DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 490 of 560 FirstFirst ... 390440480488489490491492500540 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,900 of 5597
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: **CM7 Build Thread**

  1. Droid
    AlphaMack's Avatar
    Member #
    102792
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    71
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I'm now testing out the Deprimed kernel on my D1. Compcache didn't appear to be working correctly with ChevyNo1's 1 GHz LV leading to random reboots. Also I was still experiencing tremendous battery drain as previously described.

    I'm using the OOTB 'primed' ULV values.

    For the SuperCharger script, I'm trying out Aggressive 1 to see if it makes a difference over Balanced 3. Also using the same 3G and kernel tweak scripts supplied by Zepplinrox over on his XDA thread.

    SetCPU:
    Switched to bumblebee governor. 900/250 default.

    Screen off 450/250 bumblebee
    CPU > 55.0C 600/250 conservative
    Batt > 48.9C 600/250 conservative
    Charging 600/250 bumblebee
    Batt < 21% 600/250 bumblebee
    Batt < 41% 800/250 bumblebee
    Batt < 101% 900/250 bumblebee
    CM 7.1 | Deprimed kernel
  2. Droid Ninja
    anuraj1's Avatar
    Member #
    25108
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,140
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    AnurajBhatt
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    My phone works so much better WITHOUT V6 Supercharger on Winner's latest build.

    Out of curiosity, is it okay to flash a nightly over Winner's build without a wipe? He's been really busy lately and I am glad he makes work a priority over a hobby, but I'd like to flash the latest build.
  3. Master Droid
    phonetool's Avatar
    Member #
    181825
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    337
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 1 +CM7
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDroidX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phonetool View Post
    I've had a very annoying number of lockups and random reboots yesterday and today. It starts with incoming calls going straight to speaker, with no microphone (caller can't hear me).
    Still on Winner00 132, with ChevyNo1 1GHz Low Voltage kernel and V6 supercharger 8 (Balanced 3), no swap.

    Can't wait for another Winner build! many thanks in advance!
    That sounds like a kernel related issue. Have you tried another kernel? Deprimed is recommended by winner. Also, I use a different minfree setting and have great results. Minfree can often be responsible for hot reboots. Hot reboots are a result of SYSTEM being killed. I use 8, 10, 20, 40, 45, 50.


    Sent from the Droidforums App via a Neurocellular Processing Unit.
    I tried a Deprimed kernel a few months ago when I first got into the Droid, but since then I've used ROM Manager exclusively and I see no Prime kernels. This may be why I went with ChevyNo1 kernels. Also they were mentioned in the SetCPU tutorial thread.

    Once something works for me I generally stick with it and try small changes. This holds true for the V6 Supercharger script- I've stuck with 'Balanced 3' because a tutorial said it ran very well on low-memory devices. I haven't played with it since it was working fairly well.

    I guess I'll have to dive into RaidZero's Recovery in order to sort out a Deprimed kernel.

    I was also a bit confused about 'Primed' vs. 'Deprimed' options and what that all meant. I guess I've got some googling to do...

    edit:
    uh-oh!
    I went into the V6 supercharger script in order to test the phone with the script 'unsupercharged', but touching the screen (to scroll) gives me text input at the prompt.
    Looks like this:
    ^[[6-^[[6-^[[6-^[[5-^[[5-^[[5-
    I got out of the script with a '17' entry (at first it thought I'd entered '7' and scolded me), and did a reboot, but the second time into the script still gives the weird input.

    edit2: Aha! Swiftkey X is to blame. disabled that and have no problems in the script with the stock keyboard.
    edit3 godammitsomuch I spoke too soon- stock keyboard also gives weird input, as does the D-button.
    Last edited by phonetool; 07-26-2011 at 03:40 PM.
  4. Developer
    winner00's Avatar
    Member #
    4915
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,112
    Liked
    57 times
    Twitter
    expertontech
    Phone
    LTE Galaxy Nexus
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    I couldn't get the new build to build last night so I will try again later tonight. I think it was because they are in the middle of merging 2.3.5 into cm. So expect 2.3.5 to be in one of my next builds.
    Galaxy Nexus Setup
    Rom: My CM9 Kang
    Kernel: franco Nightly #135

    Theme: ICS
    Launcher: Trebuchet
    Recovery: Team Win 2.1


    Twitter: expertontech
    CM7 Thread with My Build for OG Droid





    Thanks for the donation!
  5. Droid
    AlphaMack's Avatar
    Member #
    102792
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    71
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by phonetool View Post
    I tried a Deprimed kernel a few months ago when I first got into the Droid, but since then I've used ROM Manager exclusively and I see no Prime kernels. This may be why I went with ChevyNo1 kernels. Also they were mentioned in the SetCPU tutorial thread.

    Once something works for me I generally stick with it and try small changes. This holds true for the V6 Supercharger script- I've stuck with 'Balanced 3' because a tutorial said it ran very well on low-memory devices. I haven't played with it since it was working fairly well.

    I guess I'll have to dive into RaidZero's Recovery in order to sort out a Deprimed kernel.

    I was also a bit confused about 'Primed' vs. 'Deprimed' options and what that all meant. I guess I've got some googling to do...


    ROM Manager is absolute crap. You're far better off downloading the actual zip files (ROMs, kernels, etc.) and using CWM to install them (just choose the install zip from sdcard option).

    The deprimed kernel is quite straightforward once you install it. It's standard voltage out of the box. To switch to ULV, you simply open up a root shell and use the 'primed' command. To switch back, use 'deprime' to undo ULV. There's also a declock.zip (see Prime's thread) if you get stuck in a boot loop. I haven't experimented further with it, but there is plenty of reading both in the deprimed thread in this subforum and over at CM.

    Of course, it should go without saying that you keep nandroid backups whenever making major changes like this.

    Quote Originally Posted by winner00 View Post
    I couldn't get the new build to build last night so I will try again later tonight. I think it was because they are in the middle of merging 2.3.5 into cm. So expect 2.3.5 to be in one of my next builds.
    Probably why there hasn't been a RC release in a month?
    Last edited by AlphaMack; 07-26-2011 at 03:28 PM.
    CM 7.1 | Deprimed kernel
  6. Master Droid
    phonetool's Avatar
    Member #
    181825
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    337
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 1 +CM7
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMack View Post
    ROM Manager is absolute crap. You're far better off downloading the actual zip files (ROMs, kernels, etc.) and using CWM to install them (just choose the install zip from sdcard option).
    I've heard that from other sources, but it has worked for me unfailingly for the past 3 or 4 months, since I've been on the Droid. Perhaps it was bad when it was newer and earned a poor reputation then.
    In any case, I'll have to look into another method in order to get on a Prime-built kernel.

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMack View Post
    The deprimed kernel is quite straightforward once you install it. It's standard voltage out of the box. To switch to ULV, you simply open up a root shell and use the 'primed' command. To switch back, use 'deprime' to undo ULV. There's also a declock.zip (see Prime's thread) if you get stuck in a boot loop. I haven't experimented further with it, but there is plenty of reading both in the deprimed thread in this subforum and over at CM.
    "Declock"? Isn't that what SetCPU 'on demand' and profiles are for? Or are you talking about reverting to a standard kernel?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMack View Post
    Of course, it should go without saying that you keep nandroid backups whenever making major changes like this.
    Always!
  7. Droid
    AlphaMack's Avatar
    Member #
    102792
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    71
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by phonetool View Post
    "Declock"? Isn't that what SetCPU 'on demand' and profiles are for? Or are you talking about reverting to a standard kernel?
    The declock.zip package is used to remove a file used by the kernel. This file is what sets the slots (which you see when setting up your SetCPU profiles). As not all D1s can handle ULV kernels, an inadvertent change to this file can send the D1 into a boot loop. See the OP here:

    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cya...f-you-can.html
    CM 7.1 | Deprimed kernel
  8. Master Droid
    phonetool's Avatar
    Member #
    181825
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    337
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 1 +CM7
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phonetool View Post
    "Declock"? Isn't that what SetCPU 'on demand' and profiles are for? Or are you talking about reverting to a standard kernel?
    The declock.zip package is used to remove a file used by the kernel. This file is what sets the slots (which you see when setting up your SetCPU profiles). As not all D1s can handle ULV kernels, an inadvertent change to this file can send the D1 into a boot loop. See the OP here:

    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cya...f-you-can.html
    Gotcha. yah, my Droid couldn't handle the ChevyNo1 ULV kernels. I just stick with the LV ones. I've got a 3Ah battery on the thing, so I'm not worried about running out of juice.
  9. Developer
    winner00's Avatar
    Member #
    4915
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,112
    Liked
    57 times
    Twitter
    expertontech
    Phone
    LTE Galaxy Nexus
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    New build is up! Biggest change is that its 2.3.5 now. Read the changelog for the rest of the changes.
    Last edited by winner00; 07-26-2011 at 04:24 PM.
    Galaxy Nexus Setup
    Rom: My CM9 Kang
    Kernel: franco Nightly #135

    Theme: ICS
    Launcher: Trebuchet
    Recovery: Team Win 2.1


    Twitter: expertontech
    CM7 Thread with My Build for OG Droid





    Thanks for the donation!
  10. Droid
    AlphaMack's Avatar
    Member #
    102792
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    71
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quick question: With this 2.3.5 build, is it safe to flash directly over #132? Or do you recommend a full wipe?
    CM 7.1 | Deprimed kernel

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. CM7 Build#1
    By maninblack in forum Cyanogenmod
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 08:14 AM
  2. Build #
    By mdowns989 in forum Liberty ROM DX
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-16-2011, 01:16 PM
  3. New Build
    By kingdroid81 in forum Team D1-MIUI
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-31-2010, 07:16 AM
  4. How to build a Rom
    By MrCapcom in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 12:42 PM

Search tags for this page

allow purging of assets

,
apk jr pacman rom
,
cm7 language pack
,
cm7 mms download unsuccessful
,

cm7 pacman.apk

,
cyanogen mod booby wallpaper
,
cyanogenmod pacman.apk
,

pacman.apk cm7

,

pacman.apk cyanogenmod

,
what is pacman.apk cm7
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+