48448498538546547548549550558 ... LastLast
Results 5,471 to 5,480 of 5597
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: **CM7 Build Thread**

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    Thats cool, thank you for the work. it almost feels official now, our d1 is now offd equipment. They are like the current USS Missouri. been to war but now sitting coldly alone just moored to the dock.
    Turtle bit me.I thought they were slow....they snap so fast. ................. <3
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by winner00 View Post
    Well I will be getting the Galaxy Nexus tomorrow and retiring my Droid. Its been fun and can't believe we almost got up to 5500 posts and 515,000 views. I think we are ranked the 4th highest post count of the whole forums. Its crazy to think that. I will probably be making one more build for the droid then I will move onto CM9 on the Galaxy Nexus. Hope to see you guys move onto the Galaxy Nexus. Its be fun.
    I hope to see you there as well. Thanks for all you've done!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 1 +CM7
    Thanks for everything Winner!

- onDroid
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I really hope I can get the Nexus (damn no money problem..) so I hope to see you guys on the Nexus side, but I dont know how I will make it happen... I will miss you OG droid, you are now at the final stages of life...
    Running SS5.6/Cushzero 2.3.7
    Loving the Gingerbread deliciousness
    O/C 1.1 Ghz Chevy low voltage kernal.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid
    Well I will be getting the Galaxy Nexus tomorrow and retiring my Droid. Its been fun and can't believe we almost got up to 5500 posts and 515,000 views. I think we are ranked the 4th highest post count of the whole forums. Its crazy to think that. I will probably be making one more build for the droid then I will move onto CM9 on the Galaxy Nexus. Hope to see you guys move onto the Galaxy Nexus. Its been fun.
    Totally joining you on that one!!! Yea a new phone!!! Long live the OG Droid -- only in my desk drawer now!!!
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Thanks for all your support winner. Will you be passing on your knowledge? Will anybody step up to the plate to take it?

Some of us will hold out for many reasons and would still like some support at least until cm 7 final if there ever is one. By the time we get 4g in Wyoming there will probably be 5g available so my og may have to survive a bit longer. And by then a gnex will be 29.95 on ebay.

If no one else steps forward I might consider trying to learn how to do builds. I would buy you a burger at Billy burgers next time you are in town.

Thanks,
    Don
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I guess I'll chime in this thread for a final time as I finally have satisfactory CM7 performance.

First, do look into downloading Swapper2 and setting up a swap PARTITION. First make sure to back up your SD card to your PC, format your SD card, then use ROM Manager to partition your SD card into SD-ext and swap space. I currently use 512 MB for ext3 and 64 MB for swap (previously had 128 but it was overkill). Move your SD card contents on the PC back to your main (FAT32) partition. Go into Swapper2 and set your swappiness to 10 as a starting point. I currently have it set to 15. From a lot of reading I have done 10 is optimal but no more than 20.

As for your SD-ext partition, look into using Link2SD and moving non-critical apps over to the ext3 partition. Move any apps on SD to internal THEN create the links. If your internal memory runs out while doing this simply do a quick reboot from Link2SD to regain the lost space.

Lastly, strongly consider Prime's deprimed kernel. I use #19 as #20 uses BFS (and thus high Android OS usage) and the latest test causes a lot of lagging (for me at least). Take a look at this thread:

Prime&#39;s Deprimed Test Kernel: How to - CyanogenMod Forum

I use the same 20overclock config as the OP with satisfactory results:

1100 MHz, 68
    1000 MHz, 60
    850 MHz, 58
    700 MHz, 44
    550 MHz, 40
    400 MHz, 32
    250 MHz, 28

(Standard disclaimer: Don't attempt unless you know what you're doing...you'll bootloop if you screw up.)

I use the bumblebee governor for all except my failsafe profiles (conservative) and screen off is set to 550/250 as consistent with how bumblebee behaves. See the OP's own profiles for an idea.

If you look in Prime's thread, you'll find the link to #19 if you look hard enough (as deprimed_previous.zip). If you feel that #20 or the latest test works well then by all means go for it. Again, my D1 works best with #19 but it may not be the same for you.

Other performance settings:

- No compcache. It's nothing but a headache.
    - JIT disabled. (Adds some memory back.)
    - Surface dithering disabled.
    - 16 Bit Transparency checked.
    - Purging of assets checked.
    - Lock home in memory disabled. (I use V6 Supercharger)
    - VM Heap Size 40m (though I have it set to 32m in the settings). See this thread:
    My optimized build.prop

H
    ope this post helps.
    CM 7.1 | Deprimed kernel
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Thanks for all you've done winner! Got my nexus this morning and it's a beautiful thing. Farewell og droid.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus: CDMA | ROM: Sourcery | Theme: Stock | Kernel: Trinity | Recovery: TWRP
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    man, so the OG is completely retired looks like. It has been an incredible ride I must say. Now I have to debate whether to get the Nexus, the Razr, or wait a month or 2 and see what comes out, and like they said earlier with CES coming in January, who knows what'll be out soon thereafter. Decisions decisions...
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Well I will be getting the Galaxy Nexus tomorrow and retiring my Droid. Its been fun and can't believe we almost got up to 5500 posts and 515,000 views. I think we are ranked the 4th highest post count of the whole forums. Its crazy to think that. I will probably be making one more build for the droid then I will move onto CM9 on the Galaxy Nexus. Hope to see you guys move onto the Galaxy Nexus. Its been fun.
    I'd love to upgrade too, but my current situation won't allow it...been out of work recovering from a shoulder injury.
    As soon as I land on my feet again I'll take another look at what is happening, but until then I am pretty much stuck with market updates...

I definitely appreciate your efforts winner...this has made things way more interesting than otherwise...hope to see you on the other side...

Links