DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 489 of 560 FirstFirst ... 389439479487488489490491499539 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,890 of 5597
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: **CM7 Build Thread**

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I'm on #140 now. I've noticed that the camera is much more stable compared to 7.1 RC1
    Rooted Bionic
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    mditommaso3
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the devs that put their time into making CM7 a great ROM. Recently, my OG Droid 1 was water damaged.. (I know, terrible. ) I was running a nightly of CM7 at the time and it was running very smoothly. After a week or so sitting in a bag of rice with the battery removed, the phone was resurrected, and is now working again. The only problem that I'm having is that it is randomly rebooting over and over for no apparent reason. I did about 6 full wipes and reinstalls of winner's latest build and the latest google apps, but to no avail. I was wondering if this was just a problem with the new builds, or just a problem with my phone. It doesn't matter to me that much, counting down the days until the Bionic is (hopefully) released.
    HTC Rezound
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 1 +CM7
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMasso View Post
    I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the devs that put their time into making CM7 a great ROM. Recently, my OG Droid 1 was water damaged.. (I know, terrible. ) I was running a nightly of CM7 at the time and it was running very smoothly. After a week or so sitting in a bag of rice with the battery removed, the phone was resurrected, and is now working again. The only problem that I'm having is that it is randomly rebooting over and over for no apparent reason. I did about 6 full wipes and reinstalls of winner's latest build and the latest google apps, but to no avail. I was wondering if this was just a problem with the new builds, or just a problem with my phone. It doesn't matter to me that much, counting down the days until the Bionic is (hopefully) released.
    I think some problems are caused by improper use of memory. With CM7 on the Droid 1 you really have to walk a tightrope wrt memory.
    A couple posts back there are some settings that are working for at least a couple of us. Try those and see if the reboots simmer down.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus CDMA, OG Droid
    I run minfree 8, 10, 20, 40, 45, 50 with amazing results. I have been trying different settings for months and this is by far the best. I also run deprimed with stocked slots and overclocked with MSOC @ 900 mHz 60 vsel. It is smooth and consistant.

Sent from the Droidforums App via a Neurocellular Processing Unit.

Sync your files online and across computers and your Android with Dropbox. Instant photo uploads and cloud galleries. Share uploaded files with a link or collaborate documents with other Dropbox users. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/BOgwUVW

I don't have a DX, it's just a name. Made it before the DX existed,oops
    !
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 1 +CM7
    Hmm... I'm seeing reboots on my phone, too. Could be 132?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @sandfreak450
    Phone
    GNex
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDroidX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sandfreak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoDrtRider View Post

I don't know for sure but it would be up to the themer to update their theme to work properly with the ROM and your widgets. Right now I would say you need to decide which is more important to you the theme or your widgets working properly... I would choose function over form.
    Well I spoke too soon, I got in touch with the Dev of the theme and they asked me to wipe data and see if that fixes it. So obviously that wiped out all of my settings. So I started setting things up (loading my apps, applying widgets, etc.) and before even applying the theme the widgets wouldn't update. So I uninstalled each widget that I was having trouble with and reinstalled and was still having problems.

I've pretty much given up now, I switch roms so often that I'll take the loss on this one . I'm on P.E. 6.5 for now, got CM7 nightly #138 zip on my laptop ready to flash once I get some help at xda with some framework and systemUI stuff for the next theme I want to use. "Meizu" theme
    Someone at xda already made a meizu theme.

Yeah, theme dev said after Wednesday he'd help me with the framework and systemUI patches to get the transparent status bar, so I'm waitin on that.
    - Samsung Galaxy Nexus

- Motorola Droid - Retired
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Twitter
    expertontech
    Phone
    LTE Galaxy Nexus
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    New build is coming up soon. Looks like there is a few changes for the droid in it.
    Galaxy Nexus Setup
    Rom: My CM9 Kang
    Kernel: franco Nightly #135

Theme: ICS
    Launcher: Trebuchet
    Recovery: Team Win 2.1

Twitter: expertontech
    CM7 Thread with My Build for OG Droid

Thanks for the donation!
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @sandfreak450
    Phone
    GNex
    Quote Originally Posted by winner00 View Post
    New build is coming up soon. Looks like there is a few changes for the droid in it.
    Can't wait
    - Samsung Galaxy Nexus

- Motorola Droid - Retired
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 1 +CM7
    I've had a very annoying number of lockups and random reboots yesterday and today. It starts with incoming calls going straight to speaker, with no microphone (caller can't hear me).
    Still on Winner00 132, with ChevyNo1 1GHz Low Voltage kernel and V6 supercharger 8 (Balanced 3), no swap.

Can't wait for another Winner build! many thanks in advance!
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus CDMA, OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by phonetool View Post
    I've had a very annoying number of lockups and random reboots yesterday and today. It starts with incoming calls going straight to speaker, with no microphone (caller can't hear me).
    Still on Winner00 132, with ChevyNo1 1GHz Low Voltage kernel and V6 supercharger 8 (Balanced 3), no swap.

Can't wait for another Winner build! many thanks in advance!
    That sounds like a kernel related issue. Have you tried another kernel? Deprimed is recommended by winner. Also, I use a different minfree setting and have great results. Minfree can often be responsible for hot reboots. Hot reboots are a result of SYSTEM being killed. I use 8, 10, 20, 40, 45, 50.

Last edited by DanDroidX; 07-26-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Sync your files online and across computers and your Android with Dropbox. Instant photo uploads and cloud galleries. Share uploaded files with a link or collaborate documents with other Dropbox users. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/BOgwUVW

I don't have a DX, it's just a name. Made it before the DX existed,oops
    !

Links