DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 513 of 560 FirstFirst ... 13413463503511512513514515523 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,130 of 5597
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: **CM7 Build Thread**

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Rooted Droid

Strange mini-reboots

hey guys ... i'm sure this post will be lacking in any type of helpful information, but hoping someone could at least point me in the right direction.

Recently (last few days to a week) I've been getting LOTS of what I call "mini-reboots". It's not going all the way back to the "M" logo, but just the CM7 spinning circle, but it's only there for maybe 5 seconds (whereas a normal full reboot would take anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute, with the CM7 spin being most of that and about 10 seconds of the "M"). Clearly my phone isn't TOTALLY rebooting, but it's doing SOMETHING. I haven't installed anything new, nor changed any settings, so i'm not sure what could be causing this. Is there a log file somewhere that would help me? I have read a bit about "logcat", but not really sure what to do with it. I'm comfortable in shell, so i can follow comands. Just never needed to look at logs before. I've been mostly running smooth until this point. The usual annoying lags and delays and "Wait/force close" menus, but nothing too crazy. This is driving me NUTSO! And i keep checking here hoping for a new release, but apparently git is still down ... argh!

Please help and don't bash me too hard Many thanks all.
  2. Kernel Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    f1vefour
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus Toro
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drumst1x View Post
    hey guys ... i'm sure this post will be lacking in any type of helpful information, but hoping someone could at least point me in the right direction.

Recently (last few days to a week) I've been getting LOTS of what I call "mini-reboots". It's not going all the way back to the "M" logo, but just the CM7 spinning circle, but it's only there for maybe 5 seconds (whereas a normal full reboot would take anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute, with the CM7 spin being most of that and about 10 seconds of the "M"). Clearly my phone isn't TOTALLY rebooting, but it's doing SOMETHING. I haven't installed anything new, nor changed any settings, so i'm not sure what could be causing this. Is there a log file somewhere that would help me? I have read a bit about "logcat", but not really sure what to do with it. I'm comfortable in shell, so i can follow comands. Just never needed to look at logs before. I've been mostly running smooth until this point. The usual annoying lags and delays and "Wait/force close" menus, but nothing too crazy. This is driving me NUTSO! And i keep checking here hoping for a new release, but apparently git is still down ... argh!

Please help and don't bash me too hard Many thanks all.
    Your device is doing what I call softbooting, the likely culprit is the system process is running into an OOM situation causing the entire android ui to die and respawn.

I would need to see your syslog but I'm sure the issue I described is the cause. What to do about it is set the VM heap to 32M in cyanogen performance settings and reboot.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    So cvcps got a bionic... i dont think there is anyone left developing the og anymore.... at least on cm. And like every other rom is cm based.... sad face
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Rooted
    Stock ICS
    No SetCPU
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    kcorbnamron
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Ya, I'm just trying to hang on patiently these last few months with my OG until the Prime comes out. It's tough. The old boy is slowing down.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Damnnnnnn

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I hope this doesn't mean EOL

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    The OG Droid can't die.... O.o what is the world coming to!
    Running SS5.6/Cushzero 2.3.7
    Loving the Gingerbread deliciousness
    O/C 1.1 Ghz Chevy low voltage kernal.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Liked
    117 times
    Phone
    DROID X --> Nexus Prime
    Sorry guys... We all must move on...=/ Someday when one of your grandkids finds your old droid in the attic (or hopefully you'll have it mounted on the wall and they'll ask you what it is), we'll all sit around on this forum talking about the good old days of the og droid. And the good ol' devs of yesteryear...
    Ya know, you og people are an interesting group! :P If I would have gotten on the droid bandwagon back then I'd be just like you! :P
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    zachdroid
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    The OG is an icon/homage to the Droid world of a great Google experience with great customization and without the hardware limitations could truly go in forever. But alas I find myself being drawn to the bionic. As much as I will hate to go from the OG I will always have it as a memory of what once was...

Tapping screen as I talk to myself on my Bootstrapped Bionic
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 1
    ...sniff...

What a fun ride it was though. I had no idea how many late nights I was in for coming to these forums.

Links